• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bufftp
    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Looking forwad to Sunday?

I am. I think Marshawn is going to have a hell of a day against the Jets D.
    We are going to win!
    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
    to be led by permanent ideals -
    that is what keeps a man patient
    when the world ignores him,
    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

• Confused
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jun 2007

Re: Looking forwad to Sunday?

if willis could do it, lynch should have no problem

Comment

• TedMock
      • Jul 2002

I'm excited. I'll be home for my first game this year. I have 42 tickets for this one. Should be a great tailgate! I'll be there by 8:30 AM cooking sausage & eggs. At 11:30 we'll do the burgers, dogs, chicken, etc. 1:00 PM - Game time!! 4:30 PM, the grills come back out for more food. 6-6:30 we head out. Home? Bar? Family members place? Not sure.

This is a big reason I look forward to going to the games. Of course I hate watching the Bills lose. However, it's the total 10 hour experience that makes it worth the trip. Seeing my family & friends all in one place, having a good time, catching up is just as much part of the experience. I live in Virginia and keep my season tickets for this reason. I only make one or two games per year, but it's well worth the price of admission to me.

Yes, I can meet people at a house or bar just as easy, but it's just not the same. There's just something about being at a tailgate and walking into the game even when the team isn't very good.

I will concede that watching the games on TV every week is extremely frustrating, but I still watch. I still wear my Bills t-shirts when watching, I still look forward to seeing it live once a year, and I don't apologize for any of it. I'm proud to represent my team even when they suck. I don't blindly follow them or pretend that they're managed well. I know they're not. However, if I don't watch, I have no right to discuss the game as all I have to go on are the numbers in Monday's paper which tell me zero about the game. In the end, it's not JUST the Bills that make watching the team something. There's something about the brotherhood / sisterhood of being from western New York. They may suck, but they're OUR suck! I'll complain, don't get me wrong and I'm not happy with the play right now. However, I am looking forward to hopping a plane at the end of the week to head up to Buffalo. I'm looking forward to putting on my Bills hat and shirt. I'm looking forward to cracking open a beer before most people are awake. I'm looking forward to the unhealthy eating I'm going to do ALL DAY Sunday. I'm looking forward to complaining about the team with friends and family. I'm looking forward to debating over how well Trent Edwards will play and if he'll earn the starting job and about how good Lynch is going to be. I'm just looking forward to another Sunday of Bills football.

Comment

• Bufftp
        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Great Post!
        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

Comment

• realdealryan
          realdealrex
          • Nov 2005

Back to the Ralph for the first time since opening day '88. For me, I will finally know what it is like to go tailgating where I am not the minority. Not that Colts fans are bad (they are on my top 5 tamest NFL fans list), but, finally getting back to Buffalo should be awesome!

Comment

• mybills
            81 st zoner
            • Jul 2002

I'm going to the Bills backers bar to watch this time. Unless I can make a t-shirt out of my sig pic.
            I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mybills
              I'm going to the Bills backers bar to watch this time. Unless I can make a t-shirt out of my sig pic.
              Do you have a link to that video by any chance MB?

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Bufftp
                I am. I think Marshawn is going to have a hell of a day against the Jets D.
                We are going to win!
                If the Miami OL can get 120 plus yards for Ronnie Brown, Marshawn should destroy it this sunday. Im thinking 150 yards and 2 TDs and then all the analysts will be all over him for the week.

Comment

• mybills
                  81 st zoner
                  • Jul 2002

Yup!
                  The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
                  I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• DraftBoy
                    Administrator
                    • Jul 2002

I always look forward to Bills games
                    COMING SOON...
                    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by mybills
                      Thanks!

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

While I look forward to every Bills' game, this one is going to be special. We had to miss both preseason games and opening day while I rehabbed my hip, so it's going to be great to finally get back to the Ralph and see people we haven't seen since last season.
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

If I was going to the game, I might be excited about the tailgating. But since I have to watch it on TV, I'm fully expecting another heartbreaking loss and I'm not looking forward to it at all. The only slight excitement is that I want to see what Edwards can do at home against a weaker D with a full week of practice with the starters.

To make things worse, my ****ing idiot brother scheduled my nephew's birthday party for 2 pm on Sunday despite the fact I told him MONTHS ago not to schedule the party during the game .

So, between the Bills sucking and my idiot brother, I'm not looking forward to Sunday at all.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Bufftp
                            Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            If I was going to the game, I might be excited about the tailgating. But since I have to watch it on TV, I'm fully expecting another heartbreaking loss and I'm not looking forward to it at all. The only slight excitement is that I want to see what Edwards can do at home against a weaker D with a full week of practice with the starters.

To make things worse, my ****ing idiot brother scheduled my nephew's birthday party for 2 pm on Sunday despite the fact I told him MONTHS ago not to schedule the party during the game .

So, between the Bills sucking and my idiot brother, I'm not looking forward to Sunday at all.
                            Sounds like everything is right and in order in the world of OP!

Photobucket

Comment

• gil
                              • Mar 2005

in the world of lowered expectations, I will consider this sunday a success if we actually get a passing touchdown.

Comment

Working...
                              X