PDA

View Full Version : Blitzs

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 12:12 PM
All that we sent yesterday was a few 5 man blitzs. Whuppy ****ing do.:down: Why not send the whole house a few times. We were getting lit up like a tikki torch anyways so why not knock Brady on his ass a few times. This coaching staff has NO balls or creativity at all.:down:

LtBillsFan66
09-24-2007, 12:13 PM
Bend but don't break.

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Bend but don't break.We got broken though.:ill: Might as well have a little fun with their QB, especially since they cheapshotted ours out of the game.

LtBillsFan66
09-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah I know. Jauron is a pussy.

OpIv37
09-24-2007, 12:21 PM
All that we sent yesterday was a few 5 man blitzs. Whuppy ****ing do.:down: Why not send the whole house a few times. We were getting lit up like a tikki torch anyways so why not knock Brady on his ass a few times. This coaching staff has NO balls or creativity at all.:down:

the only reason I can think of: against Denver and Pitt, every time we blitzed, the blitz never got there in time. We don't have anyone who can blitz effectively. But again, it was still gutless- you have to at least try to pressure the QB, especially one like Brady. Every time I saw him look off the D, I knew it was a completion cuz it meant the WR's had time to get open.

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 12:31 PM
We need to send more than just 5 once in awhile. Make the QB uncomfortable and make him complete his hot read. Watching Brady sit back there with all of the time in the world made me:puke:.

historypete
09-24-2007, 12:37 PM
We Blitzed?????

churchinski
09-24-2007, 12:52 PM
We got broken though.:ill: Might as well have a little fun with their QB, especially since they cheapshotted ours out of the game.They sure did get broken as expected.

Here is what happens with defenses like this:

It works really well against mediocre QBs like Losman because they have a hard time sustaining drives and scoring from inside the red zone

So against those QBs they look like they are playing good strategy and sound defense.

Against the good QBs they get torched because those QBs will put a hurt on you with that many opportunities in the red zone.

Jaybird
09-24-2007, 02:34 PM
the blitz never got to the qb, not once since the season started

evol4276
09-24-2007, 02:58 PM
i guess they figure since we get burned on normal plays, theres no need to basically give them an easier gain by leaving no defenders back there who are coming in for a blitz. its one thing to blitz them, but its another thing to actually cause an errand throw or a sack, which i dunno if we can do even from a fullon blitz