PDA

View Full Version : Some Perspective....

Mahdi
09-23-2007, 03:50 PM
To start off I'm not here to raise the hopes of Bills nation that were going to turn this thing around and win out. This team is in serious trouble we have injuries everywhere. 3 starting DBs, 3 starting LBs, 2 key DEs, and now our starting QB (to a cheap shot). You just can't compete in the NFL that way. And as upset and frustrated as I am we can't just start throwing the whole coaching staff under the bus. Think about it, we were a young team to begin with and now were going with back-ups to our young guys at critical positions , not to mention the fact that our veterans, ie Schobel and Kelsay are playing like garbage.

JP got hurt in the first series and as much as I wanted Edwards to air it out we all saw what happened when he was given that chance. He missed on a simple timing route and that all comes down to reps at practice so I don't blame him either. The fact is we were a questionable team to begin with and now there's no question, no coach would be able to win with what we have. The game was close as we all saw but after Poz going down that just sealed it for the D. GREER on MOSS! common guys, are you telling me that Martz or Sherman or whoever would put some special game plan together to enable Greer to cover Moss. Let's just accept what we have and for the sake of our team support our coaching staff so we can have some continuity going forward. Bottom line is were young and beat up and no amount of coaching can compensate for that. This is a bad situation Bills fans but were just going to have to ride it out and enjoy watching the only bright spot left on the team, Lynch.

OpIv37
09-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Injuries are no excuse for the D looking totally confused. It wasn't always a matter of our back ups getting beat by their better players- it was our guys having no idea what was going on. That's coaching. The coaching problems have been evident going back to last season and have nothing to do with the injuries.

Oaf
09-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Greer looked better than any corner I've seen this year for us. He had solid coverage on both TDs, both just absolute perfect offensive execution.

YardRat
09-23-2007, 09:06 PM
Nice sentiment, but if we continue to play like this against the Jets and beyond, my benefit of the doubt for the coaching staff goes out the window.

HHURRICANE
09-23-2007, 09:15 PM
To start off I'm not here to raise the hopes of Bills nation that were going to turn this thing around and win out. This team is in serious trouble we have injuries everywhere. 3 starting DBs, 3 starting LBs, 2 key DEs, and now our starting QB (to a cheap shot). You just can't compete in the NFL that way. And as upset and frustrated as I am we can't just start throwing the whole coaching staff under the bus. Think about it, we were a young team to begin with and now were going with back-ups to our young guys at critical positions , not to mention the fact that our veterans, ie Schobel and Kelsay are playing like garbage.

JP got hurt in the first series and as much as I wanted Edwards to air it out we all saw what happened when he was given that chance. He missed on a simple timing route and that all comes down to reps at practice so I don't blame him either. The fact is we were a questionable team to begin with and now there's no question, no coach would be able to win with what we have. The game was close as we all saw but after Poz going down that just sealed it for the D. GREER on MOSS! common guys, are you telling me that Martz or Sherman or whoever would put some special game plan together to enable Greer to cover Moss. Let's just accept what we have and for the sake of our team support our coaching staff so we can have some continuity going forward. Bottom line is were young and beat up and no amount of coaching can compensate for that. This is a bad situation Bills fans but were just going to have to ride it out and enjoy watching the only bright spot left on the team, Lynch.

I just started a similar thread, sorry. I agree 100% that Parcells could be the coach and we would still suck. The truth is that we have **** for talent.

Our D superstars are Schobel and Crowell. Two guys that would disappear on a real roster.

Our O superstars are Evans and Lynch. An undersized number #1 and a rookie RB. Just friggin scary.