PDA

View Full Version : WE Can Turn it around in 08, My 10 man plan

bigbub2352
09-25-2007, 08:47 AM
Well i figured i would write this with all the doom and gloom we will face the rest of the season, i wanted to give some people some hope, and i know how everyone feels the last 7 years, but i really do think we have some solid pieces of the puzzle in place to actually make big strides next year and here's why:
We have 10 draft picks, gives us leverage and ability to move around, also should be drafting in the top 5 so we can trade out or stay pat and get a real stud my pick is DT Dorsey from LSU

We need to be active in FA, and add at least 3 starters, and at least 3-4 depth players

Here is the breakdown
QB- Losman, Nall, Edwards- someone will emerge from this next year may it be LOsman(doubt it) or Edwards

RB- Lynch, Wright, Jackson- Were are set here, add a UDFA or late round pick for depth

H-Back- Nuefeld is a bum, he provides nothing other than a body, get a real H-back in here someone who can block and catch and run routes and pick up blitzs, not someone who puts his head down and hits the first person he sees, we need a real one here, Nuefeld was cut by 3 teams before he stuck here, and now he is a starter for the first time at 31 not at his natural postion impressive, good job Fairchild, why wouldnt u just keep a FB then

WR- Parrish, Evans- Here is were the plan starts those are the only 2 worth keeping, add a Big possesion reciever in the draft or FA, and get some real prospects in here or Vets that can round out the other 2 spots, Price-Reed-Aiken need to go

TE- Royal, and Gaines are solid at 2 and 3 for TE, he need to add a real recieveing TE by the 3rd round of the draft or FA

OL- Dockery, Butler, Walker, Peters, Fowler- all signed and all young they will only get better, depth players will need to be added draft or FA, and an upgrade of Fowler with a mid day draft pick would be ideal

K-Lindell-fine
P-moorman-fine
LS-Neil-fine

CB- McGee, Greer, Thomas, Youboty- all solid need a number 1 CB- either draft early or FA

DT- McCargo and Williams- we need someone to start next to promising McCargo and Williams is solid depth, Triplett, Jefferson, and Timmy need to be gone 1st round pick should be used here, and go get Vet to give good depth

DE-Kelsay, Schobel, Denney, Hargrove, Neil solid plus Bryant prospect no need to do much here

S-Simpson, Whitner, Wendling, solid depth here probably keep Leonard in the mix or Scott they need to maybe use a late round pick on a backup or bring in a solid vet back up

LB- Ellison, Poz, Crowell, Digorgio- We need to add a starter here from FA, a guy like Karlos Dansby from AZ, then Ellison and Digoigio becoma depth and ST, get rid of do nothings Stamer, Wire, Haggan, maybe keep Joe around see what he does

If u add it all up with our cap space and draft picks and were we are drafting, we should be able to right the ship fairly quickly, but we also need a major commitment from our front office, i think it is time for Levy to step aside and DJ and his cordinators to be replaced with real coaches, like Martz, Sherman, Cowher, Haslett, and get real proven cordinators in here, most of the postion coaches are solid and so is April,
So we need a number 1 CB, OLB, 2 DT, TE, 3 WR, 2 OL, and a S and out of that bunch only 4 starters, a number 2 WR, Lb, DT, and CB

Hope this helps!:surrender

don137
09-25-2007, 08:52 AM
Two major problems....Getting the right free agents and not just roster fillers to come here not to mention Ralph ponying up the cash to make it happen.
In all seriousness why would a player choose Buffalo over other franchises unless they overpaid for their services. Buffalo isn't really making a case for FAs to want to come to play for a chance to win a championship.

bigbub2352
09-25-2007, 08:55 AM
Two major problems....Getting the right free agents and not just roster fillers to come here not to mention Ralph ponying up the cash to make it happen.
In all seriousness why would a player choose Buffalo over other franchises unless they overpaid for their services. Buffalo isn't really making a case for FAs to want to come to play for a chance to win a championship.

I agree with u, but when TD was the GM Ralph spent, and he needs to do it again, FAs were flocking here, if u pay them they will come, and they will sign, they could give a **** about were they play it is all about the bejamins

Mahdi
09-25-2007, 08:58 AM
You make the point that we have 10 draft picks which is why I dont think we should go out and spend money on FAs. Keep the picks and keep the cap space for our own guys. I agree with Dorsey as our first pick. After that we should go WR in the second round. We have 2 #3s so we can either use them to trade up for a solid receiving TE or keep both and go TE and LB. I think we are ok at CB. When all the pieces are in place and we are getting consistent pressure on QBs then McGee and Youboty will shine. With our 4th rounder we can go Center or CB for depth for CB or replacement for Fowler. Rest of the picks for depth on OL, LB and DT.

Static
09-25-2007, 09:04 AM
2001 - there is always next year.
2002 - there is always next year.
2003 - there is always next year.
2004 - there is always next year.
2005 - there is always next year.
2006 - there is always next year.
2007 - there is always next year.

that's been the motto for us fo awhile too. :cry:

PECKERWOOD
09-25-2007, 09:40 AM
Why get rid of Tripplett? He is locked up for like 5 years and he is getting paid peanuts.. He at the very least is a good backup/rotational player, same goes for Williams. I wouldn't mind seeing our 1st rounder spent on a stud DT like Dorsey or a shutdown CB.

Mahdi
09-25-2007, 09:51 AM
Why get rid of Tripplett? He is locked up for like 5 years and he is getting paid peanuts.. He at the very least is a good backup/rotational player, same goes for Williams. I wouldn't mind seeing our 1st rounder spent on a stud DT like Dorsey or a shutdown CB.
Tripplett is not a starter. He expends too much energy on running downs which makes him ineffective on passing downs. Bring in a Tommie Harris type like Dorsey and use Tripps to spell McCargo.

PECKERWOOD
09-25-2007, 09:53 AM
Tripplett is not a starter. He expends too much energy on running downs which makes him ineffective on passing downs. Bring in a Tommie Harris type like Dorsey and use Tripps to spell McCargo.

Not sure if you read anything that I posted.

That's the thing.. Tripplett is already getting paid backup money, why not just keep him as solid depth? Same could be said for Kyle Williams. McCargo has looked good and he would look even better with Dorsey starting next to him. McCargo + Dorsey + rotating Tripplett and Williams in = nasty DT depth.

bigbub2352
09-25-2007, 10:05 AM

That's the thing.. Tripplett is already getting paid backup money, why not just keep him as solid depth? Same could be said for Kyle Williams. McCargo has looked good and he would look even better with Dorsey starting next to him. McCargo + Dorsey + rotating Tripplett and Williams in = nasty DT depth.
I could see keeping Triplett but at almost 2 million a year, he needs to show why we signed him in the first place, i almost think he would be better at DE, but it would be one less guy to worry about when drafting or signing players

Mahdi
09-25-2007, 10:08 AM

I read your post and agree,,,, I was just adding to it.

Bufftp
09-25-2007, 10:18 AM
Cash to Cap equals Crap.
I am convinced as long as we stay rigidly to the above plan of managing the cap we are doomed.

PECKERWOOD
09-25-2007, 10:19 AM
I read your post and agree,,,, I was just adding to it.

Thank you and sorry if I misinterpreted anything.

Mahdi
09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
Thank you and sorry if I misinterpreted anything.
Its all good.

Elminster
09-25-2007, 10:24 AM
QB- Losman, Nall, Edwards- someone will emerge from this next year may it be Losman(doubt it) or Edwards
Isn't JP's contract up after this year? I doubt he'd be willing to return unless Fairchild at minimum is gone. In which case, we should sign a veteran back-up.

RB- Lynch, Wright, Jackson- Were are set here, add a UDFA or late round pick for depth
Set indeed.

WR- Parrish, Evans- Here is were the plan starts those are the only 2 worth keeping, add a Big possesion reciever in the draft or FA, and get some real prospects in here or Vets that can round out the other 2 spots, Price-Reed-Aiken need to go
Keep Josh Reed. He's good, or did you miss last year? But we definitely need a big posession receiver.

TE- Royal, and Gaines are solid at 2 and 3 for TE, he need to add a real recieveing TE by the 3rd round of the draft or FA
Right, because ready-to-play receiving TEs are just lying around in the 3rd, waiting for us to take them? We'd be talking investing a 2nd, not a 3rd, in all likelihood.

OL- Dockery, Butler, Walker, Peters, Fowler- all signed and all young they will only get better, depth players will need to be added draft or FA, and an upgrade of Fowler with a mid day draft pick would be ideal
Mid-day picks don't typically start right away, even over mediocre players.

K-Lindell-fine
P-moorman-fine
LS-Neil-fine

CB- McGee, Greer, Thomas, Youboty- all solid need a number 1 CB- either draft early or FA
Too early to say on this, don't you think? Youboty and especially Greer have played well...it is possible that one of them could emerge as a #1 corner and make this entirely superflous.

DT- McCargo and Williams- we need someone to start next to promising McCargo and Williams is solid depth, Triplett, Jefferson, and Timmy need to be gone 1st round pick should be used here, and go get Vet to give good depth
Dorsey. Woot. Keep Triplett though, good depth and all that, and they match up to a position already(Williams for Dorsey, Trip for McCargo)

S-Simpson, Whitner, Wendling, solid depth here probably keep Leonard in the mix or Scott they need to maybe use a late round pick on a backup or bring in a solid vet back up
Easier said than done. I'm okay with just keeping the guys we have and devoloping them...

LB- Ellison, Poz, Crowell, Digorgio- We need to add a starter here from FA, a guy like Karlos Dansby from AZ, then Ellison and Digoigio becoma depth and ST, get rid of do nothings Stamer, Wire, Haggan, maybe keep Joe around see what he does
Now why would the Cards let him go? Furthermore, why would he want to leave Arizona, which looks like a potential contender, and play for US? Seriously, Ellison played well last year and he'll do that again this year, and we're good. In fact, we would be good, except no NFL roster is designed to cope with three injuries, two to starters....

Commentary in bold. What matters most is getting competent coaching...

Mahdi
09-25-2007, 10:26 AM
Cash to Cap equals Crap.
I am convinced as long as we stay rigidly to the above plan of managing the cap we are doomed.
I think keeping this cap system and continuing to draft well is what will contribute to our success in the future. The Colts are a perfect example. They are always able to re-sign their guys because they dont pay for FAs while at the same time replacing whoever they do lose with great draft picks.

bigbub2352
09-25-2007, 10:35 AM
QB- Losman, Nall, Edwards- someone will emerge from this next year may it be Losman(doubt it) or Edwards
Isn't JP's contract up after this year? I doubt he'd be willing to return unless Fairchild at minimum is gone. In which case, we should sign a veteran back-up.

Set indeed.

Keep Josh Reed. He's good, or did you miss last year? But we definitely need a big posession receiver.

Right, because ready-to-play receiving TEs are just lying around in the 3rd, waiting for us to take them? We'd be talking investing a 2nd, not a 3rd, in all likelihood.

Mid-day picks don't typically start right away, even over mediocre players.

K-Lindell-fine
P-moorman-fine
LS-Neil-fine

Too early to say on this, don't you think? Youboty and especially Greer have played well...it is possible that one of them could emerge as a #1 corner and make this entirely superflous.

Dorsey. Woot. Keep Triplett though, good depth and all that, and they match up to a position already(Williams for Dorsey, Trip for McCargo)

Easier said than done. I'm okay with just keeping the guys we have and devoloping them...

Now why would the Cards let him go? Furthermore, why would he want to leave Arizona, which looks like a potential contender, and play for US? Seriously, Ellison played well last year and he'll do that again this year, and we're good. In fact, we would be good, except no NFL roster is designed to cope with three injuries, two to starters....

Commentary in bold. What matters most is getting competent coaching...
JP's contract is up in 09, not next year
Yeah Josh Reed over the last 5 years has been a consistent weapon, and has been the staple of what a number 2 WR should be what did he have say 30 catches and 2 TDs i am sure Defense's are scared, and we overpaid to keep him in here, did u miss last year?
Actually, i am not oppossed to getting a TE in the Second round, U can aslo sign or trade for a vet as well, plus we already have Royal and Gaines if the kid take some time to develop
Actually C's are able to be found in the 3rd, fourth round, they constently slip out of the second round, read up on your drafts
I agree with u on the Safties, ala see comments on original thread, but if the right vet at the right price came along i wouldnt mind picking him up
Why would the Cards give up Dansby, i dunno, same reason we would give up Clements or same reason FA's leave there currrent teams ala Leonard Davis left AZ to go to Dallas, i was just using him as an example anyway, there will be others to look at and draft as well
But i do agree with u on the coaches, and i think some changes in the FO would be nice as well

Mahdi
09-25-2007, 10:47 AM

Actually you can find plenty of good receiving TEs in the 3rd and beyond.

Cooley 3rd
Witten 3rd
Sharpe 7th
Desmond Clark 6th
Eric Johnson 7th
Owen Daniels 4th
McMichael 4th
Scaife 6th
Spaeth 3rd

Bufftp
09-25-2007, 10:54 AM
I think keeping this cap system and continuing to draft well is what will contribute to our success in the future. The Colts are a perfect example. They are always able to re-sign their guys because they dont pay for FAs while at the same time replacing whoever they do lose with great draft picks.

The colts don't use the cash to cap system. They spend dollars responsibly, but still use bonuses and amortize them. This cash cap is going to limit us severely in rebuilding this team, especially after what we overspent on the O-Line and the two DE’s.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

blackonyx89
09-25-2007, 10:55 AM
As long as you got a crappy coach like Jauron, no matter who you bring in,he's going to screw it up!!!

:blowup:

Mahdi
09-25-2007, 10:57 AM
The colts don't use the cash to cap system. They spend dollars responsibly, but still use bonuses and amortize them. This cash cap is going to limit us severely in rebuilding this team, especially after what we overspent on the O-Line and the two DE’s.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Whether they use cash to cap or not is irrelevant. They dont spend money on FAs. And if we are using cash to cap its so that we spend responsibly as well, which usually means more focus on draft and less on FAs which is the way it should be.

bigbub2352
09-25-2007, 11:08 AM
Whether they use cash to cap or not is irrelevant. They dont spend money on FAs. And if we are using cash to cap its so that we spend responsibly as well, which usually means more focus on draft and less on FAs which is the way it should be.
u also have to look into our talent evaluaters, giving huge contracts to guys like Royal, Triplett, Denney, Reed, Fowler, Kelsay and now Schobels EXT, they are obviously willing to give out deals, also Extending Peters, Crowell, and McGee, and the deal that Nall signed was lucrative for someone never playing a down in the NFL, we just gotta spend the money on the right players this time

HHURRICANE
09-25-2007, 12:04 PM
Our DE's suck. The fact that they both got extended just tells you that there is no fix insight.

We would rather re-sign our garbage. Our entire D is horrible. We are not one or two players away.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2007, 12:59 PM
I think you're basically right, bb. If we can get our injured guys healthy, and add a good DT, WR, CB, TE and a little depth at LB, we'll be in the playoffs next year.

bigbub2352
09-25-2007, 01:01 PM
Our DE's suck. The fact that they both got extended just tells you that there is no fix insight.

We would rather re-sign our garbage. Our entire D is horrible. We are not one or two players away.
I said 10 players!lol i agree with u on the DEs Schobel is a pash rusher and got paid for it, Kalsay was a bad signing but they will be better with Denney and Hargrove switching them, just saying it is one spot we dont have to draft next year

Jan Reimers
09-25-2007, 01:10 PM

Actually, HH, I often agree with you, but I don't think our D is that far away. Kelsay and Schobel are good DEs, and they'll be better when Denney and Hargrove come back to give them some relief. Williams is a hard worker and McCargo is showing some good signs. Triplett is seviceable.

I think we need one more big DT and a good CB, and the rest is a matter of getting Simpson, Ellison, McGee, Posluszny, Wire et. al. healthy.

BSU Drew
09-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Why the hell dont we draft a good QB? Obviously we need to let Losman go and if Edwards steps up then we are in the position of San Diego a couple years back. WIN WIN.. If we get a good QB we can start focusing on our Defense.

Oaf
09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
We definitely need to keep Reed, cut Royal, and add a stud CB and then a WR in rounds 1 then 2 followed by LB or DT help round 3. That would be solid.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2007, 02:18 PM
Why the hell dont we draft a good QB? Obviously we need to let Losman go and if Edwards steps up then we are in the position of San Diego a couple years back. WIN WIN.. If we get a good QB we can start focusing on our Defense.
We have two good QBs now, Drew. We need far more help at DT, WR, TE and CB, and depth at a few more positions.

BTW, Bledsoe is not coming back.

Jan Reimers
09-25-2007, 02:21 PM
We definitely need to keep Reed, cut Royal, and add a stud CB and then a WR in rounds 1 then 2 followed by LB or DT help round 3. That would be solid.
Why cut Royal, who would is a good blocking TE, and would be an excellent compliment to a pass catching TE?

bigbub2352
09-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Anyway u look at it we need upgrades, if everyone wants to kep the same guys on this team that have contributed to our losing seasons for the last 7 years, argue away, but Reed, Price and Aiken can all be replaced easily, Triplett Anderson and Jefferson can be replaced easily, Stamer and Haggan and Scobey are roster fillers and dont provide much depth ie whats happening right now, we have held on to guys like him and Nuefeld and they all need to be upgraded there really is no arguement

Bmax
09-25-2007, 10:11 PM
Dorsey is not the nt dt we need to replace Williams as a starter.. He would replace Triplett and Mccargo would move over to play the nose position..

Bmax

djjimkelly
09-25-2007, 11:31 PM

or we need a serious scheme changing which im very much for ive seen enough of this cover 2 ****

Elminster
09-25-2007, 11:36 PM
or we need a serious scheme changing which im very much for ive seen enough of this cover 2 ****
How would changing schemes help us? If you have poor talent, you have a poor defense. It doesn't matter what scheme you play...
Bad talent=bad defense
Good talent= good defense
Most of the super bowl winners the past few years have run some form of the cover-2, and many of the super bowl losers have as well. The Tampa-2 is a good scheme, we're just down a ton of starters and play much too conservatively. It is supposed to be an attacking scheme....

djjimkelly
09-25-2007, 11:37 PM
i have a simple plan for next years team

hire rex ryan as bills next coach

sign nmadi asomugha to whatever he wants!!!!!

draft limas sweed

sign another real OLB dont really care who havent looked at list but it dont have to be a briggs type we already dropped the mother load on raiders CB

FIGURE SOMETHING OUT AT THE TE POSITION ANYTHING BUT THE ****HEADS WE HAVE I WOULD RELEASE HALF OF THEM on current roster we dont need that many TE's

SCRAP THE GAY H BACK POSITION and get a real FB or start running 3 wr sets a hell of alot more

and something needs to be done at DT not sure what whether its draft or FA triplett is fine but williams and anderson can both GO

cut reed or price dont care which one and let sam aiken become unemployed becuz he aint cracking anyones roster except ours

djjimkelly
09-25-2007, 11:40 PM
How would changing schemes help us? If you have poor talent, you have a poor defense. It doesn't matter what scheme you play...
Bad talent=bad defense
Good talent= good defense
Most of the super bowl winners the past few years have run some form of the cover-2, and many of the super bowl losers have as well. The Tampa-2 is a good scheme, we're just down a ton of starters and play much too conservatively. It is supposed to be an attacking scheme....

we dont blitz at all count em 5 1 man blitzes last sunday. cover 2 scheme requires a perfect D line for the scheme and we dont have that on our roster. cover 2 requires 4 down lineman to rush qb and im sorry this method will never beat the leaders of our division

jamze132
09-26-2007, 05:53 AM
Since we have so many draft picks next year, and we will be a top 5 pick, I would trade some picks for established players who can make a difference. The Pat's gave up a 4th round pick for Moss who is arguably the best receiver in the AFC so far. I would just rather trade picks for someone established than hope that you can draft someone who can play up to that level.

And no I'm not talking about pulling a Redskin, but how is it going to hurt if we trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a starter who is 10 times better than anyone we currently have? You could really lock down one position like DT, CB, or LB by doing that.

Mahdi
09-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Since we have so many draft picks next year, and we will be a top 5 pick, I would trade some picks for established players who can make a difference. The Pat's gave up a 4th round pick for Moss who is arguably the best receiver in the AFC so far. I would just rather trade picks for someone established than hope that you can draft someone who can play up to that level.

And no I'm not talking about pulling a Redskin, but how is it going to hurt if we trade a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a starter who is 10 times better than anyone we currently have? You could really lock down one position like DT, CB, or LB by doing that.
Because it's always better to draft your own guys. They come in young and grow with your team. I think getting Poz was much better than going out and getting Trottier or something dont you?

Elminster
09-26-2007, 07:51 AM
we dont blitz at all count em 5 1 man blitzes last sunday. cover 2 scheme requires a perfect D line for the scheme and we dont have that on our roster. cover 2 requires 4 down lineman to rush qb and im sorry this method will never beat the leaders of our division
A perfect dline? What makes you say that? Why do we need a perfect dline? Need I remind you that the Indianapolis Colts and their Tampa-2 defense have been beating the Patriots of late? I see some many posters wax nostalgic over the 3-4 or the base 4-3 we played, but we were good because we had great talent. Can you tell me that Ted Washington wasn't one of the best nose tackles in the NFL? Are you going to argue with me that guys like Antoine Winfield weren't good? I keep hearing how the Tampa-2 needs more talent than other systems, but I never hear anyone back it up. More recently, are you going to deny that Sam Adams and Pat Williams were great players? Hell, Pat still is. The truth of the matter is that everything is in place EXCEPT a second competent DT(McCargo is presumably the first, as he does everything he's supposed to and well). Right now, we're running that 3-4 without Mount Washington or that 4-3 without Fat Pat. And those systems would've/did look as bad as this one when we were missing that ONE key component. And that's not even getting started on the horrible rash of injuries.

Oh...and what CB could we get with 2nd-round pick that would be worthwhile? Name names....

djjimkelly
09-26-2007, 08:49 AM
A perfect dline? What makes you say that? Why do we need a perfect dline? Need I remind you that the Indianapolis Colts and their Tampa-2 defense have been beating the Patriots of late? I see some many posters wax nostalgic over the 3-4 or the base 4-3 we played, but we were good because we had great talent. Can you tell me that Ted Washington wasn't one of the best nose tackles in the NFL? Are you going to argue with me that guys like Antoine Winfield weren't good? I keep hearing how the Tampa-2 needs more talent than other systems, but I never hear anyone back it up. More recently, are you going to deny that Sam Adams and Pat Williams were great players? Hell, Pat still is. The truth of the matter is that everything is in place EXCEPT a second competent DT(McCargo is presumably the first, as he does everything he's supposed to and well). Right now, we're running that 3-4 without Mount Washington or that 4-3 without Fat Pat. And those systems would've/did look as bad as this one when we were missing that ONE key component. And that's not even getting started on the horrible rash of injuries.

Oh...and what CB could we get with 2nd-round pick that would be worthwhile? Name names....

look i agree with you 100% add back antoine winfield pat williams and nate clements on this roster and we have a defense whatever scheme we running however add those players change the scheme now we are talking!!!!!! see i dont have an issue with letting go fletcher and spikes and adams,

HOWEVER just look at the home grown talent we drafted and made into solid players in this league and let go that will answer our defensive woes regardless of scheme. however we keep those guys those 3 guys specifically we dont change scheme to this crap tampa 2.

and colts beat pats in a shootout last year in playoffs it sure wasnt the tampa 2 that beat the pats

Elminster
09-26-2007, 09:35 AM
look i agree with you 100% add back antoine winfield pat williams and nate clements on this roster and we have a defense whatever scheme we running however add those players change the scheme now we are talking!!!!!! see i dont have an issue with letting go fletcher and spikes and adams,

HOWEVER just look at the home grown talent we drafted and made into solid players in this league and let go that will answer our defensive woes regardless of scheme. however we keep those guys those 3 guys specifically we dont change scheme to this crap tampa 2.

and colts beat pats in a shootout last year in playoffs it sure wasnt the tampa 2 that beat the pats Seems to me that the Colts must've put up quite a few unanswered points to come back from...a what? 16 point deficit? Their D must've done something right to prevent a Pats comback too. Obviously, you have no intention of answering my argument. It isn't the fault of the Tampa 2 that our staff seems unwilling to execute it as it is designed to be executed, nor is it the scheme's fault we have been gutted by injuries that would reduce all but the Bears and Pats to ineptitude. I have no problem with them having changed our defensive scheme: the core of our defense was too old to still be good by the time the offense was ready to make a run. So we blew it up. It would an entirely different thing, if...say...LFB, Spikes, Fat Sam, etc. had been in their primes....but they weren't...

bigbub2352
09-26-2007, 09:41 AM
Cover 2 is tricky, cause the Bears say they run it but i think it is more a Zone blitz scheme, that we had when Dick Lebeau was here, the COver 2 in my opinion sucks, the only reason the Colts won was cause of Wayne, Harrison, Adai, Clark, and ummmmmmm Peyton ****ing Manning, not cause of Booger and Marlon Jackson, any D cordinator in the league would have dropped us back to a regular 4-3 scheme and be as basicas possible, not giving WR 10yds from the line of scrimage and having a 4 yard gap between the DTs on obvious run situations, Fewell dont know what he is doing

PECKERWOOD
09-26-2007, 10:14 AM

I think this would just set us back further.

jamze132
09-27-2007, 02:29 AM
Because it's always better to draft your own guys. They come in young and grow with your team. I think getting Poz was much better than going out and getting Trottier or something dont you?
Check it out stud, do you honestly think Trottier is the type of player I was talking about? I don't think Trottier is worth a 6th rounder. Of course I know why we draft our own guys but how is it going to hurt to trade a prospect for an established veteran? There are no gaurantees with draft picks but if you are getting a guy who is consistently good, and is semi young, what's the harm?

Mahdi
09-27-2007, 10:05 AM
Check it out stud, do you honestly think Trottier is the type of player I was talking about? I don't think Trottier is worth a 6th rounder. Of course I know why we draft our own guys but how is it going to hurt to trade a prospect for an established veteran? There are no gaurantees with draft picks but if you are getting a guy who is consistently good, and is semi young, what's the harm?
I would just rather save the cap space to re-sign our own. We have 10 picks that we can use to fill holes with. Especially since we have 2 3rds this year. We can either keep them or turn them into a second. You bring in an established vet that means yer paying him good money. Thats good money you can pay to one of your rising players who are already familiar with your system. Example, the Colts lose Thornton, June, Harper, David, Tripplett, Doss, Reagor, DeMulling, Glenn, Stokely, Pollard, James and Rhodes. Every single one of them was replaced by a draft pick. The only FAs they brought in over the years was McFarland and Simon. Simon is gone and after McFarland went down they didnt panic, they inserted a rookie who is currently starting. Now when one of their guys who is key to the team is a FA they can afford to keep him.

jamze132
09-28-2007, 01:32 AM
I would just rather save the cap space to re-sign our own. We have 10 picks that we can use to fill holes with. Especially since we have 2 3rds this year. We can either keep them or turn them into a second. You bring in an established vet that means yer paying him good money. Thats good money you can pay to one of your rising players who are already familiar with your system. Example, the Colts lose Thornton, June, Harper, David, Tripplett, Doss, Reagor, DeMulling, Glenn, Stokely, Pollard, James and Rhodes. Every single one of them was replaced by a draft pick. The only FAs they brought in over the years was McFarland and Simon. Simon is gone and after McFarland went down they didnt panic, they inserted a rookie who is currently starting. Now when one of their guys who is key to the team is a FA they can afford to keep him.
I understand what you are saying but Bill Polian isn't in Buffalo anymore. He's in Indianapolis now. That's the reason they were able to replace all the guys you mentioned through the draft. Yeah we have had a few good picks but more than anything we draft guys like Tim Anderson, Terrance Pennington, Mike Williams, Willis McGahee. Not exactly going to win you a championship eh?

We have a buttload of cap space so don't play the "we need the money to sign out own players" stuff. Yes we do, but when we are paying over $75 million for 1.5 sacks, it's money wasted. Might as well spend that money on results and not dreams. IMO

henrybacker
09-28-2007, 06:35 AM
triplett's "peanuts" (5yr 18M) ?

Walker got 5 yr 25M from chicago, would that be peanuts with some cheese?

Bottom line: Tripplet is garbage.