PDA

View Full Version : Edwards played no worse than Losman today

The Answer
09-23-2007, 10:06 PM
First of all this isn't a knock on Losman - it's very unfortunate what happened to him at the hands of the scumbag patriots. And The Answer wonders if this was intentional - don't forget that Losman made some remarks about the Pats cheating earlier this week that added bulletin board material. Just dumb.

Now moving on to The Young Gun - kid came out guns blazing during his nfl debut marching right down the field for TD againt the best team in the NFL. But then the coaching staff reared their ugly head and tried to play a 'ball control' game and payed dearly in the 2nd half. So with the that said The Answer is convinced that the offenses struggles can't be blamed entirely on Losman.

In the end Edwards stat line didn't look good - but it was no worse than what Losman, who is a 4 year pro, has done. Also let's keep in mind that Edwards wasn't expected to play this week and didn't get much practice time. It will definitely be interesting to see what he does against the jets after a full week of practice with the 1st team offense.

In what has been the most ominous start to a Bills season in quite some time, there's either very dark days ahead, or a glimmer of hope - Let's hope The Young Gun comes through.

~The Answer

blackonyx89
09-23-2007, 10:09 PM
I have no problem with Trent. He is a rookie and he got "IT" faster than JP. I hope he puts up decent numbers in the next couple games so he can take JP"s job away form him.

THATHURMANATOR
09-23-2007, 10:30 PM
I have no problem with Trent. He is a rookie and he got "IT" faster than JP. I hope ehe puts up decent numbers in the next couple games so he can take JP"s job away form him.
What "IT" did he get? He looked terrible IMO. Hopefully with a week of preperation he will be better this week.

Kerr
09-23-2007, 10:30 PM
An injury is the last thing Jp wanted because he knew that's all it would take for him to lose his job to his backup. After today, i'm just not sure fairchild will give any qb in this offense a chance to succeed with his crappy playcalling.

TacklingDummy
09-23-2007, 10:51 PM
Kelly Holcomb has outplayed any Buffalo Bills QB this year.

Ultra Chimp 1
09-23-2007, 11:02 PM
What "IT" did he get? He looked terrible IMO. Hopefully with a week of preperation he will be better this week.

TE looked exactly like Losman. That's more of a knock against the veteran QB of this team than the rookie.

Elminster
09-23-2007, 11:09 PM
Actually, by my eye, he played worse than Losman has the past two weeks. He only completed 50% of his passes for 97 yards and a pathetic 4.9 yards/attempt. It just illustrates further that the real problem is in the booth and on the sidelines....

Ingtar33
09-23-2007, 11:09 PM
TE will get picked constantly if he keeps locking onto one guy and not looking off the DBs.

Ebenezer
09-24-2007, 01:02 AM
TE will get picked constantly if he keeps locking onto one guy and not looking off the DBs.
he has better footwork but is no where near ready. After that first drive you could see NE take away the roll and just start watching him. He could have been picked 2 or 3 times in the first half alone.

YardRat
09-24-2007, 06:05 AM
TE struggled after the first drive, but the expectation level is lower for a rookie in Week 3 than a vet starting his third consecutive year.

He made some very poor throws, but overall he looked more comfortable in the pocket than JP has.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-24-2007, 06:30 AM
At least Trent Edwards has put together a touchdown drive. What happened after that, I don't know, but Losman has yet to show he can do that this year.

For a rookie thrown into his first game against the most crooked franchise in the NFL, I'd say that's a decent start.

SquishDaFish
09-24-2007, 06:36 AM
Enough with the hate opn particular players. This coaching staff sucks and thanx to them you or I will never know which players are good and bad. They would ruin hall of famers

Wraith
09-24-2007, 06:36 AM
At least Trent Edwards has put together a touchdown drive. What happened after that, I don't know, but Losman has yet to show he can do that this year.

For a rookie thrown into his first game against the most crooked franchise in the NFL, I'd say that's a decent start.

Erm, on the TD drive against NE, Edwards did exactly what Losman did on the only other offensive touchdown we've had this season:

Complete a few passes and ultimately watch Lynch put in extraordinary effort to score on a third and long.

Edwards is getting credit for that and Losman isn't?

Confused
09-24-2007, 06:56 AM
With this coaching staff, Manning couldnt succeed. We are doomed. this season is over. plain and simple.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-24-2007, 06:57 AM
Erm, on the TD drive against NE, Edwards did exactly what Losman did on the only other offensive touchdown we've had this season:

Complete a few passes and ultimately watch Lynch put in extraordinary effort to score on a third and long.

Edwards is getting credit for that and Losman isn't?

Look back at the GDT. He managed the game, LOOKED OFF, did all the things we criticize Losman for NOT DOING.

Then I guess the coaches got into him.

Wraith
09-24-2007, 06:59 AM
Look back at the GDT. He managed the game, LOOKED OFF, did all the things we criticize Losman for NOT DOING.

Then I guess the coaches got into him.

What's your point? I'm questioning why you credit the TD drive to Edwards and say that's something Losman hasn't done all year. It's not true.

YardRat
09-24-2007, 07:03 AM
Enough with the hate opn particular players. This coaching staff sucks and thanx to them you or I will never know which players are good and bad. They would ruin hall of famers

It certainly is going to be more difficult to judge the staff because now they are going to be expected to dumb down the offense (if that's possible) because of the rookie at QB.

The only chance they have of being vindicated is if TE and the offense start consistently producing at a higher level.

Buckets
09-24-2007, 07:47 AM
but it was no worse than what Losman
~The Answer

Thats positive!

Gunzlingr
09-24-2007, 07:49 AM
Looks like Trent "The Young Dud" Edwards isn't the savior after all. Just another nail in this season's coffin.

don137
09-24-2007, 07:55 AM
Kelly Holcomb has outplayed any Buffalo Bills QB this year.
Yea, with his 5 sacks yesterday and 165 yards yesterday he made a strong case for Canton.

Gunzlingr
09-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Yea, with his 5 sacks yesterday and 165 yards yesterday he made a strong case for Canton.

The Answer is already jerking off to the highlight reel.

HHURRICANE
09-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Guys, let's give it all a rest. Trent Edwards had to come in and play against the best team in the league without any prep. You didn't expect him to come in and win the game, did you?

I think he demontrated that he is a rookie with alot of talent. I hate the way JP left the game. If Trent lights it up against the Jets, than JP is most likely done unless Trent falls on his face later on down the road.

Either way our OC coordinator is an idiot and Jauron isn't far behind. These guys are great at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. They play to lose.

acehole
09-24-2007, 08:17 AM
I disagree that losemen comments were dumb. The Pats and the world need to be reminded who they are. THEY ARE CHEATERS!.. All the FA flocked there because they thought the head coach was a master mind. Little did they know they were cheating. Now the team is stock piled with talent....opposing head coaches lost thier jobs....and now we all need to move on? Call them out until ever PAt and caoch is off that team. Put an asterick on every Ring they stole....and then we can move on. JP needs weapons Plain and simple...any qb need more then one #1 reciever. Tom Brady has like 6 different options when he drops back....how many do we have? One Lee Evans. We need to start 3 wide and one tight...and start throwing the underneath stuff behind the linbackers and then run the ball. Take evans deep on occasion. Why does a printer from CT know this and an NFL O coordinater not! We had 99 yards to go Sunday and he calls a QB sneak? IF the uninformed want to put all that on our QB then go ahead. Lossman has not played that great and has not done his part to win games...but who has put him in a good situation to do that? It was a scubbag hit plain and simple...and I will not forget the running up the score either...payback is a *****.....but that will have to wait. Forget the Edwards/Lossman debate it is a red herring....it is like arguing about what color to paint the titanic as it is sinking........ Answer you remind me of a guy named Bob Smith who use to write stuff on the News groups. Most of what you say is to antaginze and you dont know much about football. You have great grammer and spelling and the nonsense you spew is well written. " Dark days ahead or a glimmer of hope..."? Way to go out on a limb.

First of all this isn't a knock on Losman - it's very unfortunate what happened to him at the hands of the scumbag patriots. And The Answer wonders if this was intentional - don't forget that Losman made some remarks about the Pats cheating earlier this week that added bulletin board material. Just dumb.

Now moving on to The Young Gun - kid came out guns blazing during his nfl debut marching right down the field for TD againt the best team in the NFL. But then the coaching staff reared their ugly head and tried to play a 'ball control' game and payed dearly in the 2nd half. So with the that said The Answer is convinced that the offenses struggles can't be blamed entirely on Losman.

In the end Edwards stat line didn't look good - but it was no worse than what Losman, who is a 4 year pro, has done. Also let's keep in mind that Edwards wasn't expected to play this week and didn't get much practice time. It will definitely be interesting to see what he does against the jets after a full week of practice with the 1st team offense.

In what has been the most ominous start to a Bills season in quite some time, there's either very dark days ahead, or a glimmer of hope - Let's hope The Young Gun comes through.

~The Answer

Easy E-Lass
09-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Looks like Trent "The Young Dud" Edwards isn't the savior after all. Just another nail in this season's coffin.
What a rash decision. How many players have to come in a game against the best team in the NFL for their first game? Wait until he plays some normal competition pal. He sure looked a lot more confident than "J"auron's "P"enis Losman out there.

RockStar36
09-24-2007, 08:46 AM

~The Answer

Excuses....EXCUSES!!!!!

PcA125
09-24-2007, 09:02 AM

Are you kidding? werent you all saying that we shouldnt judge losman after only 2 games. Come on, this kid didnt even have a shot in hell of coming in and winning that game. Give him a shot against the Jets

njsue
09-24-2007, 09:03 AM
:puke: Playcalling

Inetpub
09-24-2007, 11:25 AM
lol. Im just glad the losman years are now officially behind us. Its now Trent Edwards time to shine!

For all you who thought trent didnt play well, he didnt. But what did you expect from a guy out of college vs #1 ranked team in the NFL??? A win? lol. I love how people can be so blind.

Did TE do well? nope. For a guy who had no practice with the first team and was thrown in a crappy situation, you cant really expect him to win. Are his stats great? Just exactly what did you expect??

He did what any rookie QB did with his situation. He came in there, and ran with what he had and if you were a fan of the Buffalo Bills, you would all be cheering for him as he is our future QB.

I can honestly say this. After 1 game, there is no one calling for Trent's ass to go sit back on the bench. After 1 quarter, everyone is still saying JP sucks.

Michael82
09-24-2007, 01:13 PM
Excuses....EXCUSES!!!!!
you forgot the :deadhorse: though.

JD
09-24-2007, 01:34 PM
He looked terrible IMO.
Thurm he was against the best team this league has seen in years. He is a god damn rookie that was throwin into a game unexpectedly. Obviously JP was given the snaps all week long while Edwards was held to bare minimum. We'll see how Edwards does after practicing as a starter all week long. Then you can start talking.

TacklingDummy
09-24-2007, 01:44 PM
It's the JP "Rob Johnson" Losman vs. Trent "Todd Collins" Edwards debate.

Gunzlingr
09-24-2007, 02:21 PM
Are you kidding? werent you all saying that we shouldnt judge losman after only 2 games. Come on, this kid didnt even have a shot in hell of coming in and winning that game. Give him a shot against the Jets

Gunzlingr never said anything like that. Gunzlingr says the Young Dud isn't the instant solution some people say he is.

Michael82
09-24-2007, 02:29 PM
Gunzlingr never said anything like that. Gunzlingr says the Young Dud isn't the instant solution some people say he is.
Exactly! :hi5:

BillsFever21
09-25-2007, 01:59 AM
Don't all of you go out and make excuses for Edwards. Your comments were that Edwards needs to replace JP so we can have a chance to win and that JP was at fault for this thing you call a football team the Buffalo Bills is throwing out on the field.

And that Edwards goes out and stinks the joint up and you are trying to make it out to being a good game. Because of ONE drive when New England was thrown off from it? After that one magical drive you can dream about he threw for 42 yards at a 35% completion rate.

That was worse then any JP game. At least JP went out and completed 60%+ of his passes.
Is Edwards going to suck? Too early to tell. He sure did in college though. He may not even make it till JP gets back without being injured. He couldn't even stay healthy against college players.

You guys claimed that he is a better solution at the moment and we easily suffered our worst loss of the year. This proved once again that the QB play isn't the reason why we suck. Even Peyton Manning wouldn't be able to put up 35+ points a game with the talent on this offense to win us a game. That is what it would take the way our defense is.

This is the worse coaching staff in the league. There is a reason why the Lions didn't even want Jauron. Even if Edwards did have a glimmer of hope in his career he will be ruined at an early age with this coaching staff.

SABURZFAN
09-25-2007, 02:16 AM
The Answer is already jerking off to the highlight reel.

it's no worse than the Lickers after the bye week last season.

SABURZFAN
09-25-2007, 02:18 AM
Don't all of you go out and make excuses for Edwards. Your comments were that Edwards needs to replace JP so we can have a chance to win and that JP was at fault for this thing you call a football team the Buffalo Bills is throwing out on the field.

you are the Bills fan version of feelthepain. :rolleyes: