PDA

View Full Version : Jauron? How many years is he under contract for?

LtBillsFan66
09-24-2007, 10:04 AM
I want him gone. He has one winning season his entire coaching career.

raphael120
09-24-2007, 10:06 AM
Think he was signed for 3. 3 too long.

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 10:07 AM
who cares we dont pay real coaching prices its not like his payout wont be like getting of an OC or DC for a real team

bigbub2352
09-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Yep 3 yrs, man i hate to say this, but i seen this coming a mile away, he sucked as a head coach every year except 1, and we bargain shopped and got him, i mean look at the guys he has coaching for him, Fewell and Fairchild are horrible

RockStar36
09-24-2007, 10:10 AM
I wasn't really all for it when he was originally brought in.

It doesn't matter though. The losing starts from the top and rolls downhill.

Typ0
09-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Overall, I don't think the team has played that bad considering the lack of talent. I'm angry with the coaching staff too..but I'm equally sick of the revolving door there as well. If old Ralphie has put the straps on the hiring for that position and we won't pay for a top quality proven coach I'd just as soon stick with Dick Jauron. You have to at least give these mediocre guys a chance to put things together.

I hope someday the fans would see this revolving door of coaches for just what it is...a marketing ploy to sell tickets. The sooner people figure that out the sooner we may be able to get on to bigger and better things. As I have said the past few years...time to put up or shut up Ralph.

gr8slayer
I wasn't really all for it when he was originally brought in.

It doesn't matter though. The losing starts from the top and rolls downhill.
Exactly..

don137
It truly sucks that Bills fans are one of the most passionate fans in the league yet they field a second class managment/coaches, go cheap on the players salaries in terms of the salary cap. I feel we are living the movie 'Major League' and ownership is trying to skimp out on putting a winning product on the field. I have yet to see Jauron outcoach a team in the 19 regular season games he has been a part of.

HHURRICANE
09-24-2007, 10:18 AM
I'm not ready to fire Jauron. If we had Parcells in here, how many games do you think we would have won and how much better would the stats be?

It's not like we are full of talent. This team sucks.

RockStar36
09-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Jauron is a bad coach and has a bad staff for the most part but to their credit, they aren't being given much to work with.

This entire organization is starting to fall apart.

But hey, let's roll out some more Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas highlights to get fans pumped up.

I'm starting to see how pathetic it really is.

gr8slayer
09-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Jauron is a bad coach and has a bad staff for the most part but to their credit, they aren't being given much to work with.

This entire organization is starting to fall apart.

But hey, let's roll out some more Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas highlights to get fans pumped up.

I'm starting to see how pathetic it really is.
It's been falling apart for a decade.

RockStar36
09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
It's been falling apart for a decade.

I realize that but it's hitting a new low. This is looking worse than the 3-13 year they had recently. I always watch the games and I'm getting to the point where I'm not looking forward to Sundays.

HHURRICANE
09-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Pretty hard to fire the chef when you are only buying him celery and carrots to cook with.

gr8slayer
09-24-2007, 10:31 AM
I realize that but it's hitting a new low. This is looking worse than the 3-13 year they had recently. I always watch the games and I'm getting to the point where I'm not looking forward to Sundays.
Yeah, I hear you.

TacklingDummy
09-24-2007, 10:32 AM
With the lack of talent the Bills have on the field it wouldn't matter if Vince Lombardi was head coach.

RockStar36
09-24-2007, 10:45 AM
With the lack of talent the Bills have on the field it wouldn't matter if Vince Lombardi was head coach.

So we all agree. It starts at the top.

gr8slayer
09-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Just like any business. It's a pure snowball effect.

RockStar36
09-24-2007, 11:00 AM
Just like any business. It's a pure snowball effect.

Well on the bright side I think that other owner in Buffalo will be getting a few more bucks from me.

Ebenezer
09-24-2007, 11:02 AM
I think he has a five year contract.

HHURRICANE
09-24-2007, 11:05 AM
Jauron isn't the problem...today. Why bring another coach in at this point?

Until we have a legitimate roster *****ing about the coaching doesn't make much sense.

If our #2 receiver got cut right now, who would sign him? Nobody. That sums up the whole team in a nut shell.

TacklingDummy
09-24-2007, 11:08 AM

I think it would be hard for any coach to overcome youth, inexperience, lack of talent, bad QB play, and injuries.

don137
09-24-2007, 11:20 AM
The problem is if Jauron were to be fired who would management replace him with? It's not like they would bring in any top rate coaches. No top rate players or coaches will want to come to a team that spends cash to cap and not committed to winning. RW cares about owning a team and not about putting a winning product on the field. As much as I think Jauron sucks I truly doubt they would bring in anyone that is better because that would cost RW a lot of money which is something he has showed he will not pay the NFL standard to compete.

njsue
09-24-2007, 12:07 PM
Just change the OC.

RockStar36
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Just change the OC.

In case you weren't aware, Jauron had the same offensive problems in Chicago. He is a huge part of the problem.

Cleve
09-24-2007, 12:29 PM
It's sad to think that Buffalo used to DOMINATE the Patriots - but the organization has been allowed to erode to the point where the Bills can't even be competitive with their long-time rivals, let alone win.

This team has been doing a slow downhill slide since the Super Bowl years - remember, it's been EIGHT YEARS since this team even played in the post-season.

Yeah, the Bills are a 'small market' team, but they're also one of the most profitable in the NFL due to the loyalty of the fans. It seems that Ralph just wants to skim the profits and milk it for all it's worth. He's also getting too old to make 'sharp' decisions, and make the team a winner, even if he wanted to. And I honestly think he doesn't want to. He's gone cheap every chance he could in the last few years, in his hiring decisions, and it shows.

The end result - a team that can only score 2 touchdowns in 3 games.

churchinski
09-24-2007, 12:45 PM
Overall, I don't think the team has played that bad considering the lack of talent. I'm angry with the coaching staff too..but I'm equally sick of the revolving door there as well. If old Ralphie has put the straps on the hiring for that position and we won't pay for a top quality proven coach I'd just as soon stick with Dick Jauron. You have to at least give these mediocre guys a chance to put things together.

I hope someday the fans would see this revolving door of coaches for just what it is...a marketing ploy to sell tickets. The sooner people figure that out the sooner we may be able to get on to bigger and better things. As I have said the past few years...time to put up or shut up Ralph.
I think at times, his bend but dont break defense, keeps them in games they have no business being close in.

At the same time it's Jauron himself that is deciding on the final roster and the type of players he wants to go with.

That is where I truely think he is out of kilter.

I scratch my head wondering how he can believe that some of these choices are players he can expect to win with.

Typ0
09-24-2007, 03:11 PM
I think at times, his bend but dont break defense, keeps them in games they have no business being close in.

At the same time it's Jauron himself that is deciding on the final roster and the type of players he wants to go with.

That is where I truely think he is out of kilter.

I scratch my head wondering how he can believe that some of these choices are players he can expect to win with.

that certainly begs the question...what other players have not been chosen that he should have? I just have to wonder if he's working with what he's got.

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 03:16 PM
Well on the bright side I think that other owner in Buffalo will be getting a few more bucks from me.

yeah hes into keeping talent too

bigbub2352
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM

Until we have a legitimate roster *****ing about the coaching doesn't make much sense.

If our #2 receiver got cut right now, who would sign him? Nobody. That sums up the whole team in a nut shell.
It isnt a shock that guys that we cut never get signed by anyone, and when they do ala Rashard Baker, u never her form them again, Terrance Pennington, Shaud Williams, Craig Nall, all young guys with NFL experience, but all sittin home, hmmm scouting dept might wanna start looking a little better, we will fire the GM but keep everyone who served under him, good choice two thumbs up ralphy

HHURRICANE
09-24-2007, 03:35 PM
It isnt a shock that guys that we cut never get signed by anyone, and when they do ala Rashard Baker, u never her form them again, Terrance Pennington, Shaud Williams, Craig Nall, all young guys with NFL experience, but all sittin home, hmmm scouting dept might wanna start looking a little better, we will fire the GM but keep everyone who served under him, good choice two thumbs up ralphy

Great post as usual!!!

gr8slayer
09-24-2007, 04:17 PM
I think it would be hard for any coach to overcome youth, inexperience, lack of talent, bad QB play, and injuries.
So is that Ralph's excuse for the past 48 years? Let's not blame the person who OWNS THE TEAM, let's blame everyone else who HE HIRES.

Nighthawk
09-24-2007, 06:10 PM
Too many...

PECKERWOOD
09-24-2007, 06:41 PM
I'm already looking forward to the draft to be honest.

Mr. Cynical
09-24-2007, 07:43 PM
Too effing many.

Owen DeBoard
09-24-2007, 08:51 PM

I totally disagree with Jauron not being the problem. Jauron is supposed to be the leader of this team as a whole. If something isnt working right his job is to fix it instead of saying that this team was in for a long day when we play the pats. So when we play them again this year why waste our time playing them knowing its going to be a long day. This guy needs to grow a set of balls and tell Fairchild, the guy Jauron hired to fix the problem at hand. You have a top 10 wide reciever in the league and he has like 5 receptions for 25 yards in three games. You also have a running back that runs hard every time he touches the ball but doesnt get as many carries as he should when we are still in the game. You decide to run the clock out before halftime when you are down 17 to 7 and your oppent gets the ball after halftime. That aint goin to win you the game. How about blowing the lead against denver in week one because we call a long pass play instead of giving the ball to the running back to get the first down when it was 3rd and 1. This is the stuff that costs you football games.
Then theres the defensive scheme of cover 2. Why in the world would you change from 4-3 that everyone on this team knew and was comfortable for this cover 2. When we ran the 4-3 I believe we were ranked #2 in the league and Jauron comes and wants to change to a cover 2. If it aint broke dont fix it. It was so nice when this team could actually stop the run on D.

dilliards
09-24-2007, 11:50 PM

and part of putting together a legitimate roster is having a proven winner/leader as the head coach. when the money offered a free agent is equal (assuming we ever go after an A level free agent again), the competence of the coach can be the tiebreaker. the charm of buffalo certainly isn't causing free agents to flock here.

would you be lining up to sign a free agent contract to play for dick jauron, all other things being equal? i think not.

this team needs a kick in the ass, not a kick on 4th and 1 at midfield down by 17 points in the 3rd quarter.

BillsFever21
09-25-2007, 12:36 AM

Jauron isn't the problem? Are you kidding me?

Jauron certaintly isn't the only problem with the team but he is one of the biggest problems with the team. When you have a team this bad coaching is one of the biggest reasons for it.

This isn't Notre Dame or something. These are NFL players. When you have a team that can't get a first down, can't stop another team from getting a first down, can't force a team to put and can't stop anybody from just marching up and down the field every single time they have the ball that means that biggest flaw on a team is coaching.

Look at the Raiders last year with Art Shell. Look how bad they were. Although they are not a winning team now they are at least competitive during the game. They were not even as bad as we are now. There are a lot of horrible teams that lack talent in the NFL and there isn't any of them this bad. They can at least make some nice plays and stay in the game. They might not win but they can at least stay in the game and show some some signs of being competitive.

Look at the Falcons for example again. They were only a .500 team last year and had all the turmoil with the Vick fiasco this year. They have a brand new coaching staff and had to throw Joey Harrington in as their starter. They are not winning but they are at least making some plays and not just laying over.

The Bills have not done anything good at all. Can't do anything on offense. Can't do anything on defense. The other team can just show up for the game and have no trouble at all performing their game plans. At not one point did the teams have to feel threatened in the game. Except for Week 1 but Denver was pathetic that week too and kept is close for us.

I'm sorry but with all the parity in the NFL there is no reason why a team should be this bad and the laughing stock of the league without coaching playing the biggest part in it. A good coached team with bad talent can at least stay competitive in games and do some things right and perform better then their talent is because of coaching. A great coaching can ruin it.

Look at the Patriots 7 years ago and the Chargers this year as an example. Do you think the Patriots was clearly the most talented team that season and others? Not even close but good coaching made them better then they were. How about the Chargers this season. They were 14-2 last year and have the best RB, TE and LB in the game today along with an overall very talented team and they are playing like crap because of horrible coaching.

A good coach can take a bad team and keep them competitive and play above expectations. An average coach can show some signs but in the end the team will play up to their talent. A horrible coach like Jauron can take that same team and make them the Buffalo Bills this season and the laughing stock of the league.

Also don't take any blame from Jauron with the players. These are his systems and had played a big part on which players we brought in and got rid of on the team. He is also the one who picks out the rest of his coaching staff.

jamze132
09-25-2007, 01:56 AM
I'm not ready to fire Jauron. If we had Parcells in here, how many games do you think we would have won and how much better would the stats be?

It's not like we are full of talent. This team sucks.
I'll bite...

If Parcells was our coach, we wouldn't daft guys and sign FAs specifically for Special Teams.

If Parcells was our coach, we wouldn't be running the most boring offense this side of the Mississippi.

If Parcells was our coach, he would let everyone know that he is angry with stuff that's going on instead of being scrared and making wimpy comments like our current head coach consistently makes.

If Parcells was our coach, the fan base would have something to believe in since he has a proven track record of winning in the NFL and he has a won a Super Bowl ring. I can't say even remotely the same thing for Dick.

If Parcells was our coach, we wouldn't be having this conversation right now.