PDA

View Full Version : Last team to start 0-3 and make the playoffs??

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Edited.

1998 Buffalo Bills. Time to repeat the love.

Luisito23
09-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Am I missing something Skoob, or did we really go to the SB in 98?....:box:....

PS....Did we win this time???....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!

OpIv37
09-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Trent Edwards is not Vince Young or Tom Brady.

This team is not the 1998 Bills (for starters, the 98 Bills weren't down 9 defenders due to injuries and suspensions).

Give it up Skoob- different teams, different times, different circumstances.

The last buffalo fan
09-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Oh well.......... no wait, hey Skoob, WTF!!!!!! :rofl:

Mr. Pink
09-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Super Sunday would be the Superbowl correct?

No team has started 0-3 and made it to the Superbowl.

Mitchy moo
09-24-2007, 10:57 PM
Super sunday is the AFC / NFC Conference championship games. I know all of you football guru's knew that and know exactly how this season is going to turn out as well.

:bow:

Coach Sal
09-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Super sunday is the AFC / NFC Conference championship games. I know all of you football guru's knew that and know exactly how this season is going to turn out as well.

Super Sunday is the Super Bowl.

And the Bills did not make the AFC title game in '98 either. They lost in the Wild Card round at Miami.

Luisito23
09-24-2007, 11:06 PM

:coocoo:....

GO BILLS!!!!!

Mr. Cynical
09-25-2007, 01:30 AM
Trent Edwards is not Vince Young or Tom Brady.

This team is not the 1998 Bills (for starters, the 98 Bills weren't down 9 defenders due to injuries and suspensions).

Give it up Skoob- different teams, different times, different circumstances.

Don't forget a different HC....sure am glad Wilson fired Wade 'cause he is really sucking it up in Dallas. Great move, just like Polian.

jamze132
09-25-2007, 01:41 AM
Yeah, uh, I don't think this head coach has what it takes to turn this season around, much less win a game. I mean, who else in the NFL can be outcoached by theirself?

Ebenezer
09-25-2007, 02:05 AM
Last team to start 0-3 and make the playoffs??

so...we won't be the next one....

MTBillsFan
09-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Wasn't that team QB'd by the magical midget mullet Flutie? He's working for NBC currently and could probably still light things up...

feldspar
09-25-2007, 07:04 AM
Having a good attitude is important, but being realistic is even more important.

Sure, we lost our first three games. But we didn't just lose them; we got absolutely murdered (in two of them at least).

I'm one of the more optimistic fans out there, but I'd say we have no chance this year. None whatsoever. Right now, something like one-fifth of our team is injured, we are starting a rookie QB, and the play-calling leaves much to be desired.

I hope we can pull through, and part of me thinks we can. But I'm definately not counting on it.

OpIv37
09-25-2007, 08:04 AM
Don't forget a different HC....sure am glad Wilson fired Wade 'cause he is really sucking it up in Dallas. Great move, just like Polian.

Of all the coaches we've had since Levy, I think Wade was the best one and I always felt he was fired prematurely.

Oaf
09-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Super Sunday would be the Superbowl correct?

No team has started 0-3 and made it to the Superbowl.
One playoff win would do it for me.

Mitchy moo
09-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Of all the coaches we've had since Levy, I think Wade was the best one and I always felt he was fired prematurely.

Well we needed a finger to point and he ended up at the end of Wilson's.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-25-2007, 03:05 PM
It's because his special teams were inept. Remember Ronnie Jones and Chris "The Punt Catcher" Watson?

Now, Wade Phillips + Bobby April = winner. Unfortunately, that never happened.

justasportsfan
09-25-2007, 03:06 PM
do you remember why he was fired?

OpIv37
09-25-2007, 03:12 PM
do you remember why he was fired?

not really- I just remember he had the D playing well.

justasportsfan
09-25-2007, 03:22 PM
not really- I just remember he had the D playing well.
he was fired for refusing to fire his OC Sheppard . (as was Ralphs excuse)

Wade had a decent team because he had continuity with his D when he inherited the team. He revamped the O and tried to run the WCO and running by committee. This is the part of the team that struggled most because they were running something that was foreign to them . They weren't running the K-Gun anymore.

Add to the fact that you had a qb who was an idiot (RJ) and another qb who ran his own thing DF.

We are seeing the same things the bills have been struggling with over recent years. The commentators made a great point when they showed the coaching changes we've had this century. We can't win anything if we keep changing coaches.The same can be said of the raiders.

It takes time for a system or football philosophy to develop. Even Dunggys system took time before it became a success both in Tampa and Indy.

Teams like the PAts under BB like you said is an excption to the rule. Even the Saints were an exception as well and are struggling to maintain their success.

This is why I don't think we should junk Jauron just yet but I'm not so sure about Fairchild.

OpIv37
09-25-2007, 03:24 PM
he was fired for refusing to fire his OC Sheppard . (as was Ralphs excuse)

Wade had a decent team because he had continuity with his D when he inherited the team. He revamped the O and tried to run the WCO and running by committee. This is the part of the team that struggled most because of no continuity .

We are seeing the same things the bills have been struggling with over recent years. The commentators made a great point when they showed the coaching changes we've had this century. We can't win anything if we keep changing coaches.The same can be said of the raiders.

It takes time for a system or football philosophy to develop. Even Dunggys system took time before it became a success both in Tampa and Indy.

Teams like the PAts under BB like you said is an excption to the rule. Even the Saints are struggling now that teams are more familiar with their system.

This is why I don't think we should jumk Jauron just yet but I'm not so sure about Fairchild.

I'm 50-50 on Jauron. While I understand the continuity argument, continuity isn't going to solve the problem if the coach just plain sucks.

I agree that Fairchild should be canned.

justasportsfan
09-25-2007, 03:27 PM
I'm 50-50 on Jauron. While I understand the continuity argument, continuity isn't going to solve the problem if the coach just plain sucks.

I agree that Fairchild should be canned.

Jauron has to tell his OC to stop being conservative and stop babying his qb's.

BigDaddyMac
09-25-2007, 09:27 PM
Edited.

1998 Buffalo Bills. Time to repeat the love.

This team mgiht not win a single game let alone get back into the playoff picture.

I can't believe how crappy this defense is man!:blowup: