The Jets have more respect for the Bills than the fans do...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla *****
    • Jul 2002

The Jets have more respect for the Bills than the fans do...

Is this just Mangini psyching us out, or is he being sincere?

The Jets may be more optimistic about the Bills than the Bills.

While the downtrodden Buffalo team is off to an 0-3 start, at the bottom of the league in both offense and defense, and facing so many injuries that guys who were on the street two weeks ago are in the starting lineup, the Jets are convinced that the Bills are a slumbering juggernaut.

That might be part of the mental preparation for an NFL game, a way of avoiding a letdown against an inferior opponent. And there's no sense in riling up the enemy by telling them that they stink. Let them be 0-3 before the game, 0-4 after the game, maybe even 0-6 when the teams meet again in four weeks.

But the way the Jets were carrying on Wednesday, it's as if some of them should have been wearing throwback Jim Kelly jerseys and those big foam No. 1 fingers in red and blue.
    Jets still believe Buffalo will break out

• DMBcrew36
    • Feb 2005

Re: The Jets have more respect for the Bills than the fans do...

Eh, I mean, what else are the Jets going to say. "The Bills suck and we'll kill 'em"? You know deep down that they like their chances. They're just telling themselves all that stuff so they don't overlook us. Don't get me wrong, though, they aren't that much better than us, if at all.

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by shelby
      Jets still believe Buffalo will break out
      I Billieve .
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

That might be part of the mental preparation for an NFL game, a way of avoiding a letdown against an inferior opponent.

Comment

• justasportsfan
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DMBcrew36
          Eh, I mean, what else are the Jets going to say. "The Bills suck and we'll kill 'em"?
          Yes!
          sacrifice1
          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

That wouldn't take much. . .
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
              Roways rooking ahread!
              • Sep 2005

With Edwards in there and a full week of practice under his belt they maybe right.

Comment

• mybills
                81 st zoner
                • Jul 2002

"In the eight years I've been in the league I can honestly say that you can never look at a team [on film] and say: 'These guys stink,'" Coles said.

(They say the camera adds 10 pounds. In the NFL, it may add 10 wins. But that doesn't mean they are really there.)
                I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RockStar36
                  Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                  • Sep 2004

Of course they will say that.

There is no way they would provide bulletin board material the week of the game. They are being good boys and saying the right things.

D & S Sports

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                    • Sep 2004

I think that the Bill and Jets will play a tough game, i dont care who is injured, this is a division matchup, it will be a fun game to watch.

Comment

Working...
                    X