PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts?

Devin
09-23-2007, 03:44 PM
FA:

A #2 WR, not an all star or anything but someone capable that upgrades us opposite Evans. Not a bank breaker but again an upgrade, a guy like Bryant Johnson from zona would be great. Big guy with great hands, just so happens to play behind a pretty sick WR tandem.

Honestly I leave our starting LB's alone. At least for now, id bring in a vet body behind Crowell, Poz and Ellison but I think that group will end up being pretty good. Tons of 2nd tier vet LB's will be available.

TE: Eric Johnson. He will likely get an extension from the Saints but throwing him into an offense with 2 legit WR's, Lynch and probably Edwards would give us a lot of options.

Lastly CB. At least as of now its a relativley thin market next year, again I look at bringing in a vet body to play in the nickel. I believe part of our problem in the secondary.....apart the injuries......is we dont have a lot of CB's that are Cover 2 type DB's. Big physical guys. Tmac gets shoved around all the time.

Id also probably look at a 1-2 year type vet QB.

Draft:
Assuming we are drafting in the 3-7 range no question I set my sights on Glenn Dorsey. A absolute monster who will wreak havoc all game and give the Bills someone who opposing defenses actually fear. Teamed alongside Schobel our DL is instantly upgraded....not just a little either.

The 2nd round I look at C and OG. Without knowing the prospects this early of course obviously OL help would be nice.

CB is obviously also a concern and if the value is there in the 2nd by all means, but most times CB rooks (apart 1st rounders) dont see a lot of time so i went with what I thought would be the bigger impact.

Obvisouly we wont fill every hole, that never happens. And with this team and the amount of injuries you could make a case for almost every position apart maybe K/P.

Cuts:
Depending on cap hit of course: Peerless Price, Tim Anderson, Jason Webster, Robert Royal

venis2k1
09-23-2007, 03:46 PM
can we draft a coach in the first round?

historypete
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
I agree with most of what you said, but I think we need another LB to go along with Crowell and Poz. I don't trust Ellison.

We really need a 2nd WR. I've been banging against Price for a while, and I still think he is useless. I like your idea of Bryant Johnson.

The one thing I think you forgot is a new GM, pro-personnel director, head coach and offensive coordintor.

As for our draft, I'm surprised you said 3-7, I'm thinking 1-3.

churchinski
09-23-2007, 03:49 PM
this team is so far away it isn't even funny

they're actually worse

they're getting worse not better