PDA

View Full Version : If you were the Bills owner what would you do?

blackonyx89
09-23-2007, 10:04 PM
Here's what I'd do.....

1. Fire Marv and Dick. Class guys, but they have to go! They're whitebread and they
can't win you the big game.

2. Fire Fairchild ,heck fire the staff with the exception of Bobby April.

3. Say goodbye to Losman. Play Trent or get a decent veteran QB.

4. Get a partially domed stadium by the waterfront.

5. Get a black yeah, I said it,a quality black DE in here.

6. A wide receiver to compliment Evans.

7. Bring in a few larger and quicker linebackers in here.

8. HIRE A KICK BUTT COACH- Cowher anyone?

That's my list.

gr8slayer
09-23-2007, 10:06 PM
If I were Ralph I'd fire myself.

Mr. Pink
09-23-2007, 10:25 PM
I'd make a call to Marty, well, I woulda made that call from my luxury box during the 4th quarter. If Marty would accept to come to this organization to coach out the rest of the year, I woulda held a presser right after Dick had his to announce that Dick Jauron has been fired.

I'd give Marty the option of keeping whoever he wanted in the coaching staff and to fire anyone he wanted...including Bobby April. Yes, April is probably our best coach now, but you gotta let the Head guy get his guys in.

During the season, I'd speak with Marty on who he'd suggest as a GM. I wouldn't give Marty the GM duties though, I don't believe a coach pulling double duty is successful. Marty's been around and been under a few different GMs, he should know a thing or know a person or two who would do a quality job.

Onto the players on the field...I'd tell Marv to go out and sign a QB with some skill and veteran leadership. The Losman era would be over, we'd sink or swim with Edwards as long as he stayed healthy. If Edwards showed progression and ability as a QB, he'd be back as the starter next year. If not, I'm drafting a QB in Rd1. Also, sign a LB or two...Bring in both Arrington and Wilson. If either passes a physical, sign them immediately. If not, I'd scour team's PS for linebackers that showed promise in college and go with youth.

I'd also scour the waiver wire for WRs...any WRs...there's gotta be someone out there better than Peerless Price. Speaking of Price when that WR is found, his ass is toast.

Kerr
09-23-2007, 10:32 PM
I'd make a call to Marty, well, I woulda made that call from my luxury box during the 4th quarter. If Marty would accept to come to this organization to coach out the rest of the year, I woulda held a presser right after Dick had his to announce that Dick Jauron has been fired.

I'd give Marty the option of keeping whoever he wanted in the coaching staff and to fire anyone he wanted...including Bobby April. Yes, April is probably our best coach now, but you gotta let the Head guy get his guys in.

During the season, I'd speak with Marty on who he'd suggest as a GM. I wouldn't give Marty the GM duties though, I don't believe a coach pulling double duty is successful. Marty's been around and been under a few different GMs, he should know a thing or know a person or two who would do a quality job.

Onto the players on the field...I'd tell Marv to go out and sign a QB with some skill and veteran leadership. The Losman era would be over, we'd sink or swim with Edwards as long as he stayed healthy. If Edwards showed progression and ability as a QB, he'd be back as the starter next year. If not, I'm drafting a QB in Rd1. Also, sign a LB or two...Bring in both Arrington and Wilson. If either passes a physical, sign them immediately. If not, I'd scour team's PS for linebackers that showed promise in college and go with youth.

I'd also scour the waiver wire for WRs...any WRs...there's gotta be someone out there better than Peerless Price. Speaking of Price when that WR is found, his ass is toast.

:pray:

unpaid_bills
09-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Nice list - only problem its the Bills when is the last time we had any of those?

clumping platelets
09-23-2007, 11:29 PM
Punt!!

bflojohn
09-23-2007, 11:41 PM
Ralph Wilson is 88 years old, and I personally think that short of 1-15 or so, he is going off into the sunset with these two as his GM and Coach! Think about it... he hires his friend and most successful coach to ressurrect a flagging franchise, and I don't see firing "his people" as something Ralph would do at this stage. As Bills fans, get used to it, because come March, April, and July of 2008, the rebuilding will likely be officially over and Ralph will then expect the team to turn it around with a playoff season.

Ebenezer
09-24-2007, 01:07 AM
RW has been/is and always been thr problem.

Forward_Lateral
09-24-2007, 06:40 AM
I'd sell the team to someone who actually gives a damn. This organization is pathetic. What does Ralph care though, every god damn home game is already sold out. Why buy the cow...

Confused
09-24-2007, 06:47 AM
only thing wilson worries about is getting to the bathroom on time. he needs to sell the team or DIE.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-24-2007, 06:55 AM
every god damn home game is already sold out.

Oh, that's just great news. (end sarcasm) And that somehow is not the fault of thefans that continue to support crud?

You remind me of George W. Bush supporters... look how well that's worked out for the country.

Buffatexas
09-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Here's what I'd do.....

1. Fire Marv and Dick. Class guys, but they have to go! They're whitebread and they
can't win you the big game.

2. Fire Fairchild ,heck fire the staff with the exception of Bobby April.

3. Say goodbye to Losman. Play Trent or get a decent veteran QB.

4. Get a partially domed stadium by the waterfront.

5. Get a black yeah, I said it,a quality black DE in here.

6. A wide receiver to compliment Evans.

7. Bring in a few larger and quicker linebackers in here.

8. HIRE A KICK BUTT COACH- Cowher anyone?

That's my list.

I dont think you fire Marv. The general consensus here is that Marv is really not the GM, Modrak is. Fire Modrak, let Marv take the reigns and let his job match his title.

Fire Jauron and appoint April interim HC until a suitable replacement can be found. Unfortunately, no one here would agree what would make a suitable HC as most would call Schottenheimer a retread who like Dick, cant get it done in the playoffs, and if we were to get Weis, well another HC with no experience. I say if April get this ship righted, then let him have the job. If not, well, its anyones guess. Dick LeBeau anyone????

Tell Fairchild to open the playbook and let us judge the talent accordingly, if they fail, then re-assess whether or not you want to build the system around the players or the players around the system.

Get rid of this Tampa-2 and go back to the 3-4 and get the appropriate players for that system.

YardRat
09-24-2007, 07:20 AM
I'd open up the vault, including minority ownership, at Bill Polian and try to get him back in Buffalo. Give him complete control over the team.

don137
09-24-2007, 07:21 AM
Doesn't matter. We all know the problem. The problem starts with RW and his penny pinching ways with willing only to pay for a second rate coaching staff and cash to cap. I am not saying I don't appreciate RW. He could of high tailed this team out of Buffalo years ago however he almost seems like a bad fantasy football owner then a NFL football owner.

The King
09-24-2007, 07:23 AM
I like the idea of bringing Schot in... That being said, I think our last two years drafts have been very promising and Levy should stay.

tampabay25690
09-24-2007, 07:25 AM

You fire RALPH the you wont see the Bills in BUFFALO so yea go ahead!!!!!!!!!!!

Bufftp
09-24-2007, 08:00 AM
Sell the team!

To a local Buffalo group-Structure it over time to reduce tax liabilities!!

That is what I would do if I was Ralph.

eyedog
09-24-2007, 08:08 AM
We were talking about Marty S. yesterday by the second quarter. He should be contacted today if Ralph has any marbles left.

HHURRICANE
09-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Samurai Sword. It's the honorable thing to do.

HHURRICANE
09-24-2007, 08:12 AM
I like the idea of bringing Schot in... That being said, I think our last two years drafts have been very promising and Levy should stay.

I agree. You can't blame Levy or Jauron for the talent issues. However, letting Spikes, Fletcher, and Clements walk and not signing Darwin Walker looks incrdeibly stupid right now.

Fielding a team full of rookies is going to get you this result. Poz getting hurt didn't shock me one bit. And the way Lynch is running, he's probably next.

Michael82
09-24-2007, 08:13 AM
Sell the team!

To a local Buffalo growup-Structure it ovr time to reduce tax liabilities!!

That is what I would do if I was Ralph.
Excellent post! :bf1: