PDA

View Full Version : if JPs hurt start NALL

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 03:18 PM
i cant believe im saying this but its what my head tells me trent edwards is NEVER gonna be anything but a clipboard holder that will be shown over the next 2-3 weeks

mchurchfie
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
Wow, you really have a problem with Edwards, don't you?

RockStar36
09-24-2007, 03:20 PM
:huh:

Do you watch the games?

OpIv37
09-24-2007, 03:22 PM
Edwards clearly outplayed Nall in pre-season and has been with the team and practicing the past 3 weeks, which Nall has not. Starting Nall would just be stupid at this point.

Plus, we have Edwards- why not use this to get him some experience and evaluate him? Maybe he's the next big thing at QB for this team and maybe he's not- but we're not gonna know if we bring in guys off the street to play ahead of him.

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
:huh:

Do you watch the games?

Obviously not.:blowup:

patmoran2006
09-24-2007, 03:23 PM
you are HIGH

hydro
09-24-2007, 03:25 PM
Did i miss something, did we pick Nall back up? :huh:

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 03:26 PM

y.

hydro
09-24-2007, 03:37 PM
y.

"if JPs hurt start NALL" Thats why...

PcA125
09-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Am I missing something? Does nall have any shot of being a legit starting Qb in this league? He lost his spot to edwards and now you want him instead? why? Nall has done nothing.

Gunzlingr
09-24-2007, 03:52 PM
NALL BALL ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT!

CSFAN
09-24-2007, 03:53 PM
This is insanity. If there is one thing we KNOW, it is that Nall is not the QB of the future.

Edwards might be. There is also a slim chance - albeit a chance - that JP is. Regardless, we need to know before next year's draft. If JP is out, let's see what Edwards can do.

I was pumped after the 1st drive, and then they seemed to just go conservative. We have nothing to lose; open it up, and see what he can do...

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 03:57 PM
edwards couldnt score points in the pac 10 where games have 100 points scored in them on a reg basis he sucks ass believe me we dont want to show the league how bad he is so we can hopefully trade him

CSFAN
09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
edwards couldnt score points in the pac 10 where games have 100 points scored in them on a reg basis he sucks ass believe me we dont want to show the league how bad he is so we can hopefully trade him

That's a fairly ignorant statement.

Just an FYI.

gr8slayer
09-24-2007, 04:28 PM
What happens in college means exactly dick in the NFL. For all we know he could end up being the second coming of _________.

I still don't think we should play him YET! I think rookie QB's should sit the first year and learn.

shelby
09-24-2007, 05:06 PM
yes (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5294)

Kerr
09-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Hell to the no.

hydro
09-24-2007, 09:36 PM

What will you do if Trent Edwards become our franchise QB? Seriously!

I have never seen such a personal vendetta against a player before...

Philagape
09-24-2007, 09:52 PM
I have never seen such a personal vendetta against a player before...

There are always some here

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 10:56 PM
This is insanity. If there is one thing we KNOW, it is that Nall is not the QB of the future.

Edwards might be. There is also a slim chance - albeit a chance - that JP is. Regardless, we need to know before next year's draft. If JP is out, let's see what Edwards can do.

I was pumped after the 1st drive, and then they seemed to just go conservative. We have nothing to lose; open it up, and see what he can do...

i was pumped after the first 5-6 plays of the season too then fairchild decided to get cute

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 11:03 PM
i was pumped after the first 5-6 plays of the season too then fairchild decided to get cute

Dude, JP has pretty much blown every play he has been involved with. How long did you expect him to play at this crap level and be starting??

It's not the line and the coaching is suspect but JP is questioning his coaches when he cannot make simple throws. Can't give a 3rd grader 12th grade math and expect them to succeed. JP is a 6th grader in college level game, it's shown every game.

dilliards
09-24-2007, 11:27 PM
in the postgame press conference, jauron admitted that the game plan changed when edwards came in. they were ultra-conservative, as if their goal was to lose by less than 30 rather than go for broke. if edwards was not ready to take on the full offense against the pats, then what is one week of practice going to accomplish?

how many of the teams with 2 QBs on the roster in the league have a rookie as the #2? is having josh scobey on the roster really worth it? would fairchild have pussed out once again if nall had relieved losman last week?

i question whether nall isn't the better option at this point. while everyone is looking forward to next year already, i'd prefer to have a shot at winning this game, and nall is probably better prepared than edwards at this point to make that happen based on his experience.

if the coaching staff turns turtle offensively this week again with edwards (as they have with losman in week 1 and 2), will it have been worth it?

evol4276
09-25-2007, 01:48 AM
dude what the hell? jp has 2 bad games. bench him. then a rookie has a bad game against an excellent team in this first game. bench him. then nall will do bad and the oh bench him talks will come agian. no. play edwards. he needs the experience. if jp isnt the man (which i want him to be still) i need him to get experience in playing

evol4276
09-25-2007, 02:03 AM
edwards couldnt score points in the pac 10 where games have 100 points scored in them on a reg basis he sucks ass believe me we dont want to show the league how bad he is so we can hopefully trade him what??? cutler played for a horrible college team. he's starting and doing decent. wtf man? do u even understand this sport at all? have u played too much madden or something? its his very first NFL game against a team who MANHANDLED the freakin Chargers who to some are SB bound an no didn't light it up? are you seriously calling him a bust after 1 game? did he throw 5 ints and make 0 completions? no he didnt win the game. neither did the rest of the team either.. im not ripping on u personally but ur overall opinion is ridiculous

SABURZFAN
09-25-2007, 02:10 AM
Wow, you really have a problem with Edwards, don't you?

:rofl:

a lot of people here had a problem with Edwards when we drafted him.i can name names too.

Night Train
09-25-2007, 06:42 AM
What will you do if Trent Edwards become our franchise QB?

Tell everyone he called it.

feldspar
09-25-2007, 06:55 AM
The premise of this thread is dumb.

D-U-M-B spells dumb.

Not that I wanted to see JP get hurt, but this 2 week window into seeing what we have in Edwards is a good thing. And I think that, if this had to happen, it happened at the right time. Nall will never be a starter in this league. If he was so good, someone would have picked him up after we let him go.

Wraith
09-25-2007, 09:08 AM
Dude, JP has pretty much blown every play he has been involved with.

How do you expect people to take you seriously when you say stuff like this?

justasportsfan
09-25-2007, 09:59 AM
"It wasn't pretty," Nall told Buffalobills.com. "I saw the hit on J.P. and I don't think it was unintentional. It looked pretty dirty. It looked like he could have avoided the hit on him."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5294