• Show
Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Forked Thread: Poz injury season ending

Forked from: Poz injury season ending

Originally posted by Bmax
    According Dick Jauron's Press Conference Poz may be out for the season and Losman may be out for next weeks Jets Game....

Bmax
    According to AP, Dick expects JP to miss a couple of weeks. He has a grade 1 left knee sprain and got on the team bus on crutches.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • Cntrygal
    Visually stunning but camera-shy.
    • Jul 2002

Re: Forked Thread: Poz injury season ending

I wonder why they didn't have him on crutches (on the sideline) in the 2nd half...
    Originally posted by notacon
    The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

For news, articles and other "stuff"... BillsZone.com

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Cntrygal
      I wonder why they didn't have him on crutches (on the sideline) in the 2nd half...
      Good question.... Hell, they even tried to get him back in the game, but decided not to. It didn't make sense. He was standing on it and didn't look like he was hurting too bad.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

It'll get Edwards some good game experience... He's gonna make a great Frank Reich.

Comment

• Philagape
          WIN NOW
          • Jul 2002

Looks like it'll be Edwards Monday night against Dallas.
          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Cntrygal
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
            Good question.... Hell, they even tried to get him back in the game, but decided not to. It didn't make sense. He was standing on it and didn't look like he was hurting too bad.

I saw him limping around and trying to stretch it... I'm sure it was sore.
            The biggest thing we learned from the Bills is that they are a resilient bunch and did what they had to do to win instead of past years where they fold like a cheap lawn chair.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

"It was getting worse and worse by the seconds," Losman said. "I could stand the pain, but I couldn't deal with the weakness" in the knee.

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

I saw him limping around and trying to stretch it... I'm sure it was sore.
                So, it sounds like another bonehead move by the idiotic coaching staff.....

How come he wasn't sitting on the bench? How come he wasn't on crutches?

Comment

• Mad Bomber
                  • Jul 2002

I don't know if you've ever had a knee injury, Mikey. I have. They don't necessarily manifest themself immediately. Hell, his knee will be MUCH worse tomorrow at this time than it was 30 minutes, one hour, or 4 hours after it happened. It's the type of injury that gets worse with time...fluid starts to accumulate in it and it gets swollen. When it first happens you think it's not so bad, and you can walk it off. Then you start to realize that you're actually HURT.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mad Bomber
                    I don't know if you've ever had a knee injury, Mikey. I have. They don't necessarily manifest themself immediately. Hell, his knee will be MUCH worse tomorrow at this time than it was 30 minutes, one hour, or 4 hours after it happened. It's the type of injury that gets worse with time...fluid starts to accumulate in it and it gets swollen. When it first happens you think it's not so bad, and you can walk it off. Then you start to realize that you're actually HURT.
                    exactly...when your bones, ligaments and tendons are warm you don't feel pain or discomfort any where near as when you body cools down. it is easier to move those things when you body is warm.

And as you said. Inflammation that occurs later is worse. That is when some of the real pain starts because more tissue than just that that is injured is being affected.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• kinigirly
                      • Sep 2005

i pulled my knee during a supine at work one time. it bothered me but i brushed it off as no big deal. the next morning i couldn't walk and ended up with a leg brace on, and on light duty for 2 weeks. i'm feeling edwards fever again next week

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

nope, i've been lucky. I've never been to the hospital, except for my big car accident last year when I had a mild concussion and had a CAT scan. Never broke anything, tore anything, or even sprained anything. *knock on wood*

Comment

• Cntrygal
                          • Jul 2002

If you just jinxed me and my ankle is busted again Mikey - I'm gonna kick your ass.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

If you just jinxed me and my ankle is busted again Mikey - I'm gonna kick your ass.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

It probably would have been smart to ice it down as soon as they decided not to put him back in the game.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X