X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Maintaining Morale

"You've got to try winning with what you've got," said Kelsay. "I still have confidence in the guys we have out on the field. The bad thing about it is we had guys playing out of position. We had a safety playing corner and the linebackers were all mixed in at different positions last week. Anytime that happens it makes it awfully tough on your team."

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: Maintaining Morale

" We have 2 defensive ends making huge amounts of money who haven't done anything "

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      " We have 2 defensive ends making huge amounts of money who haven't done anything "
      There are two ways that teams fail: being cheap about players, and giving large amounts of money to the wrong players.

Although the two would appear to be mutually exclusive, somehow the Bills have found a way to do both.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
        "You've got to try winning with what you've got," said Kelsay. "I still have confidence in the guys we have out on the field. The bad thing about it is we had guys playing out of position. We had a safety playing corner and the linebackers were all mixed in at different positions last week. Anytime that happens it makes it awfully tough on your team."

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5297
        I'm glad their morale is up, because you won't find any on this site.
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mybills
          and rightfully so.

The coaching is terrible. The offense is inexplicably bad, we're riddled with injuries (including Poz, who was one of the few bright spots) and we're LAST in the league in both OFFENSE and DEFENSE.

There is absolutely no reason to feel good about this team right now. It's an unmitigated disaster.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
            and rightfully so.

The coaching is terrible. The offense is inexplicably bad, we're riddled with injuries (including Poz, who was one of the few bright spots) and we're LAST in the league in both OFFENSE and DEFENSE.

There is absolutely no reason to feel good about this team right now. It's an unmitigated disaster.
            THEY'RE. That's why I'm glad their morale is up.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

Originally posted by mybills
              It becomes very hard week after week to stay positive when the team isn't doing anything to improve.

I was optimistic at the beginning of the season but I'm already sick of what's going on.

Each Sunday I have to watch opposing teams just walk up and down the field with no effort at all meanwhile the Bills offense just plain sucks and won't get the ball to the two best players on the team.

It's hard to watch and we as fans have a right to be upset. Especially the fans who buy tickets and merchandise that goes into Ralph's pocket.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I'm going to the game on Sunday firmly believing we can beat the Jets.

I'm really glad I'll never have to be with some of you when the chips are down. Instead of trying to turn things around, some of you would just *****, pout and give up.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

I'm really glad I'll never have to be with some of you when the chips are down. Instead of trying to turn things around, some of you would just *****, pout and give up.
                  I also believe the Bills can beat the Jets.

It's not neccessarily giving up. It's called not being ok with mediocrity.

Honestly, as long as the games sell out and the merchandise sells I don't see any motivation for them to change things around.

If I only have so much money and someone says I can go to a Bills game or a Sabres game, I'm probably leaning towards the Sabres because I know I'll see a winning product.

D & S Sports

Comment

• OpIv37
                    Acid Douching Asswipe
                    • Sep 2002

I'm really glad I'll never have to be around some of you who never seem capable of accepting reality. If the house was burning down around you, you'd start roasting marshmallows and talk about how much money you're saving on the heating bill.

BTW, if we "gave up", why are we still here discussing the team? Why do we still watch the games? I don't think you fully understand what "giving up" means.
                    MiKiDo Facebook
                    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mybills
                      81 st zoner
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by RockStar36
                      It's called not being ok with mediocrity.
                      I'm not ok with the injuries. That's more important, and it's also one of the biggest reasons for them being mediocre. Forget you & me for a second. Do you think they don't know their mediocre? There's no sense in even arguing about it. They know they have to keep fighting, and that's all that matters.

And I don't mean to take this out on you, RS. I'm talking to everyone who keeps pissing and moaning about "WE THE FANS" bs when it's the TEAM that's hurting more than we are...literally & figuratively!

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

After a win, promise them all a thin mint.
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                          Will not tolerate vandalism.
                          • Apr 2006

How can we as fans turn things around? The Old Boys Club is not going to accept our GM or coach applications, and let's face it, the vast majority of us aren't physically gifted enough to be a player. They won't even listen to what we have to say, as Marv said, "if you listen to the fans, you end up sitting with them." Pretty much all we can do is *****, pout and moan-- it's our only release.

That and holding back our money from this team and turning off our TVs and radios. Something you apparently refuse to do.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

The loyal fans have every right to *****.We suck.

I too would never give up even if it's not logical. I guess it's the competitor in me.

the ones I find weird are the ones who find it funny to make fun of the team when they're down , and then say they're loyal fans.

They know who they are. I can quote their posts but why bother.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                              BTW, if we "gave up", why are we still here discussing the team? Why do we still watch the games? I don't think you fully understand what "giving up" means.
                              Some people are arround so that "they can say I told you so" .Not talking about you in this instance however.
                              sacrifice1

Comment

Working...
                              X