Allow me to ask something in an open-ended manner;

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow me to ask something in an open-ended manner;

Would it have been possible for Wilson to see this team out of Buffalo any more "smoothly" while "maintaining appearances" then it is apparently prepared to end now?

I mean, if Wilson had truly wanted to see to it that this team left Buffalo either soon or following his passing, and if he truly wanted it to seem that he was making his best effort to put a winning team on the field, and if yet truly wanted to see the team fail so miserably, ...

... could he possibly have engineered the effort any better behind the scenes or w/o anyone knowing or suspecting?

Why would he do that, or what's in it for him you might ask? Plenty.

First of all, money for his family, none of whom desire to run/manage/own the team when he departs. He can clearly get a lot more from selling the team to a group desiring to move it away from Buffalo.

Second, presently he's the only owner that the NFL has ever seen in Buffalo. By seeing to it that the team leaves, he would cement a nice legacy, at least on paper, and preserve that status.

Third, he continually saves some money by spending much less on a head coach and assistants. He obviously can only spend "so little" on players due to the salcap rules there, but the money he saves on coaches goes into his pocket.

Wilson's days as a viable NFL team owner are long over, or, he's been playing us all for fools for a while now.
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

Re: Allow me to ask something in an open-ended manner;

Blah, blah blah, We are doomed. Turn off the repeater.

Comment

• Nighthawk
      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
      • Jul 2002

Some good points and I hope not, but it's been obvious for the last few years that Wilson's caring for winning has not been there. He is basically useless at this point.

Comment

• HAMMER
        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
        • Jul 2003

Unprovoked attack on a poster.

Piss off. This post#& is a douche!

Comment

• raphael120
          Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
          • Oct 2005

Homers, go **** yourself.

Wys has been dead on in his assessment of this ****ty team for years now.

Comment

• Jeff1220
            H to the 12:20
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120

Wy has certainly been right on quite a few things over the years, but far from everything. (Rob Johnson, Travis Brown, & Shawn Bryson to name a few). I don't necessarily think this scenario is out of the realm of possibility, but it's not likely. I doubt Ralph really wants to hurt the value and profitability of his franchise by having them suck for 8 consecutive seasons, or whatever it's been at this point. He very well might move them, or sell to ownership that will, but I don't necessarily think it was a mastermind scheme to suck for years to make it happen.

Comment

• gr8slayer
              • Feb 2005

Comment

• HAMMER
                I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                • Jul 2003

I could care less if he is right or not, don't come to a Bills board and call people morons for supporting their team, which is what he has done for years. It's all in the delivery, mine might not be great but his is much worse.
                Last edited by HAMMER; 09-23-2007, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by raphael120

Except for Phillip Rivers.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                    Maybe?
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Wys Guy
                    Would it have been possible for Wilson to see this team out of Buffalo any more "smoothly" while "maintaining appearances" then it is apparently prepared to end now?

I mean, if Wilson had truly wanted to see to it that this team left Buffalo either soon or following his passing, and if he truly wanted it to seem that he was making his best effort to put a winning team on the field, and if yet truly wanted to see the team fail so miserably, ...

... could he possibly have engineered the effort any better behind the scenes or w/o anyone knowing or suspecting?

Why would he do that, or what's in it for him you might ask? Plenty.

First of all, money for his family, none of whom desire to run/manage/own the team when he departs. He can clearly get a lot more from selling the team to a group desiring to move it away from Buffalo.

Second, presently he's the only owner that the NFL has ever seen in Buffalo. By seeing to it that the team leaves, he would cement a nice legacy, at least on paper, and preserve that status.

Third, he continually saves some money by spending much less on a head coach and assistants. He obviously can only spend "so little" on players due to the salcap rules there, but the money he saves on coaches goes into his pocket.

Wilson's days as a viable NFL team owner are long over, or, he's been playing us all for fools for a while now.
                    I don't think it is intentional - I just think the game passed him by a long time ago. Let's face it - he's what, 89, 90? Kudos to him for being as alert as he is but that's not enough to be an NFL owner.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

Ralph's truly a genius...I'm looking forward to the explanation on how he masterminded all the injuries.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• gr8slayer
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                        Ralph's truly a genius...I'm looking forward to the explanation on how he masterminded all the injuries.
                        I'm looking forward to all the bad economy excuses for Ralph.

Comment

• Typ0
                          honey pie
                          • Jul 2002

If he cares about the team being in buffalo like he says...then why does he refuse to sell the team or even talk to local people? That has me perplexed.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

Originally posted by Typ0
                            If he cares about the team being in buffalo like he says...then why does he refuse to sell the team or even talk to local people? That has me perplexed.
                            How hard is it to figure out he wants to keep the team till he dies? He bought it, and wants to see HIS team win. Sure, I think he wants to keep the team in Buffalo, but not at the expense of giving it away. He has spent millions to get this team better (Dockery, Walker, Kelsay, Schobel, etc...) and it hasn't completely worked out. Anybody who says he WANTS the team to lose is an idiot. He might not have made the best personel moves, but I don't think for a second he doesn't want to win and win now.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Typ0
                              Because he doesn't care. He's a greedy, self-centered ****.

Comment

Working...
                              X