PDA

View Full Version : Forked Thread: The Buffalo Bills are on the clock...Who should the next coach be??

Ebenezer
09-24-2007, 01:06 AM
Forked from: The Buffalo Bills are on the clock... (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?postid=2126507)

we need a real coaching staff not the discount walmart staffs we keep hiring

like ive been saying for weeks some head coaches in this league make more then our entire coaching staff

OK, time to put up or shut up. I always ask this when people just start clamoring for a new QB or coach or whatever....

put your fingers where your mouth is....you're the owner...you fire ML and/or DJ....you do you hire.

Give names or stop yelling about coaching/GM changes.

Devin
09-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Ive said it once ill say it again.

When this seasons over i give Bill Cowher whatever he wants to come lead this team.

Ebenezer
09-24-2007, 01:18 AM
I'd take Cowher.

clumping platelets
09-24-2007, 01:39 AM
I would bring in Cowher as coach but NOT GM

Ebenezer
09-24-2007, 01:48 AM
I would bring in Cowher as coach but NOT GM
I didn't mean to infer that....

But, you know that is what he is going to be looking for.

clumping platelets
09-24-2007, 02:23 AM
Then he doesn't get the job

Carlton Bailey
09-24-2007, 05:08 AM
Mike Singletary

don137
09-24-2007, 05:58 AM
Jason Garrett of the Cowboys or Marty ball

Jeff1220
09-24-2007, 06:47 AM
Norm Chow. He's been successful at USC and has proven in Tenn. that he works with the talent he has in ways that will make them successful...he doesn't try to fit the square peg into a round hole.

Confused
09-24-2007, 06:52 AM
Mike Moran. LeRoy Football headcoach.

YardRat
09-24-2007, 07:24 AM
Rehire Bill Polian, and I'll be happy with whoever he picks as HC.

tampabay25690
09-24-2007, 07:26 AM
I'd take Cowher.

COWHER would turn this around

Historian
09-24-2007, 07:30 AM
Offer Parcells whatever he wants to leave the studio.

Give Marv some nice little plaque on his door, and keep him as some sort of figurehead.

Luisito23
09-24-2007, 07:35 AM
Offer Parcells whatever he wants to leave the studio.

If Drew was still here it would've been more of a posibility, but not much......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

jpdex12
09-24-2007, 07:39 AM
If Drew was still here it would've been more of a posibility, but not much......

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

We do need to sign another QB with the Losman injury...

DraftBoy
09-24-2007, 07:58 AM
Somebody new; Chow, Singletary, Sarkisian, Ferentz

Id also look at maybe James Lofton as an OC, and an aggressive blitzing DC like Charlie Strong from University of Florida.

Philagape
09-24-2007, 08:03 AM
Blank check to Cowher. Time for Ralph to prove he's not cheap.

Patti120
09-24-2007, 10:36 AM
Definitely Cowher, but I think it's a pipe dream!

gr8slayer
09-24-2007, 10:38 AM
Parcells, he along with Jerry Jones' wallet turned Dallas into a serious contender and it shows. Don't be surprised if ring number six makes it's way to Dallas this year, thanks in large part to Parcells.

Philagape
09-24-2007, 10:41 AM
If Parcells were younger, I'd want him, but with his heart history this team would give him the big one.

Cowher is 50, he has a long career left if he wants one

Gunzlingr
09-24-2007, 10:51 AM
I would take Spitball over Tuna anyday.

Elminster
09-24-2007, 10:52 AM
I'd be willing to throw a big wad of money at Russ Grimm or Mike Singletary. They have each been successful motivators and molders of talent, and being positional coaches means they have experience molding their players to coax out their best talents. It seems to have worked fairly well for the Lions: that team plays hard, and I think the fact they have a hard-nosed, no-nonsense guy(Marinelli) calling the shots is the difference. Naturally, you have to be willing to spend some cash on coordinators. Lofton sounds like he could be a good option, as he has experience working in a few schemes(the Raiders haven't looked bad offensively, especially cosnidering where they were last year, and where we are now.) It's ok to bring in new guys. We hire a defensive coordinator who will run an attacking scheme, preferably some one with experience, but that can be tough because top-tier DCs just aren't lying around unemployed. The Tampa 2 is an attacking scheme(I don't see the Bears or Bucs or even the Colts doing bend-but-don't break), but as long as we don't try and overhaul the defense AGAIN(we could certainly make some changes) and get aggressive, it ought to work out. You run an aggressive offense predicated on mid-range passes and putting the ball in the capable hands of Marshawn Lynch, with some short-outs, bombs, and screens thrown in at random to keep 'em guessing. Keep Bobby April, but give him a smaller resource of ST roster spots.

Then hopefully this team will have some balls. To win, you have to believe you can win, and you have to play to win, and I can't see that DJ has shown he can do either. I really don't care whose on the roster, as long as the TEAM does well and its players aren't an embarassment off the field...

EDS
09-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Cowher, please!

Mr. Pink
09-24-2007, 12:00 PM
Marty!

njsue
09-24-2007, 12:02 PM
I didn't mean to infer that....

But, you know that is what he is going to be looking for.

Control.

I say give him what he wants.

Jaybird
09-24-2007, 12:10 PM
singletary aint a bad call. we have no chance at cower or parcells. Garett is being set up as the next coyboys coach, so hell stay on that staff.

Elminster
09-24-2007, 12:25 PM
singletary aint a bad call. we have no chance at cower or parcells. Garett is being set up as the next coyboys coach, so hell stay on that staff. I don't think it's an object of money for them. I think Parcells is done with coaching. He does have heart issues and I don't blame him from getting the hell out of one of the most stressful jobs imaginable, and do we really want Parcells players cropping up here? They're getting a little on the old side. Cowher quit the Steelers to be closer to his family....and he lives...in the Carolinas, IIRC. Sooo....why exactly would he take a job even farther from his family than the Pitt one? I'd be surprised if he stays out of coaching permanately, but he's going to stay closer to home or spend time with the family until the kids are grown up...

historypete
09-24-2007, 12:36 PM
As for a GM I would like Ron Wolfe.

Some other GM Candidates: Floyd Reese, Scott Pioli, Maybe AJ Smith, if SD fires him and we get him to promise not to hire Norv Turner

As for coaches I think I can give a few more:

Cowher,

Marty (although he can't win in the playoffs, at least getting there would be a coup)

I like Jason Garrett, but he is real young

John Fox or John Gruden if either is fired is a good possibility

Whoever Cincinatti's Offensive Coordinator is? Definately not the defensive guy, we have enough problems already.

Russ Grimm wouldn't be bad either.

The Mad Scientist Mike Martz

From the College ranks: (tricky because not many of those coaches succeed)

Bob Stoops

Jeff Tedford

The big thing is I want someone with a creative offensive background, who will take over playcalling from the beginning, not take it over to make his Offensive Coordinator a scapegoat (hello Mike Mularkey). But all of this is moot because Ralph won't pay big bucks for a real coach and staff.

Ingtar33
09-24-2007, 12:54 PM
Parcells, Cowher, Marty... i'd open the bank for any of them

give them 100% of what they wanted.

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 01:11 PM
Parcells, Cowher, Marty... i'd open the bank for any of them

give them 100% of what they wanted.
:bf1: No more assistant coach experiments, we need an established, experienced NFL coach in here for once in a long time to create some stability.

Jeff1220
09-24-2007, 01:18 PM
I don't see Cowher or Parcells as realistic options. Marty is a guy that would certainly be a good fit in Buffalo - roots w/the team & pound the ball offense. I'd love to see him finally get a monkey off his back by getting one off of Buffalo's at the same time.

Elminster
09-24-2007, 01:23 PM
I would like Marty. It would be one thing if we were a near-playoff team, but right now I think we're a lot more concerned with actually getting there. Attacking defense, ball-control O that opens it up every once and a while. Just get him a good OC and we would probably be pretty good....

I just wouldn't keep him long-term. He turns into DJ in the play-offs...

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 01:25 PM
He turns into DJ in the play-offs...The POs sound REALLY good right now, he can be anyone he wants.

Michael82
09-24-2007, 01:41 PM
I'd rob the bank for Bill Cowher and I can't stand him. :ill:

Michael82
09-24-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh and I would also take Marty ball. At least that gets to the playoffs! :up:

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 01:43 PM
I'd rob the bank for Bill Cowher and I can't stand him. :ill:
Ralphie boy has his loot stashed waaay deep down in his Depends, there's no way he'd ante up.

EDS
09-24-2007, 04:10 PM
:bf1: No more assistant coach experiments, we need an established, experienced NFL coach in here for once in a long time to create some stability.

Well in fairness Jauron was an experienced NFL coach . . .

Whaler53
09-24-2007, 04:19 PM
As for a GM I would like Ron Wolfe.

Some other GM Candidates: Floyd Reese, Scott Pioli, Maybe AJ Smith, if SD fires him and we get him to promise not to hire Norv Turner

I don't think Scott will be going anywhere, he's turned down big offers in the past to stay with the Pats, hopefully he remains

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Well in fairness Jauron was an experienced NFL coach . . .
Its all been a losing experience for him.

gr8slayer
09-24-2007, 04:24 PM
His only experience is in losing.
Hey what do you know, just like our owner. Coincidence? I think not.

Dicknoze69
09-24-2007, 05:20 PM
I've read numerous reports that Cowher won't coach next season. His youngest daughter is now a junior in high school, and he allegedly doesn't want to upset his daughter's last years of high school.

However, with enough money & control, anyone can be persuaded.

gr8slayer
09-24-2007, 05:21 PM
I've read numerous reports that Cowher won't coach next season. His youngest daughter is now a junior in high school, and he allegedly doesn't want to upset his daughter's last years of high school.

However, with enough money & control, anyone can be persuaded.
Well that takes us out of the running.

Buffatexas
09-24-2007, 05:43 PM
I say Cowher, but in all reality...I can honestly see Dick LaBeau becoming on the short list if Jauron gets canned.

EDS
09-24-2007, 05:51 PM
Its all been a losing experience for him.

No question.

We just need to be clear that just any coach with NFL head coaching experience won't due, the Bills need a proven winner to change the entire mindset of the organization.

PECKERWOOD
09-24-2007, 06:56 PM
Martz, Grimm, Rex Ryan, Rob Ryan, Chow, and last but not least and one of my favorite choices out of the bunch.... Ron Rivera.

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2007, 07:45 PM
Blank check to Cowher. Time for Ralph to prove he's not cheap.

bingo

FlyingDutchman
09-25-2007, 07:34 AM
Martie Shottenheimer