PDA

View Full Version : Now that we have Edwards on the field....

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 02:35 PM
How can we get Fairchild to call all the series like he did the first one Edwards was out there? Edwards looked awesome out there on that drive and then Fairchild decided to outsmart himself again.

Here's to hoping he builds a gameplan that suits Edwards style, pocket passer.

One other small detail, I remember Edwards Rolling out of the pocket to pass, let's just toss that play out of the book entirely.

Gunzlingr
09-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Trent The Young Dud Edwards will continue to struggle

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 02:42 PM
Trent The Young Dud Edwards will continue to struggle

Let's hope not.

B-DON
09-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Evans has to bust out sometime and fully expect it to be this weekend.

HHURRICANE
09-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Edwards did so well on that first drive because they abandoned the gameplan. After that they had time to get back to it.

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Edwards did so well on that first drive because they abandoned the gameplan. After that they had time to get back to it.

That may have happened. It's almost like there was a script written for us to get killed but we got off course of it and scored and got the lead. Then of course we started following the script again and got killed. :blowup:

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 03:03 PM
edwards sucks you guys cling hope to his 1 pass to reed and marhsaun having 4 big runs on drive. our franchise sucks ass

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 03:24 PM
edwards sucks you guys cling hope to his 1 pass to reed and marhsaun having 4 big runs on drive. our franchise sucks ass

Good to see a real "fan".

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 03:28 PM
Not really, the Patsies just made defensive adjustments after that and like usual Fairchild never countered and just sat there let his lunch get handed to him.

hydro
09-24-2007, 03:31 PM

You must have a personal vendetta against Edwards. Did he steal you girlfriend or something...

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 03:36 PM
Did he steal you girlfriend or something...
No, he didn't steal JP away from him.:D:

SquishDaFish
09-24-2007, 03:38 PM
I think whomever the QB is will have a decent ok week this week But after that back to struggling no matter if it was even Montana. It wont matter because the COACHING SUCKS!! The only thing that will fix it is Coaches getting FIRED!

TigerJ
09-24-2007, 03:47 PM
What I think happened is this: When Losman went down, Fairchild went to a vanilla game plan so Edwards wouldn't hurt himself. NE had not game planned for Edwards, so he marched down the field. As the NE coaches analyzed what Buffalo was doing with Edwards in instead of Losman, they made adjustments to take those things away. Edwards got a little flustered. Fairchild was afraid to throw the whole playbook at the kid, and so we dealt with futility the rest of the game.

I expect Edwards will play versus the Jets. I don't expect the Jets defense to be as effective. I do expect with a full week of practice, Fairchild will give Edwards a little more to work with. If not, we'll have another loss. It won't be as lopsided as the NE game, but at this point who cares how lopsided a loss is. We need a win.

Gunzlingr
09-24-2007, 03:50 PM
You must have a personal vendetta against Edwards. Did he steal you girlfriend or something...

He probably saw him play and lose in college, when he wasn't hurt that is.

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 04:34 PM
He probably saw him play and lose in college, when he wasn't hurt that is.

He is the QB of the Bills for weeks to come, we better support him.

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 04:59 PM
Good to see a real "fan".

skooby no need to question what kind of fan i am i live and breathe this ****. its just getting a bit much. now add in that we are sending out a NOBODY AT QB i thought we already hit rock bottom a couple years back.

but as with most addictions u can always hit new lows. and sadly my friend ITS ONLY JUST BEGUN. becuz there is little hope. no coaching plus rookie qb equal one big shot storm we about to go through

RockStar36
09-24-2007, 05:24 PM
How can we get Fairchild to call all the series like he did the first one Edwards was out there? Edwards looked awesome out there on that drive and then Fairchild decided to outsmart himself again.

One other small detail, I remember Edwards Rolling out of the pocket to pass, let's just toss that play out of the book entirely.

Skooby...

Fairchild doesn't have to do anything with the gameplan this Sunday. The coaches and playcalling are just lame excuses from JP lickers, it isn't the real problem.

YardRat
09-24-2007, 07:18 PM
Give the kid a chance with a full week under his belt. You might as well, because it's not like anybody has any choice in the matter.

LtFinFan66
09-24-2007, 07:22 PM
My suggestion after watching the Fin/Jets game would be get the ball to Lynch early and often....Run, pass, whatever. See R. Browns numbers from yesterday

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 07:52 PM
My suggestion after watching the Fin/Jets game would be get the ball to Lynch early and often....Run, pass, whatever. See R. Browns numbers from yesterday

We have a Fin fan as a mod, what in the hell is this world coming to. :blowup:

J / K.

BillsFever21
09-25-2007, 01:02 AM

That first drive was a factor of not having a game plan against him or knowing anything about it. It happens all the time that a backup comes in during a game and either gives the team a quick spark for a drive or so or the entire game but then the week after when the team has some film against them it isn't the same.

After a drive or so it didn't take Belichek long to change his game plan to stop Edwards. After that first drive he went 6-15 and 42 yards. This isn't the first time a backup has came into the middle of the game and gave the team a quick spark until the other team adjusted their game plan. It happens all the time.

I understand Jauron and Fairchild are idiots but I doubt after the first drive they just decided to start calling the wrong plays for him. The problem with this team is they DON'T change their game plan and make adjustments. While every other good coaches are able to do this the Bills aren't. Whatever plan they come into the game with that is what they are sticking with the entire game.

A football game is all about making adjustments to what the other team is doing. That team must be able to make the proper adjustments too.

If a team knew what the other team was doing going into the game it wouldn't be very hard to defend them. It's the same thing into a game. It doesn't take long for a smart coach to pick up a simple game plan by the other team and make adjustments to shut them down. That team must be able to make the proper adjustments too.

You wanted to see what Edwards could do and you did. The QB isn't the problem with the team. Don't try making excuses around the game yesterday.