PDA

View Full Version : Losman should be suspended

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 07:25 AM
J.P. Losman should be suspended by the league for intentionally planting his front leg into Wilforks forearm.

Losman should also be fined $25,000

This could have resulted in a serious injury and this can not be tolarated.

Watch the hit below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3g

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 07:36 AM
:blowup: crazy

shelby
09-27-2007, 07:59 AM
:ill:

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 08:02 AM
Absolutely. Just like the returner who stuck his chest into Everett's helmet.

Michael82
09-27-2007, 08:21 AM
:ill:

If Wilfork is not suspended or at least fined heavily, I will believe that the Patriots are Goodell's team again. It started with the slap in the wrist for Belicheat. Now if Wilfork doesn't get what he deserved, that would be the final straw. :mad:

gil
09-27-2007, 08:23 AM
dumbest. post. ever.

Michael82
09-27-2007, 08:25 AM
dumbest. post. ever.
it's called sarcasm! :rofl:

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 08:50 AM
it's called sarcasm! :rofl:

Haaaaaaaa, Its a shame you need to tell some people that!

Now that's funny!

Dolphanzeke
09-27-2007, 09:00 AM
Just another reason for disdain of the pats....nice launch Wilfork.. karma is a ***** im sure it will come around.

shelby
09-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Wally, you may find it helpful around here to use the /sarcasm tag.
:D

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 09:13 AM
Wally, you may find it helpful around here to use the /sarcasm tag.
:D

Do you think?

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 10:08 AM
Just another reason for disdain of the pats....nice launch Wilfork.. karma is a ***** im sure it will come around.

Ahhh, he was just trying to break his fall:angel:

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 10:08 AM
and pats fans said he was pushed into Losman. What a crock.

BTW Wally, if it wasn't obvious that they'd be favoring NE ,I'm almost sure the NFL would fine Losman.

mybills
09-27-2007, 10:19 AM
Did you see this one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntw7G7enxEk&mode=related&search=
Turn up the volume. :spit: At the Brady one especially!

Static
09-27-2007, 10:33 AM
Looked like a dirty hit to me.

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 11:09 AM
Looked like a dirty hit to me.

Have you ever seen a more obvious Cheap shot...not me!

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 11:31 AM
Vince says it wasn't a cheap shot (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/wilfork_on_hit.html):

Nose tackle Vince Wilfork drew a large media crowd in the Patriots' locker room today, and said he's reached out to Bills QB J.P. Losman to let him know he did not intend to injure him in Sunday's game.

Wilfork and Losman have yet to connect. Wilfork, who has yet to hear from the NFL regarding a potential fine, feels his reputation is taking an unfair hit.

"Let me make something clear," he said while sitting at his locker, surrounded by cameras. "A lot of people probably listened to what I said and took it the wrong way. The only reason I talked about a fine is that they have a rule for quarterbacks -- if you hit them below the waist you're subject to a fine. A lot of people probably think that Wilfork doesn't care, he's looking for the fine. That wasn't the fact. I got penalized for that, there are consequences behind that.

"Did I mean to do that? No, far from that. Like I just said, if you know me as a person and a player, it wouldn't be an issue because they know I have too much respect and love for this game, and for players, for me to be a dirty player.

"So if you don't know me, don't judge me. Point blank, that's what I want people to know. You have a lot of people out there saying 'that was a dirty hit.' If you don't know me, get to know me. Because if you know me, that wouldn't be a question. I'm not a dirty player."

Wilfork was asked if he felt center Melvin Fowler was riding him on the hit on Losman, which came on the game's first play and knocked Losman out of the contest after three plays (knee strain).

"I have one guy tripping me up, and I have one guy hitting my left leg," Wilfork said. "Of course, that's the only reason I was falling. I'm mad at the reason, because he's hurt. That's a quarterback. That's what I regret. Him being a quarterback and getting hurt wasn't intentional."

Wilfork said he has some friends on the Bills and has reached out to Losman through them.

"I've tried to talk to him, as a person, to let him know how I feel about the whole situation. We have people blowing this thing out of proportion, saying how dirty I am. All these years I've been playing football, never once have I been labeled a dirty player. All of a sudden, I'm a dirty player. ...

"When I leave this earth, I'm going to leave with one thing, and that's my name. Don't bash my name because of one incident. As long as he understands that wasn't intentional, and that organization [understands], I'm fine."

Wilfork was asked to clear up how he landed on Losman, with his right elbow flexed as he was falling. The elbow made contact with Losman's knee.

"I have a million and one things going on in my mind," he said. "You're tripping, a 300-and-something pound [lineman] tripping, I have no idea what's going on. I don't know where my arm is at. Like I said, it wasn't intentional."

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 11:33 AM
Vince says it wasn't a cheap shot (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/2007/09/wilfork_on_hit.html):
what he says and what the video shows are 2 different things. What's he supposed to say? I wanted to end his career. Give me a break, er I mean JP.

mybills
09-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Protest much, Wilfork?

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 11:35 AM
"I have one guy tripping me up, and I have one guy hitting my left leg," Wilfork said.

UH, the video shows otherwise.

Jeff1220
09-27-2007, 11:36 AM
For some reason, I haven't been able to start new threads. I've been trying to post this for 2 days and for some reason it won't work and is only related to this in how disgusting the Pats are. If it could be forked into a new thread, I'd appreciate it:

Cheatriots get away w/ SB cheating?

Awesome article by Easterbrook on how the NFL is sweeping the cheatriots scandal under the rug...

Reader Abhijit Kumbare of San Jose, Calif., writes, "It is very fishy that the NFL immediately destroyed all the evidence submitted by the Patriots." Steve Libenson of New York writes, "Consider what the press reaction would have been if David Stern had collected all the evidence about the ref altering games, then immediately destroyed that evidence without saying what it showed, and did so four days after going on national television and promising to get to the bottom of things."
Fishy, indeed. On Sunday, Sept. 16, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell went on national TV and promised he would get to the bottom of the Patriots' sign-stealing. Four days later, the NFL announced all videotapes and other spying materials compiled by the Patriots had been obtained by the league and destroyed. Goodell, who until then had been very upfront in addressing the Beli-Cheat scandal, didn't go back on television to say what the tapes contained; the commissioner has been in radio silence about the Patriots since the files arrived at the NFL's Park Avenue headquarters. The league acted in a hurry to dispose of damning documents, but has not revealed what was in the tapes and notes, nor said why there was a rush to get rid of them.
The lack of answers leaves several questions hanging out there. Chief among them: Is it possible the Patriots' tapes showed some evidence of New England cheating in a Super Bowl?
This weekend, in an e-mail exchange with NFL spokesman Greg Aiello, I asked twice whether the Patriots' documents contained evidence of cheating in the Super Bowl, and Aiello twice declined to either confirm or deny the existence of such evidence. The first time, he changed the subject with a detailed response about the original penalty; and the second time, after I protested he hadn't answered my questions, he replied, "I did answer your questions to the extent I'm going to answer them."
As a matter of logic, refusing to deny something is not the same as admitting it. But if the Patriots' tapes and documents contained no indication of cheating in the Super Bowl, it would be strongly in the NFL's interest to publicize this. Instead, the New England documents were shredded within roughly 48 hours of the NFL receiving them -- see timeline below. The rapid shredding occurred although Goodell said nothing about plans to destroy the materials when he was on national TV vowing his purpose was "maintaining the integrity of the NFL."

See the entire article here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070925

To me this is evidence that there was foul play in the winning of those SBs!

shelby
09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Done, Jeff, and i will bring your troubles to the attention of an Admin.

mybills
09-27-2007, 11:41 AM
If the Bills ever pulled this crap, I would stop rooting for them. :down:

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 11:51 AM
"I have one guy tripping me up, and I have one guy hitting my left leg," Wilfork said.

UH, the video shows otherwise.

I do not see how the NFL can avoid a suspension...its just to obvious!

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I do not see how the NFL can avoid a suspension...its just to obvious!
Kelsay was fined for way less that wasn't even called a penalty by the refs. Wilfork didn't even get as much as a call.

If this was done to Brady all hell would break loose.

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Kelsay was fined for way less that wasn't even called a penalty by the refs. Wilfork didn't even get as much as a call.

Wilfork got a 15-yard penalty for hitting the QB low. That is an automatic flag.

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 12:25 PM
Wilfork got a 15-yard penalty for hitting the QB low. That is an automatic flag.

Crazy, I thought the news rules made it clear.

If this is protecting the QB, we need to throw the rules out.

They don't work.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 12:26 PM

I'm not disagreeing. Kelsay didn't get a flag and he got fined. :idunno:

shelby
09-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Has Wilfork been fined yet?
If not, i'd imagine he won't be.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 12:27 PM

per NE39's article, he hasn' even gotten a call but I'm sure he got a thank you call from Vincent and Drew.

don137
09-27-2007, 12:32 PM
For some reason, I haven't been able to start new threads. I've been trying to post this for 2 days and for some reason it won't work and is only related to this in how disgusting the Pats are. If it could be forked into a new thread, I'd appreciate it:

Cheatriots get away w/ SB cheating?

Awesome article by Easterbrook on how the NFL is sweeping the cheatriots scandal under the rug...

See the entire article here:
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=easterbrook/070925

To me this is evidence that there was foul play in the winning of those SBs!

There was talk a few weeks ago in the Panthers locker room that they thought the Patriots video taped a few a their practices right before the Super Bowl. Is it a coincidence that players from their opponents stated that they felt like they knew the play. Believe me those championships deserve an astericks just like Barry Bonds.

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 12:33 PM
If the Bills ever pulled this crap, I would stop rooting for them. :down:

If that were the case, you would have stopped rooting for them when they drafted Brad Butler (http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2005/10/video-of-one-of-dirtiest-of-plays.html).

Interesting, you didn't see the Bills react like BC reacted when Butler chopped Kiwanuka after the play. That is because they realized it wasn't intended, rather is was just a bad play by Wilfork.

In the end, you are kidding yourself. Fans don't root for the players, they root for the laundry.

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 12:35 PM

Fines don't normally come out until the Friday after the games. Wilfork will almost certainly be fined, which is standard procedure.

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 12:37 PM
There was talk a few weeks ago in the Panthers locker room that they thought the Patriots video taped a few a their practices right before the Super Bowl. Is it a coincidence that players from their opponents stated that they felt like they knew the play. Believe me those championships deserve an astericks just like Barry Bonds.

Well, if there is talk then it must certainly be true, right?

The ironic part is this is the greatest thing to happen for this season. Because of all the talk degrading their past accomplishments, the Pats have a chip on their shoulder and are taking it out on opponents every week.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 12:42 PM
the Pats have a chip on their shoulder and are taking it out on opponents every week.

I noticed that when they went for the QB's knee

:snicker:

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 01:18 PM
I noticed that when they went for the QB's knee

:snicker:

Heeeeeeeeee

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 01:46 PM

Wilfork received notice today that he was fined $12,000 for the hit.

mybills
09-27-2007, 02:38 PM
If that were the case, you would have stopped rooting for them when they drafted Brad Butler (http://thewizardofodds.blogspot.com/2005/10/video-of-one-of-dirtiest-of-plays.html).

Interesting, you didn't see the Bills react like BC reacted when Butler chopped Kiwanuka after the play. That is because they realized it wasn't intended, rather is was just a bad play by Wilfork.

In the end, you are kidding yourself. Fans don't root for the players, they root for the laundry.
What does that have to do with cheating video & audio tapes? :dizzy:
Follow along Pats fan.

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Wilfork received notice today that he was fined $12,000 for the hit.

For the price of a 5 year Chevrolet Cavalier he can take out a teams million dollar starting QB...unbelievable!

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 02:50 PM
For the price of a 5 year Chevrolet Cavalier you're getting screwed Wally.

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 02:50 PM
What does that have to do with cheating video & audio tapes? :dizzy:
Follow along Pats fan.

You referenced "this crap". The thread is about the Losman injury.

mybills
09-27-2007, 02:53 PM
Well, I wasn't gonna quote Jeff's entire post. :D

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 03:40 PM
:couch:

churchinski
09-27-2007, 05:20 PM
J.P. Losman should be suspended by the league for intentionally planting his front leg into Wilforks forearm.

Losman should also be fined $25,000

This could have resulted in a serious injury and this can not be tolarated.

Watch the hit below!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3POT8n2Qk3gI hope they do suspend him

They'll be doing the Bills a favor.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-27-2007, 07:52 PM
thats the first I saw it... now I believe it was a cheap shot!