PDA

View Full Version : Modrak Did Find Us Some Players The Last 2 Years

Night Train
09-25-2007, 04:39 AM
Ralph basically bailed when hiring his old friend Marv, knowing " he would sleep better at night ", prior to the 2006 season. While Marv is an honorable man of the highest caliber, he clearly wasn't in tune with the current NFL and has signed some dubious Free Agents and hired the wrong coach.

Lucklily, he had Modrak to run the Draft. It's up to Marv and Jauron to tell Modrak what they need and for him to find it.

While I may disagree with the direction of the Day 1 picks (ex. Whitner, instead of DT Ngata ), that wasn't Modraks call. The results ?

Whitner - He was picked too high but that's not his fault. He's a very good player.
McCargo - Has finally overcome injuries and shown me he's the only DT on the roster worth a damn.
Youboty - Opportunity to now start and will probably stay there, barring injury. Talented.
Lynch - Excellent pick.
Pos - Injured but obviously an excellent pick.
Edwards - Could very well be our permanent future starter at QB.

The day 2 picks haven't been bad either. I sure like what I see from RB Dwayne Wright. Ellison is good for a 6th rounder. Wendling made a nice ST's play this past Sunday and could push for a starting spot next year.

So while most everything else has been a downer, the last 2 drafts have been pretty good. Hopefully, a DT or 2 will be our priority this coming spring, along with a Center. But that's up to the Coach and Marv to see that.

If so, Modrak can find them.

Now if we could just get some quality coaching..

Luisito23
09-25-2007, 04:43 AM
:goodpost: :hi5:...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

Johnny Bugmenot
09-25-2007, 05:54 AM
So you give Modrak the credit for the good picks under Marv but not the bad picks under Donahoe?

You know, like Losman, Everett (gasp! I said something bad about Everett! Yeah, go ahead, groan me to oblivion.), Mike Williams, almost the entire receiving corps, etc...

Night Train
09-25-2007, 06:14 AM
So you give Modrak the credit for the good picks under Marv but not the bad picks under Donahoe?

You know, like Losman, Everett (gasp! I said something bad about Everett! Yeah, go ahead, groan me to oblivion.), Mike Williams, almost the entire receiving corps, etc...

TD made the final picks during that era. See Roscoe Parrish.

Nice try.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2007, 07:11 AM

I'm sorry Everett is hurt but that was the worst draft in Bills history. In addition, I was shocked that Everett made the roster this year, which as it turns out was a bad thing.

justasportsfan
09-25-2007, 09:48 AM
I like the drafts we've had in recent years under MArv. Problem is, we're back to the same crap as far as having the right brains to put things together.

mikemac2001
09-25-2007, 10:17 AM
TD made the final picks during that era. See Roscoe Parrish.

Nice try.

Roscoe was to high of a pick but i think he can be a WR in the league

Also KE i really would have liked to see him this year i think he would have contributed alot

churchinski
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Ralph basically bailed when hiring his old friend Marv, knowing " he would sleep better at night ", prior to the 2006 season. While Marv is an honorable man of the highest caliber, he clearly wasn't in tune with the current NFL and has signed some dubious Free Agents and hired the wrong coach.

Lucklily, he had Modrak to run the Draft. It's up to Marv and Jauron to tell Modrak what they need and for him to find it.

While I may disagree with the direction of the Day 1 picks (ex. Whitner, instead of DT Ngata ), that wasn't Modraks call. The results ?

Whitner - He was picked too high but that's not his fault. He's a very good player.
McCargo - Has finally overcome injuries and shown me he's the only DT on the roster worth a damn.
Youboty - Opportunity to now start and will probably stay there, barring injury. Talented.
Lynch - Excellent pick.

The day 2 picks haven't been bad either. I sure like what I see from RB Dwayne Wright. Ellison is good for a 6th rounder. Wendling made a nice ST's play this past Sunday and could push for a starting spot next year.

So while most everything else has been a downer, the last 2 drafts have been pretty good. Hopefully, a DT or 2 will be our priority this coming spring, along with a Center. But that's up to the Coach and Marv to see that.

this years draft was ok

last year's draft was nothing to be proud of, those players were taken way too high

overall I don't rate modrak very high at all when it comes to finding talent
btw the Lynch pick was made by Ralph Wilson

X-Era
09-26-2007, 06:16 AM

Lynch - Excellent pick.

The problem isnt the draft, it is now and always has been what we do with our own and who we sign in free agency.