PDA

View Full Version : Youboty

more cowbell
09-24-2007, 08:28 PM
One of the lone bright spots on defense this year I'd have to say.

His first start last week he held up pretty well against Holmes. Yesterday he allowed basically one catch all day to Stallworth and it was when Brady had 3 days to throw the football. He's quietly doing his job well, and could turn into a very good starter by the end of the year...thoughts?

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 08:29 PM

His first start last week he held up pretty well against Holmes. Yesterday he allowed basically one catch all day to Stallworth and it was when Brady had 3 days to throw the football. He's quietly doing his job well, and could turn into a very good starter by the end of the year...thoughts?

He looks real good, I hope he keeps his head up and plays hard.

Saratoga Slim
09-24-2007, 08:49 PM
yeah, I've got my fingers crossed. if he keeps it up we may not have to draft a day one CB after all next year. which is good, b/c we sure have other needs

Elminster
09-24-2007, 08:51 PM
yeah, I've got my fingers crossed. if he keeps it up we may not have to draft a day one CB after all next year. which is good, b/c we sure have other needs
Indeed. I think I'm once again on the "draft a DT" bandwagon myself....

BidsJr
09-24-2007, 09:03 PM

Hope he doesn't tear an acl.:blowup:

djjimkelly
09-24-2007, 09:12 PM
Indeed. I think I'm once again on the "draft a DT" bandwagon myself....

im on the our scheme is a joke bandwagon that goes for both sides of the ball we blitzed 5 times on sunday. but we are very depleted

TigerJ
09-24-2007, 10:01 PM
I like Youboty. I'm not sure that the Bills have no need to draft a CB though. Maybe not in the first round, but I think they might want to pick up someone though. They have 4 healthy CBs on the roster at the moment. Webster is on IR and Dustin Fox is on the PS. I'm not sure Webster is going to be with the Bills next year. He has yet to prove he can stay healthy, and when he was healthy, he wasn't that effective. Dust5in Fox was a third round draft choice and has some upside, but he comes with question marks too. The Bills will shoot to have five CBs on the active roster that they like next year, and it doesn't look like they have them now.

Tatonka
09-24-2007, 11:01 PM
we need a number 2 wr.. a center.. a big DT.. and a TE really bad.

jamze132
09-25-2007, 02:17 AM
I am not saying anything bad about Youboty, but Stallworth only has like 5 catches this year, right?

Night Train
09-25-2007, 02:35 AM
This is the one position no one should rush to judge. CB's usually struggle the first year or more.

He'll probably have a bad game or 2 this year but his natural ability is evident. He's a good talent.

Ebenezer
09-25-2007, 02:56 AM
It is way too early for the jury to decide....

mybills
09-25-2007, 06:22 AM
I am not saying anything bad about Youboty, but Stallworth only has like 5 catches this year, right?

I'll say it then.

This is why...
"Yesterday he allowed basically one catch all day to Stallworth and it was when Brady had 3 days to throw the football."

Shouldn't that be a non catch since he had a lot longer to defend it?

I'm still waiting for him to impress me. Eb's right, the Jury's still out.

Throne Logic
09-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Brady didn't NEED to throw to Stallworth. He was able to work any of his first 3 options without much trouble. Greer played a very good game, but he is just no match for Moss when Brady has 6 seconds to let Moss create separation. Welker had his way with whomever was in the general area trying to cover him. Toss in some RB and TE tosses. Why bother throwing to Stallworth when Moss and Welker are open?

I hope Youboty has a nice impact on this secondary. Heck knows we could use all the bright spots we can find this season. But I can't say he was great against Brady's last option before throwing the ball away. Right now Greer is, by far, our best CB.

mybills
09-25-2007, 10:38 AM
I agree, TL. Greer has already impressed me.