PDA

View Full Version : Bills on the Bottom

Mad Bomber
09-26-2007, 12:32 PM
From the NY Times:

There are five 0-3 teams in the N.F.L., but the Buffalo Bills may stand out as the worst of them. They are last in the N.F.L. in yards allowed (458 a game) and last in the N.F.L. in yards gained (200 a game) and points scored (24). They have twice as many players on injured reserve (six) as they have touchdowns (three).
And with their starting quarterback, J..P. Losman, out with a sprained knee, the Bills will turn their robust offense over to … Trent Edwards (http://www.buffalobills.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=122719).
Edwards, who was 10 of 20 for 97 yards and an interception Sunday after relieving Losman against the Patriots, was a third-round draft pick in April out of Stanford, the sixth quarterback taken. But against the Jets this Sunday, he would be the first drafted quarterback from the 2007 class to make a start.

http://fifthdown.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/09/26/weekly-wrap-2/

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 12:52 PM
Hard to argue that they are the worst team in the league.

Although I did see some power rankings today that had about 3 or 4 other teams below Buffalo. I'm thinking it was based on pre-season expectations as well.

historypete
09-26-2007, 12:54 PM
Dr. Z has them ranked 31, Atlanta is ranked 32.

You know the worst part is that if were tied with a team for the worst record we will get the second pick because of the strength of schedule. The team with the weakest record always gets the higher pick. If that happens talk about a kick in the *****

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 12:56 PM
Atlanta should end up being a little better once they put a decent QB under center.

Whaler53
09-26-2007, 12:59 PM
Hey guys, things may be bad now...but they will get better for you.

That team has alot of issues but I think that they'll turn it around. I don't think you'll be picking first in the draft next year, the Bills will get it fixed and ou'll have an ok season.

I hope for that anyhow....I'd much rather see the Dolphins on the bottom of the east.

MikeInRoch
09-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Dr. Z has them ranked 31, Atlanta is ranked 32.

You know the worst part is that if were tied with a team for the worst record we will get the second pick because of the strength of schedule. The team with the weakest record always gets the higher pick. If that happens talk about a kick in the *****

Strength of schedule is based on this year, not last. So it's up in the air right now.

The fact that we get games against the bad Jets, Dolphins, and Browns should help us have a 'weaker schedule'.

Jan Reimers
09-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Well, it's good to be recognized for something.

M
09-26-2007, 02:02 PM
At least we can't get relegated to a lower division like they do in the Premiership. Only way to go is up!

Whaler53
09-26-2007, 02:04 PM
At least we can't get relegated to a lower division like they do in the Premiership. Only way to go is up!

Agreed, and you guys will go up. It'll get better for you soon.

cocamide
09-26-2007, 02:11 PM
Agreed, and you guys will go up. It'll get better for you soon.

I'm hoping you're the great-great-great-great grandson of Nastradamus.

Whaler53
09-26-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm hoping you're the great-great-great-great grandson of Nastradamus.

Nah, but gypsy blood runs in my family....does that count?

LtBillsFan66
09-26-2007, 02:32 PM
Are we out of cap hell?