• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Answer
    The Plagiarist
    • Mar 2007

Edwards played no worse than Losman today

First of all this isn't a knock on Losman - it's very unfortunate what happened to him at the hands of the scumbag patriots. And The Answer wonders if this was intentional - don't forget that Losman made some remarks about the Pats cheating earlier this week that added bulletin board material. Just dumb.

Now moving on to The Young Gun - kid came out guns blazing during his nfl debut marching right down the field for TD againt the best team in the NFL. But then the coaching staff reared their ugly head and tried to play a 'ball control' game and payed dearly in the 2nd half. So with the that said The Answer is convinced that the offenses struggles can't be blamed entirely on Losman.

In the end Edwards stat line didn't look good - but it was no worse than what Losman, who is a 4 year pro, has done. Also let's keep in mind that Edwards wasn't expected to play this week and didn't get much practice time. It will definitely be interesting to see what he does against the jets after a full week of practice with the 1st team offense.

In what has been the most ominous start to a Bills season in quite some time, there's either very dark days ahead, or a glimmer of hope - Let's hope The Young Gun comes through.

~The Answer
  • blackonyx89
    HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
    • Mar 2005

Re: Edwards played no worse than Losman today

I have no problem with Trent. He is a rookie and he got "IT" faster than JP. I hope he puts up decent numbers in the next couple games so he can take JP"s job away form him.
    Last edited by blackonyx89; 09-24-2007, 03:19 AM.
    Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by blackonyx89
      I have no problem with Trent. He is a rookie and he got "IT" faster than JP. I hope ehe puts up decent numbers in the next couple games so he can take JP"s job away form him.
      What "IT" did he get? He looked terrible IMO. Hopefully with a week of preperation he will be better this week.

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

An injury is the last thing Jp wanted because he knew that's all it would take for him to lose his job to his backup. After today, i'm just not sure fairchild will give any qb in this offense a chance to succeed with his crappy playcalling.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
          Unreachable Douche
          • Jul 2002

Kelly Holcomb has outplayed any Buffalo Bills QB this year.

Comment

• Ultra Chimp 1
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Sep 2005

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
            What "IT" did he get? He looked terrible IMO. Hopefully with a week of preperation he will be better this week.
            TE looked exactly like Losman. That's more of a knock against the veteran QB of this team than the rookie.

Comment

• Elminster
              #1 Kelsay Fan
              • Oct 2006

Actually, by my eye, he played worse than Losman has the past two weeks. He only completed 50% of his passes for 97 yards and a pathetic 4.9 yards/attempt. It just illustrates further that the real problem is in the booth and on the sidelines....
              Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                Dances With Buffaloes
                • Sep 2002

TE will get picked constantly if he keeps locking onto one guy and not looking off the DBs.
                My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ingtar33
                  TE will get picked constantly if he keeps locking onto one guy and not looking off the DBs.
                  he has better footwork but is no where near ready. After that first drive you could see NE take away the roll and just start watching him. He could have been picked 2 or 3 times in the first half alone.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

TE struggled after the first drive, but the expectation level is lower for a rookie in Week 3 than a vet starting his third consecutive year.

He made some very poor throws, but overall he looked more comfortable in the pocket than JP has.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                      Will not tolerate vandalism.
                      • Apr 2006

At least Trent Edwards has put together a touchdown drive. What happened after that, I don't know, but Losman has yet to show he can do that this year.

For a rookie thrown into his first game against the most crooked franchise in the NFL, I'd say that's a decent start.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                        Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                        • Jun 2005

Enough with the hate opn particular players. This coaching staff sucks and thanx to them you or I will never know which players are good and bad. They would ruin hall of famers

Comment

• Wraith
                          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                          At least Trent Edwards has put together a touchdown drive. What happened after that, I don't know, but Losman has yet to show he can do that this year.

For a rookie thrown into his first game against the most crooked franchise in the NFL, I'd say that's a decent start.
                          Erm, on the TD drive against NE, Edwards did exactly what Losman did on the only other offensive touchdown we've had this season:

Complete a few passes and ultimately watch Lynch put in extraordinary effort to score on a third and long.

Edwards is getting credit for that and Losman isn't?

Comment

• Confused
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jun 2007

With this coaching staff, Manning couldnt succeed. We are doomed. this season is over. plain and simple.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                              Will not tolerate vandalism.
                              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Wraith
                              Erm, on the TD drive against NE, Edwards did exactly what Losman did on the only other offensive touchdown we've had this season:

Complete a few passes and ultimately watch Lynch put in extraordinary effort to score on a third and long.

Edwards is getting credit for that and Losman isn't?
                              Look back at the GDT. He managed the game, LOOKED OFF, did all the things we criticize Losman for NOT DOING.

Then I guess the coaches got into him.

Comment

Working...
                              X