• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

See ya later Losman!!!!

Edwards showed poise, and "veteran leadership" in practice this week according to Bills starters. "Thats what I needed" said one player, regarding Edwards.

Coaches and players backing Trent, warm that bench up JP because your days are DONE.
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

Re: See ya later Losman!!!!

1 good drive followed by several 3 and outs shows me nothing.

you can't rate a QB after 1 start and 3 days of practice.

the guy won 11 games as a college QB.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
      • Jun 2005

Doubt it unless he lights it up. This coaching staff needs to go anyway. Anything they say is worthless.

Comment

• PECKERWOOD
        Defies all logic
        • Oct 2006

Originally posted by jfreeman

you can't rate a QB after 1 start.

No kidding.

People get so sucked in. Right now in some people's minds, there is no chance in hell that Edwards fails. We could be drafting a QB in the 1st round next year for all we know.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
          Zero for Zero!
          • Mar 2003

What are the veterans goign to say???

"God, this guy sucked in practice."
          Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• JD
            Sabres Zone
            • Sep 2003

you can't rate a QB after 1 start and 3 days of practice.

Dude. He came in as a rookie, first game.. against the leagues best and pulled out 7 points. Get real. Give him time, JP has had P L E N T Y

and bro,
            ..STANFORD! ahahahahaha come on!
            “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              • Jan 2004

Well, if he's the savior, he would have come in and gone Vince Young on the Pats. Yeah, Stanford, big deal, if he's so damn good he would have carried his team to more than 11 wins in over 30+ starts. I could care less how much "talent" a guy has, I want to see wins. I want a QB who shows me he can win games, not a guy who comes in and has 1 good drive. Yeah, he's a rookie, but so were Tom Brady and Vince Young -- on "bad teams" -- that found ways to win at a young age. This guy has played 3.5 mediocre quarters and people are anointing him as the savior without seeing 90% of what he's capable of. Absolutely absurd.

He lit them up for 1 drive and you want to hand him the keys to the car. After that he went something like 6-15 and 50 yards.

This kind of knee-jerk thinking is exactly why this team has flat out SUCKED for 8 ****ing years, because people want to proclaim the savior after 3 good plays then throw him to the wolves after they realize their knee-jerk reactions were based on nothing.

GET REAL.

This reminds me of people calling for Johnson, Losman, and Collins when they showed "poise" after 3 quarters.

Comment

• JD
                Sabres Zone
                • Sep 2003

Well, if he's the savior, he would have come in and gone Vince Young on the Pats. Yeah, Stanford, big deal, if he's so damn good he would have carried his team to more than 11 wins in over 30+ starts. I could care less how much "talent" a guy has, I want to see wins. I want a QB who shows me he can win games, not a guy who comes in and has 1 good drive. Yeah, he's a rookie, but so were Tom Brady and Vince Young -- on "bad teams" -- that found ways to win at a young age. This guy has played 3.5 mediocre quarters and people are anointing him as the savior.

He lit them up for 1 drive and you want to hand him the keys to the car. After that he went something like 6-15 and 50 yards.

This kind of knee-jerk thinking is exactly why this team has flat out SUCKED for 8 ****ing years, because people want to proclaim the savior after 3 good plays then throw him to the wolves after they realize their knee-jerk reactions were based on nothing.

GET REAL.

This reminds me of people calling for Johnson, Losman, and Collins when they showed "poise" after 3 quarters.
                WHAT THE **** DO WE HAVE TO LOSE!?!?! NOBODY IS SAYING HES A ****ING SAVIOR. WE ARE SAYING "WHY THE **** NOT!?!?!".

THE ORGANISATION IS ****ED AS IT IS, THE ONLY WAY TO GO NOW IS UP. AND OBVIOUSLY JP IS NOT THE ANSWER. MAYBE THROW AWAY A FEW MORE SEASONS WITH HIM? EDWARDS SHOWED A GLIMMER OF HOPE, AND THATS MORE THAN THAT PIECE OF **** JP HAS SHOWED ME SINCE HE CAME HERE.

/capslock

Comment

• TigerJ
                  • Jul 2002

Edwards was said to be impressive in training camp, and of course he had a great showing in preseason games. The real test is what he can do when NFL defenses throw some deception at him at full speed. That's what slowed him down against NE after his first drive. Mangini is no dummy. He's seen film of the Buffalo-NE game. He'll have his own variations on that strategy. I'm sure Buffalo is doing their best to simulate what they think he might see versus the Jets, but unless they are awfully good guessers, Trent is still going to see some things he's never seen before, and the odds are he'll still look like a rookie some of the time. Hopefully, he can get enough of a crash course this week to A. let him use more of the playbook than he was allowed last week and B. give him a chance cope adequately with the stuff NY's defense throws at him.
                  Last edited by TigerJ; 09-26-2007, 11:04 PM.
                  I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                    WE ARE SAYING "WHY THE **** NOT!?!?!".
                    Yeah, they also said "WHY THE **** NOT" with Collins, Johnson, Losman, and Holcomb... and look where it got us. Progressively worse each time.

I agree that we might not have "anything to lose" by playing Edwards, but the fact that everyone is getting their hopes up based on his 1 good drive against the Pats is downright comical.

Originally posted by TigerJ
                    Edwards was said to be impressive in training camp, and of course he had a great showing in preseason games. The real test is what he can do when NFL defenses throw some deception at him at full speed. That's what slowed him down against NE after his first drive. Mangini is no dummy. He's seen film of the Buffalo-NE game. He'll have his own variations on that strategy. I'm sure Buffalo is doing their best to simulate what they think he might see versus the Jets, but unless they are awfully good guessers, Trent is still going to see some things he's never seen before, and the odds are he'll still look like a rookie some of the time. Hopefully, he can get enough of a crash course this week to A. let him use more of the playbook han he was allowed last week and B. give him a chance cope adequately with the stuff NY's defense throws at him.
                    Man, if only this board had more decent posts like this instead of ballistic knee-jerk reactions...

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

I didn't know freeman was a Licker. What a shame.

Comment

• Oaf
                        Do you read what you write?
                        • Jun 2007

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                          short bus extraordinaire
                          • Jul 2002

Well, if he's the savior, he would have come in and gone Vince Young on the Pats. Yeah, Stanford, big deal, if he's so damn good he would have carried his team to more than 11 wins in over 30+ starts. I could care less how much "talent" a guy has, I want to see wins. I want a QB who shows me he can win games, not a guy who comes in and has 1 good drive. Yeah, he's a rookie, but so were Tom Brady and Vince Young -- on "bad teams" -- that found ways to win at a young age. This guy has played 3.5 mediocre quarters and people are anointing him as the savior without seeing 90% of what he's capable of. Absolutely absurd.

the Losman excuses stem from poor play calling,bad coaching,etc.....the same doesn't apply for Edwards?i think we have a legitamite beef for Edwards not being able to "come in and go Vince Young."
                          we've put up with 3.5 years of below average results with Losman.if you want "a QB who shows me he can win games,"it's absolutely absurd that you think Losman is the answer.
                          Originally posted by yordad
                          Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• shelby
                            The Vanilla *****
                            • Jul 2002

Why does it have to be one or the other?

Why can't it be whoever produces, starts? And we, as fans, are ok with that?

Y'all are creating controversy where there needs to be none.

Comment

• colin
                              Drew's my hero!
                              • Jul 2002

the big thing to me is edwards is getting a couple of really soft Ds, so he may very well come out and look much better than jp.

if that gives him some confidence, gives our coaches the balls to play to win, then he has a good chance of staying on

Comment

Working...
                              X