PDA

View Full Version : One might safely assume Edwards knows the door is open..

Mitchy moo
09-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Trent has a chance to grab the starting position over the next few weeks. If he comes out and smokes the jets and the boys he'll never leave the spot. Trent Green went down and Kurt Warner came in and never left, looking at that we know Fairchild's MO.

Plan on Trent taking this very seriously.

BADTHINGSMAN
09-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Thats true that i could happen, and im sure Trent is taking it very serious, but remember the Rams had alot more weapons than the Bills do..

Buffatexas
09-25-2007, 09:41 PM
Why would he not take this chance seriously? And good comparison BTW using Green/Warner...Here is another, Bledsoe/Brady

I know three completely different teams, but hey Skoob, Love the optimism!!

Mitchy moo
09-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Thats true that i could happen, and im sure Trent is taking it very serious, but remember the Rams had alot more weapons than the Bills do..

Like a RB that has great hands or 2 WR that can fly?? We're there man.

Put Roscoe out on one side, Evans on the other and alternate lining Lynch from the backfield and the line and let Trent go to work.

im4bflo
09-25-2007, 11:36 PM
I hope Trent does great, I hope anybody does great!
Edwards will really have to shine, to keep the #1 job.
And if he can't do it against the Jets, then I think JP will be back when ready.
Edwards is playing the MNF game, what a stage to win it or lose it.
If he can get that O scoring points, he'll be the man, if he plays like a rookie,
then we'll see him a little later, with a little more experience under his belt.
GO BILLS!

Wraith
09-26-2007, 06:14 AM
Trent Green went down and Kurt Warner came in and never left, looking at that we know Fairchild's MO.

Once again....Steve Fairchild was with the Bills when this happened. Mike Martz was the Rams offensive coordinator and Dick Vermiel was their headcoach. It's time to realize there are very few things you can learn about Fairchild by looking at the Rams.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2007, 06:25 AM
Once again....Steve Fairchild was with the Bills when this happened. Mike Martz was the Rams offensive coordinator and Dick Vermiel was their headcoach. It's time to realize there are very few things you can learn about Fairchild by looking at the Rams.

Looking at successes from other franchises and the people that he trained with and knows Fairchild will not stray to far. The coaching apples never falls to far from the tree.

mybills
09-26-2007, 07:03 AM
You guys keep saying how great Billicheat is as a coach...even he says JP is better. He said Edwards is just a pocket passer, whereas JP is a dangerous athlete who can get out of trouble on his own. Kinda throws that theory out that NE39 has about Wilfork not wanting to hurt JP. :coocoo:

Mahdi
09-26-2007, 07:43 AM
I think the weapons are similar if they just start playing like they can. Evans, Parrish, Reed and Lynch are great weapons, not to mention an OL that is blocking well. Edwards is coming into a MUCH better situation than JP did when he first got here so I like his chances. His development shouldnt be hindered by those around him. I just wish we had a Shockey or Witten like Romo and Manning have. But its fine we have enough to get the job done.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2007, 10:42 AM
You guys keep saying how great Billicheat is as a coach...even he says JP is better. He said Edwards is just a pocket passer, whereas JP is a dangerous athlete who can get out of trouble on his own. Kinda throws that theory out that NE39 has about Wilfork not wanting to hurt JP. :coocoo:

Did you ever think BB might be saying that because he would rather play against JP than a more experienced Edwards?? BB does nothing but help his own fat ass, just remember that.

OpIv37
09-26-2007, 11:40 AM

JP is a dangerous athlete, but the Bills never use him as such. It's incredibly frustrating to play against a scrambling QB so I don't know why Fairchild insists on handcuffing JP. Oh well- it's irrelevant for the next couple weeks anyway.

MikeInRoch
09-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Keep in mind, tho, that Billicheat is often full of crap. For example, when he said it was really important to watch a lot of game film for the game against Buffalo...

bills_7
09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Trent is a crappy version of losman,, slower, less arm strength,, he might have more pose in the pocket,, but whn u only have a sec to throw its prb btr to run around like JP does

churchinski
09-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Trent is a crappy version of losman,, slower, less arm strength,, he might have more pose in the pocket,, but whn u only have a sec to throw its prb btr to run around like JP does

yeah that is why Losman has had so much success LOL

MikeInRoch
09-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Most of JP's problem this year is NOT that he doesn't have time to throw. The pass blocking has not been all that bad.

Whaler53
09-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Why would he not take this chance seriously? And good comparison BTW using Green/Warner...Here is another, Bledsoe/Brady

I know three completely different teams, but hey Skoob, Love the optimism!!

You know, I was thinking the same thing myself.

Its a good opportunity for Edwards, and it may just be what the Bills need to get something going.

DynaPaul
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Belicheat is right. JP IS better. Better for the Patriots to play against!

TheBrownBear
09-26-2007, 05:20 PM

I'd rather play against Brady and Manning than Vick and Losman. I mean, after all, Brady and Manning are just "pocket passers." Not the "dangerous athletes" like Vick and Losman.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2007, 06:04 PM
I'd rather play against Brady and Manning than Vick and Losman. I mean, after all, Brady and Manning are just "pocket passers." Not the "dangerous athletes" like Vick and Losman.

True.:bow:

SABURZFAN
09-26-2007, 07:22 PM
i hope Trent kicks the door down and Levy kicks Lossman's ass out of Buffalo.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2007, 07:35 PM
i hope Trent kicks the door down and Levy kicks Lossman's ass out of Buffalo.

So your not on the JPD?

SABURZFAN
09-26-2007, 08:09 PM
So your not on the JPD?

WHO??????? :huh: