• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RedEyE
    • Jul 2002

Trying to understand something...

Scenerio:

What's worse, a starting RB with a broken wrist, or a starting MLB with a broken forearm?

I admit that I'm no doctor, nor do I have any qualifying medical experience to comment on either injury, but I'm going to anyway.

Shaun Alexander plans on playing Sunday (and thereafter) with a casted broken wrist. Taking handoffs, absorbing hits, and catching balls. This has me questioning the Bills staff placing Poz on IR.

Seems to me if the cast is set right he could easily play every week. Seems to me that it's been done in the past. It's easier to control if your on the delivering end of licks rather than the receiving end.

Anyone have any insight as to why a RB with a broken wrist gets a nod over a bruising LB with a broken arm?
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Trying to understand something...

Originally posted by RedEyE
    Scenerio:

What's worse, a starting RB with a broken wrist, or a starting MLB with a broken forearm?

I admit that I'm no doctor, nor do I have any qualifying medical experience to comment on either injury, but I'm going to anyway.

Shaun Alexander plans on playing Sunday (and thereafter) with a casted broken wrist. Taking handoffs, absorbing hits, and catching balls. This has me questioning the Bills staff placing Poz on IR.

Seems to me if the cast is set right he could easily play every week. Seems to me that it's been done in the past. It's easier to control if your on the delivering end of licks rather than the receiving end.

Anyone have any insight as to why a RB with a broken wrist gets a nod over a bruising LB with a broken arm?
    Maybe because it was both bones.

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

It is good to know, RedEye, that you have more medical expertise than the people on staff in Buffalo.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• RedEyE
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by MikeInRoch
        It is good to know, RedEye, that you have more medical expertise than the people on staff in Buffalo.
        Didn't I just preface that same exact thing? This is why people asks questions.

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Maybe because it was both bones.
          That's probably it. I didn't realize that he broke both bones.

Comment

• BlackMetalNinja
            I'm not Jewish, I'm just in it for the hats.
            • May 2005

Not to mention I think Alexander only has something along the lines of a hairline fracture and not a true break... though I could be wrong about that.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Yea with Poz breaking both bones in the forearm I would assume that he cant take any type of a hit or else the bones would never heal. But I dont have any medical exp to back up my opinion either.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                Yea with Poz breaking both bones in the forearm I would assume that he cant take any type of a hit or else the bones would never heal. But I dont have any medical exp to back up my opinion either.
                I'm sure that's it. I stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I was just curious. I remember Henry playing through broken ribs and I think even a broken leg (if I'm not mistaken). I was just trying to understand what constitutes a season ending injury for a hard nosed MLB.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

Red, Poz snapped both bones completely in his forearm while Alexander has a very slight crack in 1 bone in his wrist which with the cast does't really pose much of a problem.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

I guess it depends on the severity of the fractures.

Comment

• G. Host
                        Banned
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RedEyE
                        That's probably it. I didn't realize that he broke both bones.
                        The injury he had appears to be the kind I had playing football - broken both bones in arm and when the muscles relax you have no support at all. You are not returning to the game. There is a difference between that type of break and the type Henry and other plays have where the bone is cracked and it is not going to move although a wrong hit can break it further. Some should be listed as a crack or bruise and others as a break.

The key will be is POZ in locker room and on side lines learning or does he just decide to go away from Buffalo to do all of healing elsewhere. I hope he will continue learning mentally while he physically develops other parts of his body like McCargo did.

Comment

• cocamide
                          • Oct 2006

Is Poz's injury similar to the one that put Seau out last season?

Comment

Working...
                          X