PDA

View Full Version : Bills sign Kevin Harrison (LB), Whittle on IR

Dr. Lecter
09-26-2007, 10:12 AM
VText

Mahdi
09-26-2007, 10:21 AM
VText
Re-Signing our camp cuts.... The funny thing about all this is that with all these injuries to our LBs we might be currently fielding 2 of 3 starters from next year. It is very possible that Dig holds on to the OLB job and of course Crowell will still be the SLB.

OpIv37
09-26-2007, 10:28 AM
don't be so sure on Crowell. I could see him getting benched for Wire or Ellison if he keeps playing the way he's been playing.

HHURRICANE
09-26-2007, 10:32 AM
don't be so sure on Crowell. I could see him getting benched for Wire or Ellison if he keeps playing the way he's been playing.

Thank you.

Finally someone gets that Crowell continues to be mediocre at best. Maybe when fans around here stop falling in love with our average players, that only look above average on this team, than we can start having intelligent conversations around here.

gr8slayer
09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
ugh. I haven't seen the guy play so I guess I'll hold off.

bigbub2352
09-26-2007, 10:33 AM
They are keying on three players on our D, Crowell, Schobel, and Whitner, they are doubling him and he is getting second level blocked by lineman all day, our Dline is the major reason of the lack of production they are not holding at the point of attack, he has been suspect in pass coverage, but as u seen in the pasthe can play, but he is the only one out there,
This signing is a joke, how cheap can u get, i thought Manning was better anyway, u mean to tell me no one better out there, someone who can tribute
help these young backers out
what a **** FO

OpIv37
09-26-2007, 10:34 AM
Thank you.

Finally someone gets that Crowell continues to be mediocre at best. Maybe when fans around here stop falling in love with our average players, that only look above average on this team, than we can start having intelligent conversations around here.

People around here tend to remember one or two big plays and forget about long stretches of mediocrity. Crowell had a few key INT's in 05 and people remember that but forget about the games where he just doesn't show up.

Through 3 games, I seriously don't recall hearing his name called once, except when he got beat for that TD against NE.

OpIv37
09-26-2007, 10:37 AM
They are keying on three players on our D, Crowell, Schobel, and Whitner, they are doubling him and he is getting second level blocked by lineman all day, our Dline is the major reason of the lack of production they are not holding at the point of attack, he has been suspect in pass coverage, but as u seen in the pasthe can play, but he is the only one out there,
This signing is a joke, how cheap can u get, i thought Manning was better anyway, u mean to tell me no one better out there, someone who can tribute
help these young backers out
what a **** FO

Both Harrison and Manning sucked in pre season- in fact, there was one play where they both made Superman-dive attempts to tackle a scrambling QB and both completely whiffed. At the time, I thought it was funny since I knew neither one would be making the team- oh, wait.

I don't know who else is out there but there is no doubt Harrison will be making league minimum.

Side note: I think someone else picked up Manning.

DraftBoy
09-26-2007, 10:45 AM
we lose an OL and replace him with an LB, dont we only have like one or two subs at OL?

justasportsfan
09-26-2007, 10:47 AM
chances are , he'll be cut when Ellison is ready.

bigbub2352
09-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Both Harrison and Manning sucked in pre season- in fact, there was one play where they both made Superman-dive attempts to tackle a scrambling QB and both completely whiffed. At the time, I thought it was funny since I knew neither one would be making the team- oh, wait.

I don't know who else is out there but there is no doubt Harrison will be making league minimum.

Side note: I think someone else picked up Manning.

Oh trust me i agree with both guys, Manning is sitting around after he got cut by Jacksonville, i am just sayin with Crowell when u play LBer u r only as good as your Dline, he is not making plays and looks like he is doing ****ty i agree, but i do think he has the talent to play in this league when u give him a little more of a supporting cast ala the last 2 years

raphael120
09-26-2007, 11:06 AM
It's the perfect storm of suck for the Buffalo Bills. This is what happens when you think backups are good enough to be starters on your own team. What we will soon find out is our defense was no better when we had all of our starters in. You could plug in anyone you want right now on defense, aside from Poz, (even Schobel and Kelsey are playing like crap right now), and you wouldn't know the difference. We just flat our lack skill on defense. Our veteran "leaders" are not leading by example, so i dont know how you can take someone seriously when they stink just as bad as the younger players.

Wys also made other good points as well in his article, everyone cries about injuries, but there are other teams out there that also have 6 or more players on IR. But the thing is, the only significant player on IR right now is Poz. Everyone else was a bum or a backup. Ellison (who is no better than a backup), Wire, Simpson (hasn't shown much but this was his year to show), Denney is a backup, Webster (a joke as a starter), Whittle (bum), Merz...etc...

When you honestly think about it, you have to laugh at the notion of our team getting by on defense with the talent level of our starters being so damn poor. The fact that DiGiorgio was competing for a LB spot was pathetic. What has anyone on defense shown? Crowell? Everyone says "gee i hope we lock him up" I ask, why? What has he shown that Jeff Posey couldn't easily have done. Be invisible? Let's just bring back Posey if you want that crap. We have no impactful players on defense, from the starters, back on down to backups. So in reality, right now, we have backups who are let to be starters here in the first place because we're so cheap, backed up by players who got beat out by these sorry excuses for starters in the first place, backed up by -now activated- practice squad players. You could honestly say our defense was doomed from the start, all starters playing or not. Note how we had most all our defensive starters in the game against Denver...AT HOME...and they steamrolled us. And they are by no means an explosive offense.

BTW..our offense only has 1 starter out and it's playing as bad as our pathetic injury riddled defense...if you ask me, that should be the main concern.

djjimkelly
09-26-2007, 11:22 AM
i have to make a joke whos gonna be the short yardage FB now that whittle is hurt lol lets sign some more H-BACKS lol sorry the H back is gay

OpIv37
09-26-2007, 11:29 AM
i have to make a joke whos gonna be the short yardage FB now that whittle is hurt lol lets sign some more H-BACKS lol sorry the H back is gay

It's not if you have the right player, like Chris Cooley. It is if you take a mediocre TE and start calling him an H-back.

HHURRICANE
09-26-2007, 11:39 AM
It's the perfect storm of suck for the Buffalo Bills. This is what happens when you think backups are good enough to be starters on your own team. What we will soon find out is our defense was no better when we had all of our starters in. You could plug in anyone you want right now on defense, aside from Poz, (even Schobel and Kelsey are playing like crap right now), and you wouldn't know the difference. We just flat our lack skill on defense. Our veteran "leaders" are not leading by example, so i dont know how you can take someone seriously when they stink just as bad as the younger players.

Wys also made other good points as well in his article, everyone cries about injuries, but there are other teams out there that also have 6 or more players on IR. But the thing is, the only significant player on IR right now is Poz. Everyone else was a bum or a backup. Ellison (who is no better than a backup), Wire, Simpson (hasn't shown much but this was his year to show), Denney is a backup, Webster (a joke as a starter), Whittle (bum), Merz...etc...

When you honestly think about it, you have to laugh at the notion of our team getting by on defense with the talent level of our starters being so damn poor. The fact that DiGiorgio was competing for a LB spot was pathetic. What has anyone on defense shown? Crowell? Everyone says "gee i hope we lock him up" I ask, why? What has he shown that Jeff Posey couldn't easily have done. Be invisible? Let's just bring back Posey if you want that crap. We have no impactful players on defense, from the starters, back on down to backups. So in reality, right now, we have backups who are let to be starters here in the first place because we're so cheap, backed up by players who got beat out by these sorry excuses for starters in the first place, backed up by -now activated- practice squad players. You could honestly say our defense was doomed from the start, all starters playing or not. Note how we had most all our defensive starters in the game against Denver...AT HOME...and they steamrolled us. And they are by no means an explosive offense.

BTW..our offense only has 1 starter out and it's playing as bad as our pathetic injury riddled defense...if you ask me, that should be the main concern.

Yep. This is what I've been saying.

Let's say we had no injuries on D right now. How good is:

Ellison -Poz- Crowell anyway? Not that good.

The DL is in tact. I can't help if Schobel and Kelsay need tea and crumpets half way through the game. McCargo and Tripplett are still out there along with Anderson and Williams.

Yobouty has been an upgrade over Webster, McGee should be back.

So Simpson must be the reason that we are last in league. He should ask for some big bucks in the off-season.

The Spaz
09-26-2007, 11:44 AM
Here's that guy Patorman said we would be signing? I think it was Nick Griesen?

bigbub2352
09-26-2007, 11:54 AM
It's not if you have the right player, like Chris Cooley. It is if you take a mediocre TE and start calling him an H-back.
Couldnt agree more see my 10 man plan thread about what i said about Nuefeld, only us would have a guy that was cut by three teams previously and then signed here barely made the team for 4 years and at 31 gets his first starting gig at not his natural position, we would have been better off with Schouman, he is a natural for the postion and fared well in the preseason

HHURRICANE
09-26-2007, 12:03 PM
Couldnt agree more see my 10 man plan thread about what i said about Nuefeld, only us would have a guy that was cut by three teams previously and then signed here barely made the team for 4 years and at 31 gets his first starting gig at not his natural position, we would have been better off with Schouman, he is a natural for the postion and fared well in the preseason

How does Neufield beat out Cieslak?

I think Jauron has watched "Invincible" one too many times.