PDA

View Full Version : Whittle possibly out for season

TacklingDummy
09-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Sorry if posted already.

Bills | Whittle possibly out for season
Tue, 25 Sep 2007 11:36:08 -0700

Buffalo Bills OG Jason Whittle (hamstring) is likely out at least eight weeks and could be out for the rest of the reason with a hamstring injury.

gr8slayer
09-25-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm seriously starting to wonder what the deal is with all the injuries this year around the league. There must be some sort of a record going.

shelby
09-25-2007, 02:52 PM
:curse:ing brutal.

Who is active on our roster right now?
:ill:

DraftBoy
09-25-2007, 02:53 PM
ummm.......Preston

:couch:

OpIv37
09-25-2007, 02:56 PM
it never ****ing ends for this team.

don137
09-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Guys are getting bigger and faster every year. As a result there is greater impacts and the human body can absorb only so much.

Forward_Lateral
09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
Jesus ****ing Christ.

M
09-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Dropping like flies.

gr8slayer
09-25-2007, 03:24 PM
We're just too weak, slow, and small. These other teams are freaking mauling us.

cocamide
09-25-2007, 04:08 PM
Is it January yet? Let's get this **** over with.

Michael82
09-25-2007, 04:23 PM
We're just too weak, slow, and small. These other teams are freaking mauling us.
I was thinking the same thing. It most likely has to do with our size. Or maybe the Bills players are matched up with guys that are much better than them and are getting mauled and manhandled that way.... :idunno:

raphael120
09-25-2007, 04:31 PM
Tons of players around the league are getting bad injuries (McAllister, McNair, I heard Hinds Ward is now too), it's just the Bills are the ones with most of them, and on defense its no wonder because I'm sure our defense is on the field longer than any other defense in the league. The more time theyre on the field, the longer you get body fatigue and your tackling form gets worse as your body is just exhausted and overexerted.

MikeInRoch
09-25-2007, 04:34 PM
Name me one other team with as many long term injuries as ours. Just one.

MikeInRoch
09-25-2007, 04:37 PM
And the 'fatigue' issue hardly explains Whittle. Really, there's no evidence to support that assertion - it's just the need for people to explain bad luck.

raphael120
09-25-2007, 04:39 PM

I worded it wrong, but yeah, there is no team with as many injuries as ours, but in relation to another post, it is a freak year for a lot of injuries league wide, and the Bills are just the unluckiest team in the world. Not only do we have a bunch of the common out for a game or 2 injuries, but we're being stuck with season ending ones and 3-5 week ones. it's rediculous!

I mean...we have YET to have a game where everyone who played comes out healthy, and I do believe that has something to do with conditioning. I highly doubt it's all coinicidence...you know?

Jan Reimers
09-25-2007, 04:42 PM
I think it's just bad luck, and a lot of it. The guys who have gotten hurt are not too weak, small or slow - look at Poz, Simpson, Everett, Losman, Ellison, Wire, and Whittle. Webster is the only one who strikes me as seriosly undersized.

Ladies and gentlemen, sometimes things just happen. We've got to stop blaming conditioning, or coaching or the player himself (except for Everett's poor tackling technique.)

Let's stop pointing the finger of blame when it doesn't apply.

EDS
09-25-2007, 04:49 PM
I think it's just bad luck, and a lot of it. The guys who have gotten hurt are not too weak, small or slow - look at Poz, Simpson, Everett, Losman, Ellison, Wire, and Whittle. Webster is the only one who strikes me as seriosly undersized.

Ladies and gentlemen, sometimes things just happen. We've got to stop blaming conditioning, or coaching or the player himself (except for Everett's poor tackling technique.)

Let's stop pointing the finger of blame when it doesn't apply.

I disagree. I consider Webster, Ellison, Wire and Whittle to be undersized for the positions they play.

Losman is an injury waiting to happen because of his lack of pocket presence.

Presumably Poz and Everett are just freak injuries.

TigerJ
09-25-2007, 04:58 PM
Whittle has a torn hamstring. Those are pretty slow to heal, so I'm not surprised. I think Buffalo might add a linebacker before they add an offensive lineman.

Ebenezer
09-25-2007, 05:04 PM
the reason that so many players around the league are getting injured are that these guys are work out warriors...they are tightening muscles that would naturally be a little more loose which leads to tendons and ligaments that get strain on them naturally...the more stress and impact that are put on those already tight muscles, ligaments, tendons etc, then the easier they snap...combine that with the "bigger and faster every year" argument and you get more injuries.

gr8slayer
09-25-2007, 05:12 PM
St. Louis

raphael120
09-25-2007, 05:20 PM
Look at this from NFL.com, look at the injuries the Bears had, not as bad as ours but it's pretty rediculous too:

They lost former Pro Bowl safety Mike Brown and starting nose tackle Dusty Dvoracek (http://www.nfl.com/players/dustydvoracek/profile?id=DVO529722) to season-ending knee injuries in the opener at San Diego. And on Sunday, Bears were falling like dominoes.
Linebacker Lance Briggs (http://www.nfl.com/players/lancebriggs/profile?id=BRI150227) (groin), cornerback Nathan Vasher (http://www.nfl.com/players/nathanvasher/profile?id=VAS186880) (groin) and defensive tackle Tommie Harris (http://www.nfl.com/players/tommieharris/profile?id=HAR548445) (knee) all left the game with injuries. Offensive lineman Ruben Brown (http://www.nfl.com/players/rubenbrown/profile?id=BRO668610) suffered what was announced as a game-ending ankle injury, although he returned near the end.

MikeInRoch
09-25-2007, 05:32 PM
St. Louis

They have a fair amount, but I think we have more.

G. Host
09-25-2007, 11:38 PM
They have a fair amount, but I think we have more.

Quality or Quantity?

HHURRICANE
09-26-2007, 07:29 AM
Jason Whittle is done as a Bill. He had a one year deal and ended up as a backup. By the way wasn't this guy injury prone to begin with?

mybills
09-26-2007, 07:43 AM
It's pretty sad when both players in my desktop pic are injured. :ill:
http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/mybills/24.jpg

Mahdi
09-26-2007, 07:45 AM
Jason Whittle is done as a Bill. He had a one year deal and ended up as a backup. By the way wasn't this guy injury prone to begin with?
Yeah I think he's done too, they have Merz who has same ability and more potential.