PDA

View Full Version : The worst possible thing that can happen with the QB's

OpIv37
09-26-2007, 11:45 AM
is that Edwards plays mediocre.

If he plays at the same level JP's been at this year or worse, JP will get his chance after the injury (hopefully his last one if he doesn't do something with it this time).

If he plays well, then it's "Thanks anyway, JP- Nall kept the bench warm for you".

But if he is mediocre (ie slightly better than JP but still struggling and not protecting the ball well), then we have a full blown QB controversy. Right now, I think there is a QB controversy on this board but I don't see it from the team or the media. If Edwards does some things well but doesn't clearly outplay JP, expect the controversy to be a major topic of discussion.

RedEyE
09-26-2007, 11:50 AM
is that Edwards plays mediocre.

If he plays at the same level JP's been at this year or worse, JP will get his chance after the injury (hopefully his last one if he doesn't do something with it this time).

If he plays well, then it's "Thanks anyway, JP- Nall kept the bench warm for you".

But if he is mediocre (ie slightly better than JP but still struggling and not protecting the ball well), then we have a full blown QB controversy. Right now, I think there is a QB controversy on this board but I don't see it from the team or the media. If Edwards does some things well but doesn't clearly outplay JP, expect the controversy to be a major topic of discussion.

This team cannot survive with more mediocre players.

DraftBoy
09-26-2007, 11:53 AM
If Edwards plays mediocre they very well may draft another rookie to push the two on top to play well.

raphael120
09-26-2007, 12:05 PM
Forget that, we have the future hall of fame QB in emergency QB "Fast Freddie" Jackson!

churchinski
09-26-2007, 12:24 PM
If Edwards plays mediocre they very well may draft another rookie to push the two on top to play well.That's why having Edwards is a good thing.

It forces them to cut to the chase.

They should have taken Cutler instead of Whitner when they had a chance to keep it competitive at QB , but they were following the Donahue model that says ...let's not have anyone looking over anyone's shoulders.

Now at minimum this injury forces them to open up the competition at QB and it wipes out that failed Donahue approach of having no competition at QB.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2007, 12:25 PM
Medicore after his first career NFL start? I'll take it.

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 12:33 PM
I'm rooting for whoever is under center but I honestly don't see Edwards being all that great unless Fairchild lets him do his thing. Who knows, maybe Fairchild was going to completely open up the offense and then had to pull back because Edwards wasn't expected to play.

Either way, JP was 1-0 after his first start so Sunday evening shouldn't be the time to either say Edwards is the real deal or a bust.

And whoever says Cutler should have been taken over Whitner is insane. Cutler sucks.

TacklingDummy
09-26-2007, 12:35 PM
And whoever says Cutler should have been taken over Whitner is insane. Cutler sucks.

I like Whitner but the pick should have been Ngata.

churchinski
09-26-2007, 12:41 PM

Well I like it when people have the courage to come out with strong opinions.
Because without it discussing sports is pointless.

And I'm sure I'll quote you on this at some point.

Here is a question for you though:
How do you conclude that Cutler sucks ?

I haven't read a committed opinion from you on Losman yet with far fewer games you seem to have Culter figured out and with Losman you don't seem to know where you stand.

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 12:49 PM

I haven't read a committed opinion from you on Losman yet with far fewer games you seem to have Culter figured out and with Losman you don't seem to know where you stand.

Losman is on my favorite team so I'm more biased towards him.

So far I've seen Cutler come into the game mid-season and take Denver out of the playoffs.

I then watched him in the first game almost completely lose the game with his stupid insane decisions. The fact that the Denver offense could only put up 15 points on the Bills and needed a last second FG speaks highly about Cutler.

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 12:50 PM

I was against picking Ngata at the time but now looking back I think it would be nice to have a big DT productive DT on this team.

Gunzlingr
09-26-2007, 03:21 PM
That's why having Edwards is a good thing.

It forces them to cut to the chase.

They should have taken Cutler instead of Whitner when they had a chance to keep it competitive at QB , but they were following the Donahue model that says ...let's not have anyone looking over anyone's shoulders.

Now at minimum this injury forces them to open up the competition at QB and it wipes out that failed Donahue approach of having no competition at QB.

Because Cutler looks so awesome this year too! We could have taken the QB that is lighting up this year, Matt Leinart, as well. :crazy:

shelby
09-26-2007, 03:33 PM

You seem obsessed with posters having an opinion on JP and TE. What you don't seem to realize is that some of us will support whoever is starting at QB, no matter who it is. This doesn't have to be an either/or decision. Some of us, myself included, don't care who the starting QB is. If JP comes back in 2 weeks, that's great, as long as he's producing. If TE does a better job under center and OBD decides to bench JP for the rest of the season, that's fine, too. i just want to salvage a few wins out of this season, and then watch the fallout during the offseason.

This team is struggling with injuries right now, and there are no absolutes when it comes to our roster.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2007, 03:37 PM
and there are no absolutes when it comes to our roster.

When I look at our roster now I need Absolut.

Saratoga Slim
09-26-2007, 04:07 PM

Our DL would look a whole lot better with Ngata playing next to Triplett/McCargo.

I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with the way McCargo's been playing. that's one positive thus far