djjimkelly
09-25-2007, 07:35 AM
http://www.wgrz.com/sports/columnist/AsISeeIt_article.aspx?storyid=51156

he gets it

HHURRICANE
09-25-2007, 07:46 AM

he gets it

Kilgore always writes a great column. He is by far the best sports writer in Buffalo. Very practical and logical analysis.

I believe that Jauron is a good coach. However, when your team has this little talent you need to step outside the box and get creative. In the end it might win you one more game but it at least keeps you playing hard.

Obviously Denver isn't that good and we should have won that game.

Patti120
09-25-2007, 07:48 AM
He does get it! Even the announcers during the game got it but for some reason Dick and/or Steve don't seem to get it. Maybe Ralph is like the evil woman owner from that baseball movie Major league and this is all his fault.

clumping platelets
09-25-2007, 07:54 AM
He's right

Night Train
09-25-2007, 07:56 AM
I believe that Jauron is a good coach.

That's up for debate.

He picked this Cover 2 D. Looks like square pegs are being driven into the round hole again, much like Greggo and Mularkey.

HHURRICANE
09-25-2007, 08:11 AM
That's up for debate.

He picked this Cover 2 D. Looks like square pegs are being driven into the round hole again, much like Greggo and Mularkey.

Yes, it will be debated here. I watched Gregg Williams and Mike Mularkey do far less with alot more talent. In addition, when we needed a coach he was the best available and at least had previous head coaching experience.

Is he a great coach? No. But right now we need somebody who can keep these guys playing at a high level. He is doing that. The talent is not here. PERIOD.

To me the coach that has been a major disappointment has been Fairchild. We were all high on him based on his previous experience, and again, was the best available at the time.

If we finish at the bottom in offense at the end of the season Jauron will have to fire Fairchild. If he doesn't, than my opinion of Jauron will change quickly.

Dude
09-25-2007, 08:16 AM
Great article. The Bills offense is terrible.

DraftBoy
09-25-2007, 08:29 AM
well written piece

M
09-25-2007, 08:35 AM
Can someone please send this article to Jauron et al?

Mahdi
09-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I agree with everthing except for the part about Parrish being a non-factor in the passing game. I think he's the only factor.

justasportsfan
09-25-2007, 09:38 AM
MOst acurate article.

BlackMetalNinja
09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
Great article. The Bills offense is terrible.

Bill Walton would disagree... they are in fact TERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIBLE!

Throne Logic
09-25-2007, 10:44 AM
I agree.

I'd much rather lose with JP / Edwards throwing 5 interceptions than by watching this offense run the run-run-pass-punt all afternoon. At least it would be more exciting.

Right now it's just a slow painful death Sunday after Sunday.

cocamide
09-25-2007, 10:58 AM
He does get it! Even the announcers during the game got it but for some reason Dick and/or Steve don't seem to get it. Maybe Ralph is like the evil woman owner from that baseball movie Major league and this is all his fault.

To motivate the players they'll have a naked poster of Ralph in the locker room, and with each win, they'll put more clothes on it.

mybills
09-25-2007, 11:05 AM
"So, we can't lay all, or even most of the blame, on the quarterback."

I believe I said that right after the first game.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2007, 11:16 AM
I totally agree with Kilgore, and have absolutely no idea why the Bills have run this ultraconservative, absolutely ineffective offense for 3 straight games now.

We're 0-3 and going nowhere. Would it hurt to open up the offense and play like most teams in the NFL?

blackonyx89
09-25-2007, 11:51 AM
Kilgore was always a straight shooter when it comes to the Bills and Sabres. I pray he doesn't get axed like John Murphy.

:bow:

Saratoga Slim
09-25-2007, 12:23 PM
I actually don't have any problem with our use of a Cover 2, and I think that were it not for 1) the ridiculous spate of injuries, and 2) the fact that our offense does absolutely nothing to help, our defense would be very respectable.

I think Dick is a good leader, generally runs a very disciplined operation, and all in all is a good coach. But the fact is he's a defensive guy, and I just don't think he knows how to run an offense. That doesn't mean he couldn't be a great head coach nonetheless, but when you're an almost purely defensive-minded head coach, you really need to hire an all-star offensive coordinator and let them work. For example, Rod Marinelli hired Mike Martz, and appears to let Martz run the show. The Lions move the ball.

I think that either Fairchild is fairly inept, or Dick is not letting him work and is playing the cards way too tight. I don't think we have legions of talent at the WR position, and our QBs are average at best at this point. But I just don't think that talent alone is enough to explain one offensive touchdown in three games. It feels like a system problem to me.

The last buffalo fan
09-25-2007, 12:36 PM
I actually don't have any problem with our use of a Cover 2, and I think that were it not for 1) the ridiculous spate of injuries, and 2) the fact that our offense does absolutely nothing to help, our defense would be very respectable.

I think Dick is a good leader, generally runs a very disciplined operation, and all in all is a good coach. But the fact is he's a defensive guy, and I just don't think he knows how to run an offense. That doesn't mean he couldn't be a great head coach nonetheless, but when you're an almost purely defensive-minded head coach, you really need to hire an all-star offensive coordinator and let them work. For example, Rod Marinelli hired Mike Martz, and appears to let Martz run the show. The Lions move the ball.

I think that either Fairchild is fairly inept, or Dick is not letting him work and is playing the cards way too tight. I don't think we have legions of talent at the WR position, and our QBs are average at best at this point. But I just don't think that talent alone is enough to explain one offensive touchdown in three games. It feels like a system problem to me.

Actually two tds only, both scored by ML :ill:

bills&sabresmvf
09-25-2007, 01:36 PM
Yeah great article stating the obvious....

Wys Guy
09-25-2007, 09:06 PM

he gets it

LMAO

Kilgore is one of the most inaccurate people covering the Bills.

Oh, the humor!

Yeah, Ed Kilgore gets it!

Monday, July 23, 2007

<!-- Begin .post -->Are Bills NFL's Sleeper in 2007???

http://www.wgrz.com/news/columnist/blogs/staffblogs/Kilgore/2007_07_01_archive.html

Although the Bills aren't getting a lot of love from the national media heading into Dick Jauron's second training camp, I think there is legitimate reason to think this will be a .500 season or even better, even with one of the toughest schedules in the NFL. ...

Defensive coaches look for ways to pressure them as much as possible, and hurt them if they can.

Offensive coaches look for ways to protect their qb's, first and foremost, because they all know if their guy gets knocked around a lot, he'll make mistakes, and eventually get knocked out of a game or even a season.

Dick Jauron, and by extension gm Marv Levy, seems to grasp that concept much better than Mike Mularkey or Gregg Williams before him. ...

Lo and behold, it turns out Losman is pretty solid when he actually has a little time to throw, and throw he will this coming season. ...

Sure, lots of Bills fans automatically expect rookie Marshawn Lynch to be an upgrade over Willis McGahee, but that shouldn't be expected right away. ...

Ok, so the offense should be better, and maybe a whole LOT better. ...

Saving the "best" for last, I think Dick Jauron was very, very solid in guiding a team in some turmoil to a 7-9 season that could have been even better with a break or two.

:roflmao:

About the only thing Kilgore's ever gotten consistently is a good correction shortly after he writes.

Wys Guy
09-25-2007, 09:32 PM
But wait, there's more!

Kilgore's comments regarding the Denver game:

By the way, I thought the 3rd and 5 call to go deep to Evans late in the game was a GREAT call by Jauron. Winners aren't afraid to gamble when they feel the odds are in their favor,...

Yeah, Jauron's a winner. He's what now, 43-61, 30-58, nearly getting doubled up other than his lucky "even a stopped clock is right twice a day" season in Chicago.

Dear fellow Bills fans, may I introduce to you, a HUGE winner, Buffalo Bills head coach Dick Jauron!!!

[resounding applause]

:roflmao:

Tatonka
09-25-2007, 11:34 PM
wys.. your articles may be accurate.. even with your skewed stats to prove whatever repetitive point your on.. but they still are not good... at least i enjoyed reading his.