• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

We've got a bigger problem now

This season was supposed to be one where our young defenders developed and started coming into their own.

Simpson was out of position a lot last year but definitely showed some promise- now, he's missing crucial development time and will likely pick up next season where he left off at the end of last season: more mistakes.

I wasn't thrilled with Ellison last year but the fact remains that he wasn't awful and only stood to get better- now he's missing time and likely won't be coming into his own until late this season.

Posluzny was doing well in the running game and making tackles but struggling in pass coverage- well, much like McCargo, he's missing his rookie year and will likely start next season with little noticable improvement over last season.

Hargrove was showing a lot of promise as a DE but now the process of evolving in the position is slowed by the suspension. Same goes for Wire at LB.

Long story short, a lot of our young guys or guys who switched positions on D are missing valuable experience, which will only extend the time it takes this D to "gel".
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: We've got a bigger problem now

Injuries suck
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

Agreed....Well at least our young DTs are getting valuable experience. It is also becoming evident McCargo is getting better and Williams is not NFL material.
      Sure sucks having 5 out of 7 opening day starters at LB and secondary out with injuries.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Injuries will kill a team, but a blessing in disguise is that if healthy this team probably at best is 8-8, now we will draft in the Top 5 and get the best of every round to fix the problems!
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• B-DON
          hi
          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by bigbub2352
          Injuries will kill a team, but a blessing in disguise is that if healthy this team probably at best is 8-8, now we will draft in the Top 5 and get the best of every round to fix the problems!

What Bills team are you watching? You might want to switch it to Hi-Def.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
            Injuries suck

yes it does.unfortunately,we have to deal with it.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

ok, guys are injured....let them heal, add some pieces and pick right up next year...if you cry about it it only gets worse...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
                Defies all logic
                • Oct 2006

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                yes it does.unfortunately,we have to deal with it.

Your post is a waste of flesh.

Comment

• mikemac2001
                  is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by B-DON
                  What Bills team are you watching? You might want to switch it to Hi-Def.
                  Maybe read....he said we would be 8-8 at the best never said 8-8

MUCK
                  FIAMI

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    ok, guys are injured....let them heal, add some pieces and pick right up next year...if you cry about it it only gets worse...
                    I'm not crying about it- I'm simply discussing the fact that we're losing a ton of development time for these young guys and it's only going to hurt us down the road, most likely well into next season.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G. Host
                      Banned
                      • Jul 2002

I hope POZ will stick around during season like McCargo did and learn the NFL game. He needs to raise his football IQ while he heals.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                        • Mar 2004

I never thought I'd say this, but thankfully, Wire, Ellison and Hargrove will all be back soon.

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

You know what really sucks about the defensive injuries is now it will be tougher to stop McGahee when he comes here. I was looking forward to Poz hitting McGahee into next week. Now he is playing a patchwork defense at best and will have a productive day.

Comment

Working...
                          X