PDA

View Full Version : Everyone needs to chill the hell out

Bill Brasky
09-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Seriously, this is getting ridiculous.

I'll be the first to admit, I'm pissed with Ralph and the way he operates this team. Cash to the cap is a ludacris plan, and the fact that Ralph thinks the people here wouldn't pay top dollar for a winning team is nonsense. I get sick of his woe-is-me outlook as much as everyone, but come on...

Can anyone honestly sit here and say they saw all these injuries coming? This is the REAL reason we are the worst team in the league. Not coaching, not ownership, not Marv. They had a plan and stuck to it. Nowhere in that plan did they expect half the team to go on IR. No coach/gm/owner in this league can win with 3rd or 4th stringers starting at nearly every position.

This team was still a few years from being something decent, but no team - no matter how good they are - can overcome the amount of injuries this team has endured. Same thing happened to the Jets a few years back. Every team is snakebitten once and a while, apparently this year our number was up.

The good thing is they have made solid moves (OL, drafting Poz, Whitner, Lynch) and now with a top 5 pick more than likely, it will only make us better when we get our core group of guys back on the field next year. I hate constantly "waiting for next year" but really, you can't put the blame on Ralph, Marv, or even Jauron (even if his coaching has been suspect) for this.

CHILL. THE. ****. OUT.

It's a ******* game people. Did you honestly expect us to go to the playoffs? 1-15 or 6-10... it's the same result in the end - nothing.

At least with a top-tier pick we could possibly be better in the long run.

Times are tough, but at least we still have a team and can tailgate on Sundays. Enjoy the laughing stock instead of wallowing in your own misery.

Mad Max
09-26-2007, 10:46 PM
...This team was still a few years from being something decent...

That's the problem in a nutshell. THis team's been bad for many many years already, and we still need "a few years" to become a contender. When is enough enough?

Ask a Chicago Cubs fan how well that "we'll get 'em next year" strategy works. If the fans keep supporting garbage..then garbage is what we'll get..because garbage is cheap, and Ralph needs to get richer so he can hitch that U-Haul full of cash to his hearse.

PECKERWOOD
09-26-2007, 10:49 PM
:monkeyp: injuries

TigerJ
09-26-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm not real happy with the way the season is going, but I'm cool as always.

mikemac2001
09-26-2007, 11:22 PM
Half of our D is hurt.....season is over not even fun to watch a bunch of backups getting pounded

Oaf
09-26-2007, 11:41 PM
:monkeypiss: This year is just training. Next year we'll be a contender.

We've said that the last 8 years.

Maybe if Ralph realized that having a good team on the field lead to financial sucess, he'd pony up.

Philagape
09-27-2007, 12:45 AM
As much as the injuries have hurt, this team was looking bad in the preseason too. People said then, "It's only preseason," but it turns out those ominous signs were legit. Therefore this team has problems far beyond the injuries. And most point to the current administration.

BillsFever21
09-27-2007, 03:02 AM

I'll be the first to admit, I'm pissed with Ralph and the way he operates this team. Cash to the cap is a ludacris plan, and the fact that Ralph thinks the people here wouldn't pay top dollar for a winning team is nonsense. I get sick of his woe-is-me outlook as much as everyone, but come on...

Can anyone honestly sit here and say they saw all these injuries coming? This is the REAL reason we are the worst team in the league. Not coaching, not ownership, not Marv. They had a plan and stuck to it. Nowhere in that plan did they expect half the team to go on IR. No coach/gm/owner in this league can win with 3rd or 4th stringers starting at nearly every position.

This team was still a few years from being something decent, but no team - no matter how good they are - can overcome the amount of injuries this team has endured. Same thing happened to the Jets a few years back. Every team is snakebitten once and a while, apparently this year our number was up.

The good thing is they have made solid moves (OL, drafting Poz, Whitner, Lynch) and now with a top 5 pick more than likely, it will only make us better when we get our core group of guys back on the field next year. I hate constantly "waiting for next year" but really, you can't put the blame on Ralph, Marv, or even Jauron (even if his coaching has been suspect) for this.

CHILL. THE. ****. OUT.

It's a ******* game people. Did you honestly expect us to go to the playoffs? 1-15 or 6-10... it's the same result in the end - nothing.

Times are tough, but at least we still have a team and can tailgate on Sundays. Enjoy the laughing stock instead of wallowing in your own misery.

I beg to differ. You remember a team called the Patriots a few years back. Now they were absolutely decimated with key injuries. Yeah we have had a lot of injuries but how many of them were huge injuries where they were a non-loseable player? Poslusny, Losman and Simpson maybe. Elilison, Wire, Webster and so forth were not much better then the backups behind them. We would still be 0-3 with these guys. We might have only lost by 20 points instead of 30 though.

Now the Patriots that season lost a lot of key players. It got to the point where they had nothing but practice squad and in season nobody signings playing CB. It even got to the point where Troy Brown was playing CB. TROW BROWN. Belicheck was awesome enough to cover up all of their flaws and still go on to win it all. Everyone had them left for dead. As each injury piled up that was supposed to be the final nail in the coffin.

Now Dick Jauron can never be compared to Belly but outside of the Poslusny one our defense didn't lose any big time players we couldn't do without. Now if you told me we lost Schobel, Whitner and guys like that instead then that may be a vaild semi-excuse.

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 05:35 AM
Chiil out? Here? This board makes Chicken Little look like Cool Hand Luke.

mybills
09-27-2007, 07:42 AM
It's ok, our stadium still fills up with fans unlike Foxboro before they finally won the big prize. Our fans are true fans, even when they act like their on crack. :snicker:

pats-were-right
09-27-2007, 08:23 AM
It's ok, our stadium still fills up with fans unlike Foxboro before they finally won the big prize. Our fans are true fans, even when they act like their on crack. :snicker:

Pats' current sell-out streak dates back to 1994, seven-plus years before the first championship.

mybills
09-27-2007, 08:28 AM
Funny, I was talking to a season ticket holder pats fan yesterday who's been a fan for over 30 years. He tells nightmare stories of how empty that stadium was every game.

MikeInRoch
09-27-2007, 08:39 AM
I beg to differ...

Well, then you are wrong.

It's really ridiculous to think that injuries are not relevant. There is never, ever *zero* drop-off when a starter goes down and is replaced with a backup. Even more when the backup goes down too, which has happened at linebacker.

MikeInRoch
09-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Pats' current sell-out streak dates back to 1994, seven-plus years before the first championship.

Except that they didn't sell out every game in 1995. So it started in 1996.

OpIv37
09-27-2007, 08:46 AM

CHILL. THE. ****. OUT.

You are so far off base that it isn't even funny. First, in the first game when we had much fewer injuries, the D didn't exactly look stellar. True, we probably wouldn't be 32nd in D without the injuries, but we'd probably be like 26th and we'd definitely still be 0-3.

Second, the O has had no key injuries until Losman this week (well, arguably Reed), and they're just AWFUL despite Lynch and the OL. There is no excuse whatsoever for the offense to be 32nd.

Yeah, I expected this team to struggle. I never expected to be LAST in the league in everything. This season was supposed to be one where we dealt with some struggling to be better off in the long run. Well, half our defensive guys who are supposed to be improving and growing are injured, our offense just blows and our coaching has demonstrated fundamental flaws. The light at the end of the tunnel is growing dimmer, not brighter.

I will NEVER enjoy this team being a laughingstock. If you're close enough to go to the games, sure, enjoy the tailgating, but I don't know how any fan can be anything but miserable with what's happening on the field.

MikeInRoch
09-27-2007, 08:52 AM
The offense is by far the biggest disappointment this year. As you said, no major injuries in the first two weeks, and they were absolutely pathetic.

don137
09-27-2007, 09:21 AM
The offense is by far the biggest disappointment this year. As you said, no major injuries in the first two weeks, and they were absolutely pathetic.
I agree, Injuries are not to blame on the offense being ranked 32nd and have 24 points in 3 games with Lee Evans not even at 30 yards after three games.

Bill Brasky
09-27-2007, 09:30 AM
You are so far off base that it isn't even funny. First, in the first game when we had much fewer injuries, the D didn't exactly look stellar. True, we probably wouldn't be 32nd in D without the injuries, but we'd probably be like 26th and we'd definitely still be 0-3.

Second, the O has had no key injuries until Losman this week (well, arguably Reed), and they're just AWFUL despite Lynch and the OL. There is no excuse whatsoever for the offense to be 32nd.

Yeah, I expected this team to struggle. I never expected to be LAST in the league in everything. This season was supposed to be one where we dealt with some struggling to be better off in the long run. Well, half our defensive guys who are supposed to be improving and growing are injured, our offense just blows and our coaching has demonstrated fundamental flaws. The light at the end of the tunnel is growing dimmer, not brighter.

I will NEVER enjoy this team being a laughingstock. If you're close enough to go to the games, sure, enjoy the tailgating, but I don't know how any fan can be anything but miserable with what's happening on the field.
I never said I wasn't miserable. This might be worse than the 3-13 season a few years ago.

At the same time, it's ridiculous for people to blow a gasket on here. There's no way a team can win with 3rd and 4th stringers starting almost exclusively on one side of the ball.

I never mentioned the Offense in my rant because to be honest, our WR's outside of Evans sucked and most people just swept that under the rug. A lot of people were banking on Losman to emerge this year and that hasn't happened.

I'm not shocked the offense has sucked, because frankly, I figured that even if Losman didn't tank (which he obviously has) they would still be a few good WR's and a TE away from having a legit offense. Of course, most on here were blind to that.

Jauron has been a conservative play caller his entire career, so that doesn't surprise me either. I *****ed loud and clearly with his hiring and I didn't feel like airing the same complaints over and over like some here...

My point simply was don't bag on Marv and Ralph for all that's happened this year. Sure, they didn't really sign a lot of top-tier guys, but they have signed a few good guys to build around (more than can be said for TD) and it's not their fault the guys they signed all **** the bed injury-wise.

OpIv37
09-27-2007, 09:33 AM
I never said I wasn't miserable. This might be worse than the 3-13 season a few years ago.

At the same time, it's ridiculous for people to blow a gasket on here. There's no way a team can win with 3rd and 4th stringers starting almost exclusively on one side of the ball.

I never mentioned the Offense in my rant because to be honest, our WR's outside of Evans sucked and most people just swept that under the rug. A lot of people were banking on Losman to emerge this year and that hasn't happened.

I'm not shocked the offense has sucked, because frankly, I figured if Losman tanked they would suck anyways. It's not a surprise to me. Jauron has been a conservative play caller his entire career, so that doesn't surprise me either. I *****ed loud and clearly with his hiring and I didn't feel like airing the same complaints over and over like some here...

when the team keeps making the same mistakes over and over, you'll hear the same complaints over and over.

when every game reveals the same flaws, you'll hear the same complaints over and over- and rightfully so because there is no way to properly discuss the games without addressing those issues.

when people make a point and something happens during a game to validate that point, of course you're going to hear about it again.

Some people complain over and over, and some people ignore problems over and over.

Every week we get like 10 threads about how good Lynch looks- no one ever complains about those people airing that over and over.....

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 09:41 AM
you just created more whining freeman.

Bill Brasky
09-27-2007, 09:45 AM
i didn't create it, it's obviously deeply-rooted within a lot of these folks.

i really don't know what people were expecting this year with a scrub-built defense and a new OL that needs time to come together.

it's funny as hell watching some on here go berserk like they thought we were a playoff contender to begin with.

mybills
09-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Complaining isn't going to make them win.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 09:46 AM
it's funny as hell watching some on here go berserk like they thought we were a playoff contender to begin with.
we're still in it mathematically

:snicker:

OpIv37
09-27-2007, 09:52 AM
i didn't create it, it's obviously deeply-rooted within a lot of these folks.

i really don't know what people were expecting this year with a scrub-built defense and a new OL that needs time to come together.

ok, let's do this one more time.

As pessimistic as I was going in, I never thought it would be THIS bad. If you told me that after 3 games, we'd be 0-3, LAST in O, LAST in D, have six players on IR and 9 defenders plus Losman injured, and have only 2 offensive TD's with 0 passing TD's, even I would have said that it was insane. I'd have believed the 0-3 part because we had tough opponents, but not the rest of it.

Our defensive guys who are supposed to be improving aren't improving- they're recovering. Our offense just blows and it's not due to youth or inexperience or guys needing to learn the system- it's due to horrible coaching followed by bad QB play and bad WR play- things that are much more difficult to fix.

So, we were supposed to struggle but improve as the season goes on and be in good shape as next year. Instead, this team has even more flaws than anyone realized and development has been severely hindered by coaching and injuries. The rebuilding and improvement that we're supposed to see isn't happening, and that's just plain depressing. It's not going to get any better for the forseeable future- and that's the opposite of what was supposed to happen.

raphael120
09-27-2007, 10:24 AM

Ok, number 1...the Tom Donahoe excuses are over, most of these guys are guys Marv brought in, so *buzz* wrong.

Number 2, our starting defense was compromised of players who WOULD be 3rd or 4th stringers anywhere else in the league. Do you honestly believe McGee would be starting anywhere in the league? Jason Webster???

And of course you leave the offense out of the equasion because you havent thought of a good enough excuse for them yet.

G. Host
09-27-2007, 10:47 AM
you just created more whining freeman.

Whining and *****ing is the motto of this board.

OpIv37
09-27-2007, 10:55 AM
Whining and *****ing is the motto of this board.

as it should be when the Bills are in this bad a shape. There are very few good things to say about this team at the moment.

G. Host
09-27-2007, 10:58 AM
as it should be when the Bills are in this bad a shape. There are very few good things to say about this team at the moment.

Most of the whining and *****ing has nothing to do with Bills. Some are just whiny *****es.

shelby
09-27-2007, 10:59 AM
i love you, Op, i really do. You are intelligent, witty, and well-written.
But you are like a broken record. Please stop beating us over the head with how badly the Bills suck. We already know.

LtBillsFan66
09-27-2007, 11:02 AM
But you are like a broken record. Please stop beating us over the head with how badly the Bills suck. We already know.
What's he supposed to do on a Bills board? Without talking about the Bills this board would be nothing but "what's for dinner" threads (no offense honey!).

G. Host
09-27-2007, 11:06 AM
Actually off the board during the game he converses about the Bills without the whining and *****ing all of the time. Not sure why his "internet personality" is like that.

Now there are others who I have met in person are exactly like their internet personality and that is scary.

EDS
09-27-2007, 11:12 AM
The horrid defense was expected before the injuries, so now that the defense has been decimated by injuries it is no surprise that it is the worst unit in the NFL.

That said, the offense has no excuse for being the worst unit in the NFL. Yes they played good teams with strong defenses, but the offense (a) is entering its second season in the same system, (b) was upgrated from a talent (offensive line in particular, plus running back) and experience basis (i.e., JP is a vet within 24 starts under his belt) and (c) there is a rationale basis to believe that it would be at least as good as the unit that played quite well the last 8 games of last season. Was McGahee the key to the offense? I doubt it.

So again, what is the excuse for the offense? Fairchild? Did he magically forget what worked last year? Why is the offensive line still terrible after Marv spend millions to "upgrade" the line over the off-season? Why is Mike Gandy getting praise for his play in Arizone at left tackle? He signed for less then Walker.

Bill Brasky
09-27-2007, 11:34 AM
So again, what is the excuse for the offense? Fairchild? Did he magically forget what worked last year? Why is the offensive line still terrible after Marv spend millions to "upgrade" the line over the off-season? Why is Mike Gandy getting praise for his play in Arizone at left tackle? He signed for less then Walker.
OL's typically need a few games, sometimes an entire season in a new system, to gel. You can't marinate a steak by tossing it on a grill and just expecting results. It takes time, patience.

Gandy is getting praise? If I remember correctly, last year he was terrible and so was Edge and most of ARZ's offense. But over time, you improve within a new system. It doesn't happen over night. Nor does it happen with conservative play calling.

Marshawn has played well as a rook, but the passing game STINKS. I don't think many QB's would have success throwing to a doubled Lee Evans and guys like Price, Reed, and Parrish who have proven over several years they can't get open.

I'll refrain from my "we need a legit TE in this offense" argument because I've been saying that for several years and nothing has changed. Most great passing attacks have a good TE who can block and catch. Buffalo's TE's are capable of neither.

OpIv37
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM

This board is for discussing the Bills. Right now, pretty much everything about this team except Lynch sucks. So if we're not going to discuss how badly the Bills suck, you might as well shut the board down until we start winning. We can only have so many "Lynch is a beast" threads before it gets really old.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2007, 11:43 AM
This board is for discussing the Bills. Right now, pretty much everything about this team except Lynch sucks. So if we're not going to discuss how badly the Bills suck, you might as well shut the board down until we start winning. We can only have so many "Lynch is a beast" threads before it gets really old.

Lynch is a beast thread #24 coming right up.

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 11:45 AM
What's he supposed to do on a Bills board?
Find something positive for a change?

EDS
09-27-2007, 11:45 AM
OL's typically need a few games, sometimes an entire season in a new system, to gel. You can't marinate a steak by tossing it on a grill and just expecting results. It takes time, patience.

Gandy is getting praise? If I remember correctly, last year he was terrible and so was Edge and most of ARZ's offense. But over time, you improve within a new system. It doesn't happen over night. Nor does it happen with conservative play calling.

Marshawn has played well as a rook, but the passing game STINKS. I don't think many QB's would have success throwing to a doubled Lee Evans and guys like Price, Reed, and Parrish who have proven over several years they can't get open.

I'll refrain from my "we need a legit TE in this offense" argument because I've been saying that for several years and nothing has changed. Most great passing attacks have a good TE who can block and catch. Buffalo's TE's are capable of neither.

Gandy played for the Bills last year so he can't be blamed for Edge stinking last year. Note, Gandy is in his first season with the Cards and he is the starting left tackle. Why can he succeed in his first season with a new team and the Bills players - particularly highly paid veterans like Dockery and Walker - cannot? How many teams have the same 5 starters on their o-line from last year?

Plus they brought in veterans to play the line, Dockery and Walker got enough money they should be better then average starters from the get go.

Same wide receiver crew as last year, so not sure why last years success should not continue, particularly with more familiarity.

Perhaps if Marv didn't over spend for Peerless, Reed and Walker the Bills could have resigned Gandy and signed a decent wide receiver.

shelby
09-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Carry on, i'm just expressing my opinion.

i can always choose not to read.

mybills
09-27-2007, 11:48 AM
Find something positive for a change?
MaGee's gonna play this Sunday, right? :up:

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 11:48 AM
do you ever stop arguing with OP about his complaining about the same things?

:tongue:

shelby
09-27-2007, 11:49 AM
do you ever stop arguing with OP about his complaining about the same things?

:tongue:
er.....busted.:ontome::surrender

BillsFever21
09-28-2007, 02:26 AM
Well, then you are wrong.

It's really ridiculous to think that injuries are not relevant. There is never, ever *zero* drop-off when a starter goes down and is replaced with a backup. Even more when the backup goes down too, which has happened at linebacker.

Did I say that injuries are not relevant? I stated that it's not like we lost GREAT players. If you want to blame the entire collapse of the defense on losing guys like Jason Webster, Coy Wire and Keith Ellison then be my guest. That wouldn't surprise me here though where if they are a Bills player they are good. Them guys wouldn't even be starting on another team. Our defense was already horrible before losing them guys. When them guys are that bad and should be 2nd or 3rd string players on most teams then how much talent are you losing? Some were looking foward to DiGorgio playing in preseason(how don't know) then why is he being considered one of the scrubs that were thrust into action now?

Fact is this defense would have still been horrible and ranked close to last. The result might me a little worse but not drastically worse.

Also, the example given with the Patriots who had FAR worse injuries to important players then Buffalo have but still had a good defense even with Troy Brown as their starting CB proves the point that injuries isn't the entire excuse as to why they are terrible.

Now say we had the Bears defense and you just lost Lance Briggs, Nathan Vasher, Brian Urlacher and Daniel Manning and our defense was terrible then that would be a good excuse. Them would be great players to lose that would just devestate a defense. Losing Ko Simpson, Jason Webster, Keith Ellison and Coy Wire is not at the same level. Not one of them players would be starting on most teams in the NFL to begin with. MAYBE Ko Simpson would be the ONLY one. Ellison and Wire would be 2nd string at the very best on SOME teams. So when you are using the excuse our defense is only horrible because of injuries to these guys and having nothing but backups playing it's not hard to see even WITH them guys on the field we are still fielding a team with nothing but backup quality players.

The injury that just hurt was with Poz going down and now Leon Joe having to play. DiGorgio wasn't much of a difference from Ellison or Wire so you can't blame that position on injuries. Webster isn't any loss at all and wouldn't even make the roster on most teams. Unles you are one of the people who overrate everyone on the Bills then you would see this defense was doomed before losing 3rd string quality players to begin with.

The day you even expected to field guys like Jason Webster, Coy Wire and Keith Ellison in your starting lineup is the day your defense was screwed to begin with. Them two will be back soon and we will still suck and there won't be as many excuses to use after that.