PDA

View Full Version : what scares me on this board this week

djjimkelly
09-25-2007, 08:13 AM
last week ronnie brown went off vs a poor jets run D.

this week im positive lynch will do much of the same.

the jets are trying to run the 3-4 without close to the right personal which will give lynch great running lanes.

now to what scares me about fans and media this week. WHEN LYNCH GOES OFF FOR ABOUT 150-175 total yards will the media and fans be all over trent edwards or will we realize we just played a team that might be worse against the run then the buffalo bills.

and this isnt a hate on edwards my last couple days of posting have been just to offset the JP negativity which has no basis IMO

OpIv37
09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
what do you mean the JP negativity has no basis? In the two games he played, he held the ball too long, didn't feel the pressure and missed open receivers. Through 27 starts (ok, 26- I won't count the last game cuz he only had two plays), he's still making the same kinds of mistakes he was making his rookie year.

The offense's problems go well beyond JP, but there is no doubt that he has been underperforming and is a big part of the problem himself. I'd like to think JP is a viable starter in this league and that we don't have to start over grooming Edwards (or someone else), but the results on the field are starting to suggest something different.

OpIv37
09-25-2007, 08:33 AM
and no, we're not dumb enough to credit Edwards if Lynch has a good performance.

djjimkelly
09-25-2007, 08:38 AM
OP i know you arent im not sure about alot of the others

STAMPY
09-25-2007, 08:53 AM
get off JPs nuts. The hotter QB will start. If edwards doesn't get hot. JP takes the ball back. Hell if edwards plays good. He will keep playing

Meathead
09-25-2007, 01:32 PM
OP i know you arent
lets not be too hasty

churchinski
09-25-2007, 02:00 PM
last week ronnie brown went off vs a poor jets run D.

this week im positive lynch will do much of the same.

the jets are trying to run the 3-4 without close to the right personal which will give lynch great running lanes.

now to what scares me about fans and media this week. WHEN LYNCH GOES OFF FOR ABOUT 150-175 total yards will the media and fans be all over trent edwards or will we realize we just played a team that might be worse against the run then the buffalo bills.

and this isnt a hate on edwards my last couple days of posting have been just to offset the JP negativity which has no basis IMOyou are prepared to say that Losman's play warrants no criticism ?

I think for what they invested in Losman they have a very poor return

LtFinFan66
09-25-2007, 02:23 PM
It might be a little harder for Lynch because I am sure the Jets will gameplan to make Edwards beat them or Nall....whoever is starting

Jan Reimers
09-25-2007, 02:26 PM
Lynch should be able to run, but Edwards should also be able to pass.

The Jets are not the Pats.

RedEyE
09-25-2007, 03:08 PM
I still don't give the Bills a chance in hell at winning this game.

21-10 Jets

raphael120
09-25-2007, 04:43 PM
I'll be happy if our offense puts up yards and points, even if it's against a crappy Jets team, I'll be happy for something to cheer about a the bar, and be happy for a win, but in the grand scheme of things, I know it won't mean much, but at the same time, if we LOSE against the Jets AT HOME, I think it will be very telling of how bad we really are if we can't even get our offense going against a BAD defense. So I expect us to play well offensively, but if we don't, it's pretty much a 1 or 2 win season if we can't beat the teams we have the best chances to beat at home.

B-DON
09-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Its funny how one minute you guys are saying we are the worst team in the league, and now we SHOULD beat the jets. I dont expect a win but i think we can pull it out. Just funny how the mood swings so fast around here.

SABURZFAN
09-25-2007, 05:44 PM
you are prepared to say that Losman's play warrants no criticism ?

I think for what they invested in Losman they have a very poor return

where have you gone Joe Dufek? :ill:

Wally The Barber
09-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Edwards is SUPERMAN

Meathead
09-25-2007, 06:09 PM
well i hate to say it but does it really matter anymore

this team has simply suffered too many injuries to be able to compete consistently enough to challenge for a playoff spot

and personally thats all i really root for anymore

even in sports where almost anything can happen, in this instance it cant. its just unreasonable to even hope for the massive miracle it would take to allow this hemorrhaging dog to hunt

sure ill watch every game and i will be hoping they win but if they dont who really cares

at this point id rather they win three than they win nine. they are already crippled beyond recovery making this a lost season. id rather have higher draft picks in the spring than the hollow feeling of comfort that a couple more wins brings in a nonplayoff season

as always i will get a lot of negativity now for saying this. yet when the draft rolls around just about everybody will say the same thing

only two games i desperately want them to win: mnf and cheatriots

other than that just lose baby

SABURZFAN
09-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Edwards is SUPERMAN

yeah....and the Patriots cheated by wearing cryptonite jerseys too.

YardRat
09-25-2007, 06:28 PM
You should be more scared of R.Brown ripping off 150 against our defense.

SABURZFAN
09-25-2007, 06:34 PM
You should be more scared of R.Brown ripping off 150 against our defense.

:ill:

lordofgun
09-25-2007, 06:38 PM
get off JPs nuts. The hotter QB will start. If edwards doesn't get hot. JP takes the ball back. Hell if edwards plays good. He will keep playing
Great job avoiding the dreaded run-on sentence.

RedEyE
09-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Great job avoiding the dreaded run-on sentence.

:rofl:

PECKERWOOD
09-25-2007, 07:39 PM
I see 8 in the box all day versus Lynch unless Edwards can prove that he can beat them outside.

CuseJetsFan83
09-26-2007, 05:54 AM
the jets may have given up quite a few yards to ronnie brown, but do remember that was also during the fins comeback, when the jets were playing too soft later on in the 3rd and 4th quarters.....

their team average rush d wise is about 120-125 yds........ 50 yards better than buffalo........

honestly if lynch has a good day i could see him getting 150 on our soft rush d, but taht depends if the defensive line can penetrate across or not. if edwards is in for a long day that could hinder lynch.

if edwards has a breakout kinda day....... i could see lynch pulling a 100rush/70+ receiving

the initial 3-5 series both ways will show if its a d struggle, or an offensive shootout ala cincy/cleveland.

forecast is supposed to be low 70's and sunny, so maybe the football gods can take it easy on both of our respective teams....... may the best team win, and really i do hope both teams can go thru injury free

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-26-2007, 06:15 AM
It might be a little harder for Lynch because I am sure the Jets will gameplan to make Edwards beat them or Nall....whoever is starting

LT, Nall only sees the field if Edwards has a cranial anurism and falls over dead.