• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Everyone needs to chill the hell out

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm pissed with Ralph and the way he operates this team. Cash to the cap is a ludacris plan, and the fact that Ralph thinks the people here wouldn't pay top dollar for a winning team is nonsense. I get sick of his woe-is-me outlook as much as everyone, but come on...

Can anyone honestly sit here and say they saw all these injuries coming? This is the REAL reason we are the worst team in the league. Not coaching, not ownership, not Marv. They had a plan and stuck to it. Nowhere in that plan did they expect half the team to go on IR. No coach/gm/owner in this league can win with 3rd or 4th stringers starting at nearly every position.

This team was still a few years from being something decent, but no team - no matter how good they are - can overcome the amount of injuries this team has endured. Same thing happened to the Jets a few years back. Every team is snakebitten once and a while, apparently this year our number was up.

The good thing is they have made solid moves (OL, drafting Poz, Whitner, Lynch) and now with a top 5 pick more than likely, it will only make us better when we get our core group of guys back on the field next year. I hate constantly "waiting for next year" but really, you can't put the blame on Ralph, Marv, or even Jauron (even if his coaching has been suspect) for this.

CHILL. THE. ****. OUT.

It's a ******* game people. Did you honestly expect us to go to the playoffs? 1-15 or 6-10... it's the same result in the end - nothing.

At least with a top-tier pick we could possibly be better in the long run.

Times are tough, but at least we still have a team and can tailgate on Sundays. Enjoy the laughing stock instead of wallowing in your own misery.
  • Mad Max
    Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
    • Mar 2003

Re: Everyone needs to chill the hell out

Originally posted by jfreeman
    ...This team was still a few years from being something decent...

That's the problem in a nutshell. THis team's been bad for many many years already, and we still need "a few years" to become a contender. When is enough enough?

Ask a Chicago Cubs fan how well that "we'll get 'em next year" strategy works. If the fans keep supporting garbage..then garbage is what we'll get..because garbage is cheap, and Ralph needs to get richer so he can hitch that U-Haul full of cash to his hearse.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
      Defies all logic
      • Oct 2006

injuries

Comment

• TigerJ
        • Jul 2002

I'm not real happy with the way the season is going, but I'm cool as always.
        I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• mikemac2001
          is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
          • Mar 2003

Half of our D is hurt.....season is over not even fun to watch a bunch of backups getting pounded

MUCK
          FIAMI

Comment

• Oaf
            Do you read what you write?
            • Jun 2007

:monkeypiss: This year is just training. Next year we'll be a contender.

We've said that the last 8 years.

Maybe if Ralph realized that having a good team on the field lead to financial sucess, he'd pony up.

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

As much as the injuries have hurt, this team was looking bad in the preseason too. People said then, "It's only preseason," but it turns out those ominous signs were legit. Therefore this team has problems far beyond the injuries. And most point to the current administration.
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BillsFever21
                • Aug 2004

I'll be the first to admit, I'm pissed with Ralph and the way he operates this team. Cash to the cap is a ludacris plan, and the fact that Ralph thinks the people here wouldn't pay top dollar for a winning team is nonsense. I get sick of his woe-is-me outlook as much as everyone, but come on...

Can anyone honestly sit here and say they saw all these injuries coming? This is the REAL reason we are the worst team in the league. Not coaching, not ownership, not Marv. They had a plan and stuck to it. Nowhere in that plan did they expect half the team to go on IR. No coach/gm/owner in this league can win with 3rd or 4th stringers starting at nearly every position.

This team was still a few years from being something decent, but no team - no matter how good they are - can overcome the amount of injuries this team has endured. Same thing happened to the Jets a few years back. Every team is snakebitten once and a while, apparently this year our number was up.

The good thing is they have made solid moves (OL, drafting Poz, Whitner, Lynch) and now with a top 5 pick more than likely, it will only make us better when we get our core group of guys back on the field next year. I hate constantly "waiting for next year" but really, you can't put the blame on Ralph, Marv, or even Jauron (even if his coaching has been suspect) for this.

CHILL. THE. ****. OUT.

It's a ******* game people. Did you honestly expect us to go to the playoffs? 1-15 or 6-10... it's the same result in the end - nothing.

Times are tough, but at least we still have a team and can tailgate on Sundays. Enjoy the laughing stock instead of wallowing in your own misery.
                I beg to differ. You remember a team called the Patriots a few years back. Now they were absolutely decimated with key injuries. Yeah we have had a lot of injuries but how many of them were huge injuries where they were a non-loseable player? Poslusny, Losman and Simpson maybe. Elilison, Wire, Webster and so forth were not much better then the backups behind them. We would still be 0-3 with these guys. We might have only lost by 20 points instead of 30 though.

Now the Patriots that season lost a lot of key players. It got to the point where they had nothing but practice squad and in season nobody signings playing CB. It even got to the point where Troy Brown was playing CB. TROW BROWN. Belicheck was awesome enough to cover up all of their flaws and still go on to win it all. Everyone had them left for dead. As each injury piled up that was supposed to be the final nail in the coffin.

Now Dick Jauron can never be compared to Belly but outside of the Poslusny one our defense didn't lose any big time players we couldn't do without. Now if you told me we lost Schobel, Whitner and guys like that instead then that may be a vaild semi-excuse.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Chiil out? Here? This board makes Chicken Little look like Cool Hand Luke.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

It's ok, our stadium still fills up with fans unlike Foxboro before they finally won the big prize. Our fans are true fans, even when they act like their on crack.
                    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• pats-were-right
                      Just paint a target on my forehead
                      • Dec 2003

Originally posted by mybills
                      It's ok, our stadium still fills up with fans unlike Foxboro before they finally won the big prize. Our fans are true fans, even when they act like their on crack.

Pats' current sell-out streak dates back to 1994, seven-plus years before the first championship.

Comment

• mybills
                        81 st zoner
                        • Jul 2002

Funny, I was talking to a season ticket holder pats fan yesterday who's been a fan for over 30 years. He tells nightmare stories of how empty that stadium was every game.
                        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                          • Sep 2003

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                          I beg to differ...
                          Well, then you are wrong.

It's really ridiculous to think that injuries are not relevant. There is never, ever *zero* drop-off when a starter goes down and is replaced with a backup. Even more when the backup goes down too, which has happened at linebacker.
                          "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by pats-were-right
                            Pats' current sell-out streak dates back to 1994, seven-plus years before the first championship.
                            Except that they didn't sell out every game in 1995. So it started in 1996.
                            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

CHILL. THE. ****. OUT.

You are so far off base that it isn't even funny. First, in the first game when we had much fewer injuries, the D didn't exactly look stellar. True, we probably wouldn't be 32nd in D without the injuries, but we'd probably be like 26th and we'd definitely still be 0-3.

Second, the O has had no key injuries until Losman this week (well, arguably Reed), and they're just AWFUL despite Lynch and the OL. There is no excuse whatsoever for the offense to be 32nd.

Yeah, I expected this team to struggle. I never expected to be LAST in the league in everything. This season was supposed to be one where we dealt with some struggling to be better off in the long run. Well, half our defensive guys who are supposed to be improving and growing are injured, our offense just blows and our coaching has demonstrated fundamental flaws. The light at the end of the tunnel is growing dimmer, not brighter.

I will NEVER enjoy this team being a laughingstock. If you're close enough to go to the games, sure, enjoy the tailgating, but I don't know how any fan can be anything but miserable with what's happening on the field.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X