PDA

View Full Version : Why All the Doom and Gloom?

Typ0
09-23-2007, 07:32 PM
What kind of joke is this? All I've been listening too is moans and groans about being a "negative thinker" and how I'm not a good fan because I can see the glaring holes on this team that aren't going to wash in the NFL. And today, we played perhaps the best team every to don an NFL uniform and got trounced and suddenly there are tons of bandwagon jumpers. That's total stupidity to me. You guys look like fools.

SABURZFAN
09-23-2007, 07:35 PM
they've been looking foolish for the last couple of years.they know who they are.

HHURRICANE
09-23-2007, 07:43 PM
they've been looking foolish for the last couple of years.they know who they are.

Yeah, this season only took 3 weeks to turn every homer into a cynic. The realists stay realists so we look like optimists now.

Cntrygal
09-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Valid discussion or just taking veiled potshots?

Slim
09-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Thanks!

Typ0
09-23-2007, 08:39 PM
Valid discussion or just taking veiled potshots?

Valid discussion. I want to hear what's going on with the optomists.

Cntrygal
09-23-2007, 08:41 PM
Okay - just checking. ;)

shelby
09-23-2007, 08:42 PM
i'm worn out. i'll feel better in the morning.

Typ0
09-23-2007, 09:04 PM
i'm worn out. i'll feel better in the morning.

I strongly suggest people huddle up and get some energy. This is going to be a long season. What we need to see is progress. I never expected the team to win a lot of games but I do expect to see them get better as individuals and as a team. If they feel the way the optimists feel things are really going to get ugly fast and the activity of hitting the field every week is going to be excessively painfull and useless.

A good fan would understand the situation and adjust their expectations accordingly. Instead, what we have is a lot of self-proclaimed good fans who expected the superbowl and are now ready to disband the entire organization. This is not productive.

SABURZFAN
09-23-2007, 09:07 PM
This is going to be a long season.

it already is :ill:

Cntrygal
09-23-2007, 09:08 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with the 1st quarter. Others in the bar were impressed that we were leading. :sigh: Then the dream ended...... :sigh:

Typ0
09-23-2007, 09:16 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with the 1st quarter. Others in the bar were impressed that we were leading. :sigh: Then the dream ended...... :sigh:

I felt the same way. I think if the defense could get a good nights sleep between every quarter we might just have stayed in that game longer. Those guys just can't keep up with a team like the PATs being on the field the amount they were...and with Brady throwing balls to Moss like he was the only thing that is going to stop that is a huge pass rush because there were some perfect throws there.

PECKERWOOD
09-23-2007, 09:27 PM
Shut up and let us enjoy it while we can. There is no point in *****ing and moaning over something you cannot control, what is the point in that? Just so people over the internet will consider you a realist? Have fun with it! W or L, I still love this team! GO BILLS!

Typ0
09-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Shut up and let us enjoy it while we can. There is no point in *****ing and moaning over something you cannot control, what is the point in that? Just so people over the internet will consider you a realist? Have fun with it! W or L, I still love this team! GO BILLS!

Enjoy what? An illusion? It's a setup for a huge letdown making the fall twice as hard. I guess if you are the type of person who enjoys living in a fantasy land and enjoys the stress of having your heart ripped out that is the approach you should take! Speaking as someone who has been here a long time now...this place can do without it. Too many flare-ups in bad times. Plus, like I said in the beginning...shutting up might be a good idea when you are griping about our performance against a great team like the PATs.

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
What kind of joke is this? All I've been listening too is moans and groans about being a "negative thinker" and how I'm not a good fan because I can see the glaring holes on this team that aren't going to wash in the NFL. And today, we played perhaps the best team every to don an NFL uniform and got trounced and suddenly there are tons of bandwagon jumpers. That's total stupidity to me. You guys look like fools.

im not bandwagon jumping im a HUGE bills fan i just know the difference between chicken **** and chicken salad and we are the former right now.

this coaching staff has somehow taken a promising looking qb for the second half of last season and made him look like a joke. this staff refuses to have any amount of imagination in playcalling. im calling it what it is a coaching staff that is clueless and that dont have a firm grip of its environment

all this being said healthy JP the rest of the schedule is alot easier we can still win 5-6 games even though i wish they didnt becuz i want a true impact DRAFT PICK this year for the new coaching staff

raphael120
09-24-2007, 10:13 AM
Enjoy what? An illusion? It's a setup for a huge letdown making the fall twice as hard. I guess if you are the type of person who enjoys living in a fantasy land and enjoys the stress of having your heart ripped out that is the approach you should take! Speaking as someone who has been here a long time now...this place can do without it. Too many flare-ups in bad times. Plus, like I said in the beginning...shutting up might be a good idea when you are griping about our performance against a great team like the PATs.

I knew we were going to stink in the game, what I didn't know was our coaches were just going to let our team roll over and die. Jauron sounds like he knew we had no chance, and called plays like it.

Typ0
09-24-2007, 10:14 AM
this coaching staff has somehow taken a promising looking qb for the second half of last season and made him look like a joke.

is that the case or are we seeing the difference between playing against bad or beat up teams or top quality opponents? From where I sit, JP has trouble making good decisions and defenses are chewing him up and spitting him out.

Night Train
09-24-2007, 10:15 AM
That's total stupidity to me.

Your specialty.

raphael120
09-24-2007, 10:16 AM
is that the case or are we seeing the difference between playing against bad or beat up teams or top quality opponents? From where I sit, JP has trouble making good decisions and defenses are chewing him up and spitting him out.

It's probably a lot of both, man.

PECKERWOOD
09-24-2007, 07:01 PM

If it's all an illusion then why do you waste so much precious time here? If what you say proves to be true then you are a complete dumb ass for sticking around. I don't buy your explanation cause if it were true then you wouldn't be here. LOGIC 101

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 07:10 PM
I'm hurt.

Typ0
09-25-2007, 05:57 PM
If it's all an illusion then why do you waste so much precious time here? If what you say proves to be true then you are a complete dumb ass for sticking around. I don't buy your explanation cause if it were true then you wouldn't be here. LOGIC 101

First of all, I did my share of work in building this place.

Second of all, just because I am smart enough to see there is no way this is a playoff team with the schedule we play doesn't mean I think the team is going to stink forever. I am not abandoning the team just because I don't think we have what it takes this year. I am not abandoning the team just because I question any QB we have until he actually proves something. I guess it's about perceptions and that "real fan" blind faith crap again.

churchinski
09-25-2007, 06:38 PM
they've been looking foolish for the last couple of years.they know who they are.they sure have been I get a kick out of going back and looking at what they were saying months ago

what ever happened to people that have the character to say ...hey I was one of those people and I stand corrected

SABURZFAN
09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
they sure have been I get a kick out of going back and looking at what they were saying months ago

what ever happened to people that have the character to say ...hey I was one of those people and I stand corrected

a couple have already.i won't name them but i have respect for them.

PECKERWOOD
09-25-2007, 07:27 PM
First of all, I did my share of work in building this place.

Second of all, just because I am smart enough to see there is no way this is a playoff team with the schedule we play doesn't mean I think the team is going to stink forever. I am not abandoning the team just because I don't think we have what it takes this year. I am not abandoning the team just because I question any QB we have until he actually proves something. I guess it's about perceptions and that "real fan" blind faith crap again.

I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about now. I could honestly careless about what you've done. I'm not talking about previous statements just this current one. It's all an illusion, another setup for the fall. If you truly know this to be true then why are you wasting your time? Plus, I never said I was a bigger fan than you or a "real" fan, self dubbed titles are both completely gay and ridiculous.

PECKERWOOD
09-25-2007, 07:41 PM
lol

I must have made sense, Sabz groaned me again! :snicker:

Typ0
09-25-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm not talking about the past, I'm talking about now. I could honestly careless about what you've done. I'm not talking about previous statements just this current one. It's all an illusion, another setup for the fall. If you truly know this to be true then why are you wasting your time? Plus, I never said I was a bigger fan than you or a "real" fan, self dubbed titles are both completely gay and ridiculous.

Funny that you are a perfect example of exactly what I'm talking about. You suffer from the Illusion. The illusion that the team was going to be able to skate by on a difficult schedule after losing it's best players on the premise of "youth". The illusion that we were going to make the playoffs this year just because. And the build up of that illusion exemplified by your being bitter and angry with it only being week three. It's very clear that you are bitter and angry. That is a very productive way to expend your energy!

PECKERWOOD
09-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Funny that you are a perfect example of exactly what I'm talking about. You suffer from the Illusion. The illusion that the team was going to be able to skate by on a difficult schedule after losing it's best players on the premise of "youth". The illusion that we were going to make the playoffs this year just because. And the build up of that illusion exemplified by your being bitter and angry with it only being week three. It's very clear that you are bitter and angry. That is a very productive way to expend your energy!

Totally wrong. Completely wrong.

I watch the Bills play for the sake of entertainment/family time. To me, there are things much larger than the game. By no means is watching the Bills play an illusion to me, it's very real through my eyes.

John Doe
09-25-2007, 08:18 PM
If someone would have told me in training camp that we would be missing the following players 3 games into the season, I probably would not have been as optimistic about the season:

Losman
Ellison
McGee
Poz
Wire
Denny
Everett
Webster
Simpson
Merz
Wallace
Hargrove
Whittle

I have to eat a lot of crow for thinking that the Bills would be better this year than last, but there were some logical reasons to believe so. No need to rehash them now, but they were logical to me, although illogical to others. The injury factor and the lack of production from our QB and/or poor questionable play calling were not foreseen by most here and have rendered those arguments moot.

Just because I now feel that this is not going to be a successful season as far as wins and losses is concerned does not mean that I have "jumped off the bandwagon." There are still games to be played and I will watch every last one of the them (thanks to SOP Cast).

Expectations have been lowered for sure. The losses will hurt but there will be some good games by the Bills too. I have not stopped believing that the team will have a chance to win games.

The "realists" are having their day, gloating over the dashed expectations of fans who believed that this year would bring improvement. I can understand the ire of those who were accused of not being "true fans" - an accusation that I personally never leveled but others did.

If anyone thinks that what has happened so far is going to dampen my enthusiasm for the Bills then think again. It's not going to happen.

I have been through a lot worse than this.

Typ0
09-25-2007, 08:24 PM
sorry, I read it wrong. I thought you were attacking me but you were attacking the idea of self dubbed titles. I've been working very hard lately and am tired. Noe excuses though fever my apologies.

Typ0
09-25-2007, 08:26 PM
If someone would have told me in training camp that we would be missing the following players 3 games into the season, I probably would not have been as optimistic about the season:

Losman
Ellison
McGee
Poz
Wire
Denny
Everett
Webster
Simpson
Merz
Wallace
Hargrove
Whittle

I have to eat a lot of crow for thinking that the Bills would be better this year than last, but there were some logical reasons to believe so. No need to rehash them now, but they were logical to me, although illogical to others. The injury factor and the lack of production from our QB and/or poor questionable play calling were not foreseen by most here and have rendered those arguments moot.

Just because I now feel that this is not going to be a successful season as far as wins and losses is concerned does not mean that I have "jumped off the bandwagon." There are still games to be played and I will watch every last one of the them (thanks to SOP Cast).

Expectations have been lowered for sure. The losses will hurt but there will be some good games by the Bills too. I have not stopped believing that the team will have a chance to win games.

The "realists" are having their day, gloating over the dashed expectations of fans who believed that this year would bring improvement. I can understand the ire of those who were accused of not being "true fans" - an accusation that I personally never leveled but others did.

If anyone thinks that what has happened so far is going to dampen my enthusiasm for the Bills then think again. It's not going to happen.

I have been through a lot worse than this.

Good post. I'd rather be eating nothing but crow myself. The last decade has been devastatingly frustrating.

PECKERWOOD
09-25-2007, 08:26 PM
sorry, I read it wrong. I thought you were attacking me but you were attacking the idea of self dubbed titles. I've been working very hard lately and am tired. Noe excuses though fever my apologies.

Don't worry about it man, I like the majority of your posts anyways, so it's all good.