PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: Poz injury season ending

Philagape
09-23-2007, 04:57 PM
Forked from: Poz injury season ending (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2126876)

According Dick Jauron's Press Conference Poz may be out for the season and Losman may be out for next weeks Jets Game....

Bmax

According to AP, Dick expects JP to miss a couple of weeks. He has a grade 1 left knee sprain and got on the team bus on crutches.

Cntrygal
09-23-2007, 05:03 PM
I wonder why they didn't have him on crutches (on the sideline) in the 2nd half...

Michael82
09-23-2007, 05:04 PM
I wonder why they didn't have him on crutches (on the sideline) in the 2nd half...
Good question.... Hell, they even tried to get him back in the game, but decided not to. It didn't make sense. He was standing on it and didn't look like he was hurting too bad.

Yasgur's Farm
09-23-2007, 05:07 PM
It'll get Edwards some good game experience... He's gonna make a great Frank Reich.

Philagape
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Looks like it'll be Edwards Monday night against Dallas.

Cntrygal
09-23-2007, 05:10 PM
Good question.... Hell, they even tried to get him back in the game, but decided not to. It didn't make sense. He was standing on it and didn't look like he was hurting too bad.

I saw him limping around and trying to stretch it... I'm sure it was sore.

Philagape
09-23-2007, 05:11 PM
"It was getting worse and worse by the seconds," Losman said. "I could stand the pain, but I couldn't deal with the weakness" in the knee.

Michael82
09-23-2007, 05:13 PM
I saw him limping around and trying to stretch it... I'm sure it was sore.
So, it sounds like another bonehead move by the idiotic coaching staff..... :ill: :mad:

How come he wasn't sitting on the bench? How come he wasn't on crutches? :shakeno:

Mad Bomber
09-23-2007, 05:25 PM
I don't know if you've ever had a knee injury, Mikey. I have. They don't necessarily manifest themself immediately. Hell, his knee will be MUCH worse tomorrow at this time than it was 30 minutes, one hour, or 4 hours after it happened. It's the type of injury that gets worse with time...fluid starts to accumulate in it and it gets swollen. When it first happens you think it's not so bad, and you can walk it off. Then you start to realize that you're actually HURT.

Ebenezer
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM
I don't know if you've ever had a knee injury, Mikey. I have. They don't necessarily manifest themself immediately. Hell, his knee will be MUCH worse tomorrow at this time than it was 30 minutes, one hour, or 4 hours after it happened. It's the type of injury that gets worse with time...fluid starts to accumulate in it and it gets swollen. When it first happens you think it's not so bad, and you can walk it off. Then you start to realize that you're actually HURT.
exactly...when your bones, ligaments and tendons are warm you don't feel pain or discomfort any where near as when you body cools down. it is easier to move those things when you body is warm.

And as you said. Inflammation that occurs later is worse. That is when some of the real pain starts because more tissue than just that that is injured is being affected.

kinigirly
09-23-2007, 05:28 PM

i pulled my knee during a supine at work one time. it bothered me but i brushed it off as no big deal. the next morning i couldn't walk and ended up with a leg brace on, and on light duty for 2 weeks. i'm feeling edwards fever again next week

Michael82
09-23-2007, 05:31 PM
nope, i've been lucky. I've never been to the hospital, except for my big car accident last year when I had a mild concussion and had a CAT scan. Never broke anything, tore anything, or even sprained anything. *knock on wood*

Cntrygal
09-23-2007, 05:34 PM
If you just jinxed me and my ankle is busted again Mikey - I'm gonna kick your ass.

Michael82
09-23-2007, 05:35 PM
If you just jinxed me and my ankle is busted again Mikey - I'm gonna kick your ass.
:scared:

TigerJ
09-23-2007, 05:46 PM
It probably would have been smart to ice it down as soon as they decided not to put him back in the game.

Mad Bomber
09-23-2007, 05:53 PM
nope, i've been lucky. I've never been to the hospital, except for my big car accident last year when I had a mild concussion and had a CAT scan. Never broke anything, tore anything, or even sprained anything. *knock on wood*
I'm glad to hear that.

But when I had a knee injury that required arthroscopic surgery, it didn't seem so bad at first. By the time that 12 hours had passed, I could barely walk on it, and my knee was swollen up to many times its normal size.

I was doing exactly what JP was doing right after it happened...walk it off....it will be OK.

Then reality sets in...

JD
09-23-2007, 05:53 PM
It probably would have been smart to ice it down as soon as they decided not to put him back in the game.
Not when they want Edwards as their starter..

Ebenezer
09-24-2007, 01:52 AM
Mikey, generally one does not get injured sitting in a computer chair typing...what is the worst that can happen?? digititis?? :lol!:

shelby
09-24-2007, 04:18 AM
As if the Bills defense couldn't be thinned any more by injury, Buffalo also lost starting middle linebacker Paul Posluszny to the aforementioned broken forearm. There's a chance he could be out for the year."Paul will have surgery tomorrow," said Jauron. "My sense is that this may be season ending. That's my sense. I'm not a doctor, but just talking to our people. That's what I think at this point."

:( :curse:

full story (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5289)

SABuffalo786
09-24-2007, 07:02 AM
Unreal. See you next year. :(