This is why u dont keep Haggan, Stamer, Aiken anymore...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

This is why u dont keep Haggan, Stamer, Aiken anymore...

LB Leon Joe to start?

Today
    Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:11 PM ET | Link

LB LEON JOE TO START?: LB Leon Joe looks like he'll be starting this week at weak side linebacker. Joe is replacing John DiGiorgio who is manning his more familiar MLB position with Poz out for the year now. Angelo Crowell is staying on the strong side. Newly signed Kevin Harrison appears to be the backup MLB now. ---
    This is the value of keeping Haggan and Stamer on the roster for 5 years, as well as Aiken, career ST guys that provide nothing for our offense or defense, I am sorry this is harsh but seriously i have been preaching this all year long since the final cuts and even during the preseason, We need to upgrade out talent, those guys just dont cut it, Joe is gonna start and he has been here for 2 weeks over two guys who have been here for 5 years, How much sense does that make?
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • raphael120
    Jason Peters rigorous at home training regiment
    • Oct 2005

Re: This is why u dont keep Haggan, Stamer, Aiken anymore...

Originally posted by bigbub2352
    LB Leon Joe to start?

Today

LB LEON JOE TO START?: LB Leon Joe looks like he'll be starting this week at weak side linebacker. Joe is replacing John DiGiorgio who is manning his more familiar MLB position with Poz out for the year now. Angelo Crowell is staying on the strong side. Newly signed Kevin Harrison appears to be the backup MLB now. ---
    This is the value of keeping Haggan and Stamer on the roster for 5 years, as well as Aiken, career ST guys that provide nothing for our offense or defense, I am sorry this is harsh but seriously i have been preaching this all year long since the final cuts and even during the preseason, We need to upgrade out talent, those guys just dont cut it, Joe is gonna start and he has been here for 2 weeks over two guys who have been here for 5 years, How much sense does that make?

In Marv you trusted.

Comment

• bigbub2352
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
      In Marv you trusted.
      well Joe was real good in college, hope he can do something
      XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

LB Leon Joe to start?

Today

OMG!!!! This franchise is a fricking joke. Stamer and Haggan can't play WLB?

Leon Joe is better than 2 guys that have been on the team for over 4 years??

Leon Joe isn't even an "average Joe" this guy sucks!!

Do you realize how many rosters this guy has been cut from? The Cardinals didn't even want him.

Comment

• raphael120
          • Oct 2005

well Joe was real good in college, hope he can do something
          Well if he does ANYTHING it's more than Ellison and DiGiorgio has done.

Alot of people are panicing, I for one am not. I never had expectations for many of our so called "starters" on defense and I honestly think that you could put Leon Joe in there, Eillson, Wire, etc...in for LB and you'll get the same thing, piss poor results. We don't have impact players on our roster right now, period. We never had. Poz is the closest one to an impact player, and to an extent McCargo now, out of everyone on D, McCargo is the one who is actually pulling his weight and I hope he keeps improving because Whitner isn't turning out to be as impactful as you'd expect.

When you throw in a whole bunch of rookies and second year low draft pick players with no leaders on defense, no impact veterans, the 32nd ranked defense is what you get.

Comment

• churchinski
            Senior Zoner
            • Sep 2007

LB Leon Joe to start?

Today

it makes little or no sense

Tasker success doesn't even justify it , because when Tasker came in as a WR he was very effective.

Comment

• historypete
              • Feb 2005

They probably don't want to play Haggan and Stamer because they don't want them to get too tired and ruin their special teams play. This was the excuse given as to why Roscoe wasn't returning kicks and Josh Scobey was on Sunday.

What a joke that line of reasoning is. If that is the case they better work on their conditioning.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by raphael120
                I never had expectations for many of our so called "starters" on defense and I honestly think that you could put Leon Joe in there, Eillson, Wire, etc...in for LB and you'll get the same thing, piss poor results.
                Dude, you are so right!!!!!!!!!

We are replacing crap with crap. We are the 1984 Bills. I'm not joking. Let's hope our '08 draft turns out like the '85 one.

Comment

• G. Host
                  Banned
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by historypete
                  They probably don't want to play Haggan and Stamer because they don't want them to get too tired and ruin their special teams play. This was the excuse given as to why Roscoe wasn't returning kicks and Josh Scobey was on Sunday.

What a joke that line of reasoning is. If that is the case they better work on their conditioning.
                  Roscoe had a lot of problem returning kicks last time he did it.
                  Kick off returns and punt returns are different skills.

Comment

• historypete
                    • Feb 2005

I don't remember Roscoe having any problems. The few times he filled in for McGee last year he had a better or equal average. Regardless, with his ability to turn a game around I have him returning kicks, especially if Fairchild is going to use him on offense. Anything is better than the 18 yards per kick Scobey averaged.

Comment

• raphael120
                      • Oct 2005

Super Bowls are not won with special teams, yet we've been so heavily focused on special teams, they totally neglected everything else and now our skill positions that are on the field the most are pathetic, meanwhile it seems our special teams have been pampered and built up so much...when special teams players are on the field for all of maybe 12 plays all game? But they do have a point about keeping special teams players off the starting defense because the defense is on the field ALL DAY LONG and you want those winded players to be blocking on kick offs and running up field ON TOP of being on the field all day because our pittiful offense can't do ****.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

Wow, Haggan and Stamer must really suck to be beat out by a former safety, 2nd year UDFA, and a free agent castoff.

Did anyone notice how when Poz went down, how we always were in Nickel after that? Just a sign of how they wanted to keep our ST aces off the field.

Comment

• historypete
                          • Feb 2005

Here is Roscoe's kick return stats. I got this off NFL.com and it says he hasn't returned a kick since 2005, but if you look at the stats he was pretty successful. I still can't figure out why Scobey was returning kicks, I'm glad he is gone.

The numbers go by game, returns, yards, average, long, TD, Over 20+, Over 40+, Fair Catch, and Fumble.

2005Buffalo Bills 101026126.14507200

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

LB Leon Joe to start?

Today

Do you remember the time when GW was here and his ST Coach Smith sucked ? I don't want that to ever happen again.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                              OMG!!!! This franchise is a fricking joke. Stamer and Haggan can't play WLB?

they can but our coaches don't want our ST to suffer more injuries by placing Stamer and Haggan on the D.

Do you not see how missing MCGee hurt both the D and ST ?
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X