PDA

View Full Version : Where Will 2007 Ranks in the All-Time Worst Disaster Seasons in Bills History?

Meathead
09-23-2007, 11:01 PM
granted its very early in this season so we will be simply speculating

but based on what weve seen so far with the gut wrenching opening loss, two total ass whuppins, and bills starters going down like lindsey lohan on the cop that could bust her for her twelfth dwi, where will this likely stack up ass all-time disaster seasons for the bills

i personally cant remember any season that saw so many guys go down with serious injuries. its like the baddest of bad dreams and appears to have completely doomed their ability to compete for anything but a small handful of wins no matter what

barring some miracle turnaround with guys coming out of the depth chart dungeons to shock the world, i myself would rank it right up there with some of the all-time worst (iow best) disaster seasons in the history of the franchise

what do you think

Ebenezer
09-24-2007, 01:00 AM
this team actually plays harder than the '71, '77 and '84 disasters...those teams were not wrecked with injuries...

shelby
09-24-2007, 04:26 AM
i can't help but watch the train wreck, week after week.

:gobills:

Historian
09-24-2007, 04:50 AM
1968 was the worst of all time for injuries, along with 1976.

1971 and 2001 were just flat out bad.

Tough to say. I'll need a few more losses to be able to tell.

YardRat
09-24-2007, 05:32 AM
Too early to tell. I still believe the team has too much talent to sink to the depths of '71 or '84, but further injuries could change that.

don137
09-24-2007, 05:55 AM
Since I was born in 1968 I can't speak of of late 60's/ early 70's even though from the sounds of it 1968 was a tough one but the Hank Bullough/Kay Stephenson era in early 80's was tough so was 2001.

Meathead
09-24-2007, 07:45 AM
yeah i figgered we'd have some problems with the word disaster. tough to pin down cuz theres so many ways we can look at it

certainly there are other bills teams that were just plain worse. some of those mid eighties teams were so bad it was astonishing. it was like watching a d grade movie, they were so pathetic they almost became good entertainment. can they beat the record for picks thrown in a game? fumbles? can we actually end up the game with negative yards on offense?

but thats a different kind of disaster than this year

to me its a disaster cuz we were so enthusiastic going into the season. here we were in the second year of The Marv era, second into the new schemes and coaches, lots of young talent that showed excellent progress in coming together late last year, three outstanding rookies possibly more, last years rookies playing really well, jp maturing rapidly, blah blah blah

then the games start and its been one catastrophy after another. everett crippled, starting players dropping like senator craigs pants in airport bafrooms, the offense stinking far more than they have a right to

it feels like we are being punished. we are just sitting around waiting to see who is going to get the next broken bone. who is your favorite player still able to line up and play - well you better have him come onto the field stapped in a bunch of pillows cuz its pretty certain hes fracturing something next game

its just unreal

Earthquake Enyart
09-24-2007, 08:14 AM
This season is a lot like 68.

But we got the #1 draft pick and took OJ.

TigerJ
09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
Dick Jauron has said he's never seen a season where a team has had more injuries in less thime than the Bills in '07 Project it out to the whole season and we're talking about 35 guys going on IR over 16 games. That's not even counting short term injuries.

don137
09-24-2007, 09:48 AM
Dick Jauron has said he's never seen a season where a team has had more injuries in less thime than the Bills in '07 Project it out to the whole season and we're talking about 35 guys going on IR over 16 games. That's not even counting short term injuries.
Not disagreeing that injuries hurt this team however the coaching and play has been putrid. Their hasn't been any significant injuries on offense until Losman and judging by the way he played you can't blame that injury as to why the offense is by far the worst in the league. They have a very expensive OL, a top WR who has about 30 yards total in three games and a workhorse at RB. No excuses for injuries on why the offense sucks.

Meathead
09-24-2007, 10:15 AM
true that

the offense is just crapping the bed every time out. pretty amazing and unexpected considering the upgraded ol and the supposed familiarity with the scheme and each other. it just doesnt make sense

Bufftp
09-24-2007, 10:16 AM
This season is a lot like 68.

But we got the #1 draft pick and took OJ.
That was a killer pick!