PDA

View Full Version : I'm actually excited about this week

patmoran2006
09-26-2007, 02:14 PM
It doesn’t take a scientist to figure out this is a lost season after only three weeks. The thing that is mildly amusing to me is that so many people in here are acting surprised. I guess all the homer talk throughout the summer was heart-felt and true. Many people actually thought this team was better than last year’s.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Let’s keep it real. Let’s we’ve been ravaged by injury. Nobody thought that in week four we’d be looking at starters like Jim Leonhard, Leon Joe (?), Ashton Youboty and Jabari Greer. But even if we didn’t suffer any injuries, does anyone really think this team wouldn’t be 0-3? Did we lose any player that would’ve propelled this team to a win against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>, Pitt and NE? Of course not.<o:p></o:p>
At any rate, even though this is a lost season I admit I’m extremely EXCITED about Sunday’s game. I said before the season started I liked Edwards better than Losman, and now the kid gets a full week to practice as the starter, and make his first start in front of the home crowd. Personally, I think he’s going to play well and I wouldn’t be surprised if the offense FINALLY breaks out this week against an overated Jets defense.<o:p></o:p>
It’s unfortunate that Losman was injured. I expected before long Edwards would play regardless, but I didn’t want it to come about that way. But I’m being serious when I think Edwards will play well enough that if he has any balls, the JP Losman era is over in <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Buffalo</st1:place></st1:City>. I can see this turning into another <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Jacksonville</st1:place></st1:City> story, where Leftwich was inconsistent, got injured and eventually lost his job for good to Garrad before getting cut.<o:p></o:p>
I’m TELLING you guys and girls right now, and this is coming from a “realist”—Trent Edwards is a SMART quarterback and an accurate passer.. As he learns the NFL ropes this kid could become a really good quarterback.. AT worst, he’s a hell of a backup and we go after a Brian Brohm next April. But at best, I think he’s the QB of the future on this team.<o:p></o:p>
I think Losman is done. Unless Edwards really sucks or gets hurt; I think you may have seen the last of Losman.<o:p></o:p>
Thank God I get to see Edwards play, because he and Lynch are the only real excitement to look forward to anymore.<o:p></o:p>

patmoran2006
09-26-2007, 02:15 PM
crap.. pc at work messed up.. Please delete the other two duplicates

raphael120
09-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Totally agree. IF our team is going to suck, I'd rather see what we have in Edwards and Lynch, since we can't see what we have in Poz anymore. IT's the only saving grace.

patmoran2006
09-26-2007, 02:22 PM
POZ will be fine

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm not reading that really long post in a different font.

Summarize in one-two sentences please.

DynaPaul
09-26-2007, 02:57 PM
I'm not reading that really long post in a different font.

Summarize in one-two sentences please.

"Edwards good, JP bad. Me excited."

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 02:59 PM
"Edwards good, JP bad. Me excited."

:clap: Thank you!

The less reading the better.

shelby
09-26-2007, 03:00 PM
i want Trent Edwards to have a great week against the Jets, because i want this team to win a :curse:ing game.

When JP is healthy in 2 weeks i honestly don't give a :curse: who starts, as long as they can get the job done.

Good luck Trent.
:jetsuck:
:gobills:

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
i want Trent Edwards to have a great week against the Jets, because i want this team to win a :curse:ing game.

When JP is healthy in 2 weeks i honestly don't give a :curse: who starts, as long as they can get the job done.

Good luck Trent.
:jetsuck:
:gobills:

Well said shelby!

I'm all for Edwards lighting the place up and playing awesome. Hell, I want to see that. You know why? Because he is the starting QB of the Buffalo Bills. I'm not going to wish he does bad so that I can throw it in the face of other fans. I want the team to win.

John Doe
09-26-2007, 03:04 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Let’s keep it real. Let’s we’ve been ravaged by injury. Nobody thought that in week four we’d be looking at starters like Jim Leonhard, Leon Joe (?), Ashton Youboty and Jabari Greer. But even if we didn’t suffer any injuries, does anyone really think this team wouldn’t be 0-3? Did we lose any player that would’ve propelled this team to a win against <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Denver</st1:place></st1:City>, Pitt and NE? Of course not.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

I think that Denny or Eillison could have made a difference in the Denver game.

We only lost by one play.

historypete
09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
The thing that makes me mad about this team is not the fact they are 0-3 so much, nor how the defense is getting shredded.

I'm angry at the offensive playcalling, gameplanning and overall failure. This is the one side of the ball that has had few if any injuries. Actually it was none until Losman went down. As bad as Kevin Everetts injury was he wasn't going to make an offensive impact. This was the unit that was supposed to carry this team and at least make it competitive, but instead we get crap. We have a coordinator who can't gameplan, calls the most conservative plays you can see, is fixated on this 2TE formation, and talks about what he wants to do more than actually doing it. We have JP, who I WANT TO SUCCEED, but he couldn't get on track and kept making stupid mistakes. The WR's are junk and absolutely no moves were made to improve the 2nd WR position and help Evans and JP. This falls on management, Jauron and Fairchild. I actually like the way the O-line has played for the most part. I think Walker has been solid, not the revolving door he was in Oakland. What can you say about Lynch, the guy runs hard, plays hard and gives it his all. I actually feel bad for him at this point. But because of Jauron and Fairchild and their unwillingness to let things fly and throw caution to the wind, with either JP or Edwards, that is why I'm as angry and frustrated as I am.

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 03:08 PM
The thing that makes me mad about this team is not the fact they are 0-3 so much, nor how the defense is getting shredded.

I'm angry at the offensive playcalling, gameplanning and overall failure. This is the one side of the ball that has had few if any injuries. Actually it was none until Losman went down. As bad as Kevin Everetts injury was he wasn't going to make an offensive impact. This was the unit that was supposed to carry this team and at least make it competitive, but instead we get crap. We have a coordinator who can't gameplan, calls the most conservative plays you can see, is fixated on this 2TE formation, and talks about what he wants to do more than actually doing it. We have JP, who I WANT TO SUCCEED, but he couldn't get on track and kept making stupid mistakes. The WR's are junk and absolutely no moves were made to improve the 2nd WR position and help Evans and JP. This falls on management, Jauron and Fairchild. I actually like the way the O-line has played for the most part. I think Walker has been solid, not the revolving door he was in Oakland. What can you say about Lynch, the guy runs hard, plays hard and gives it his all. I actually feel bad for him at this point. But because of Jauron and Fairchild and their unwillingness to let things fly and throw caution to the wind, with either JP or Edwards, that is why I'm as angry and frustrated as I am.

:bf1: :bf1: :bf1:

historypete
09-26-2007, 03:09 PM
By the way now that Edwards is in, I hope they open things up and I want that kid to at least show something along the lines of consistancy. But with Fairchild and Jauron running things I don't see that happening. Say hello to more Neufeld, Gaines and Royal.

By the way, out of all our useless TE's I think I've seen the most from Gaines and he has only been here two weeks. Sad, very sad.

Mitchy moo
09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
I'm going to need to get tanked on Sunday just to make sure that if there is a problem during the game, I can deal with it.

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 03:22 PM
I'm going to need to get tanked on Sunday just to make sure that if there is a problem during the game, I can deal with it.

aaaaannnnndddd how is that different from the last two Sundays?

Mitchy moo
09-26-2007, 03:30 PM
aaaaannnnndddd how is that different from the last two Sundays?

No difference, is there a problem?

RockStar36
09-26-2007, 03:34 PM
No difference, is there a problem?

LOL

Yeah I have a HUGE FREAKING problem

Mitchy moo
09-26-2007, 03:34 PM
LOL

Yeah I have a HUGE FREAKING problem

Lol.:couch: