PDA

View Full Version : Bills "'downsizing" game plan for Jets?

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 07:29 AM
According to Dick Jauron (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/09/27/2007-09-27_jets_bills_are_due_for_victory.html):

Coach Dick Jauron said the Bills will downsize the game plan to accommodate Edwards.

From the sound of this, he probably means they will scale back the passing game and run the ball more. That makes sense, given Edwards is a rookie QB and the Jets are 20th in the NFL at 121.3 yards rushing allowed per game.

The Bills should put a lot of draws and screens in this gameplan, because the Jets are likely to blitz like crazy to try and rattle Edwards. The Jets have to blitz because they can't pressure the QB without doing so.

It should be an interesting to see how Edwards handles this game. The thing he seems to have going for him, based on the limited time I've seen him play, is he is poised in the pocket and accurate with his throws. In this game, what he does pre-snap will go a long way to determining the outcome. If he can recognize when and where the blitz is coming and adjust accordingly, he could have a very good day. He needs to get the ball out quickly when the rush is coming.

mybills
09-27-2007, 07:37 AM
He's a pocket passer, so scaling back the passing game will hurt him. He'll look a lot like JP has out there, This play book that they've been using needs to be tossed out the window.

BlackMetalNinja
09-27-2007, 07:42 AM
Maybe they'll use that same playbook then went to after Edwards TD drive last week.

Marshawn up the middle on 1st, Marshawn up the middle on 2nd, Marshawn up the middle on 3rd.

Granted I'd like to see more carries for Lynch, but when it becomes obvious that you're going up the gut over and over again, it's pretty pointless. I agree with mybills, throw their damn playbook out the window already.

Michael82
09-27-2007, 07:46 AM
So basically they are using the same ****ing gameplan as the first 2 weeks of the season??? :ill: :puke:

Bufftp
09-27-2007, 07:49 AM
we're taking out the wide recievers.....

.... oh wait they have yet to be in a game plan all season.

djjimkelly
09-27-2007, 07:55 AM
the concept of downsizing our gameplan blows my mind we already only run like 4 or 5 sets and do the same things from. are we planning somehow to get 5 Te's on field at same time this week?

BlackMetalNinja
09-27-2007, 08:00 AM
the concept of downsizing our gameplan blows my mind we already only run like 4 or 5 sets and do the same things from. are we planning somehow to get 5 Te's on field at same time this week?

We have TEs???

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 08:13 AM
So basically they are using the same ****ing gameplan as the first 2 weeks of the season??? :ill: :puke:
Yeah, downsizing our game plan is like saying Bethlehem Steel is going to downsize its operations in Lackawanna.

Michael82
09-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Yeah, downsizing our game plan is like saying Bethlehem Steel is going to downsize its operations in Lackawanna.
:laughing:

Mad Bomber
09-27-2007, 08:24 AM
:spit:

mybills
09-27-2007, 12:47 PM

OpIv37
09-27-2007, 12:49 PM
downsizing from what? We only run 5 plays.

Guess we're down to 3: run, pass, punt.

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 12:54 PM
downsizing from what? We only run 5 plays.

Guess we're down to 3: run, pass, punt.
Geez, Op, let's not be giving away our strategy right before the game.

Michael82
09-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Nice one, mybills!
:lmao:

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 01:10 PM
this simply means we will see a lot of 2 TE's sets with 4 wr sets at the same time....all of whom will block for LYnch :ill:

historypete
09-27-2007, 01:44 PM
We are downsizing our offensive gameplan? How can it get downsized any further then what it already has been? Oh wait, we need to gameplan in the first place in order to downsized.

This is just another excuse as to why we are only going to put up 10 points, I might be going out on a limb to say we'll score 10 with Fairchild calling the plays, and lose the game. Look, I thought they belived Edwards was a smart QB, if so I think the kid can handle the full playbook. Plus, lets not forget he has been practicing, studying and attending meetings since the beginning of May. Let the kid loose. This is the main reason why most of us are angry. Fairchild and Jauron won't turn the offense loose. Who cares if he throws picks, at least go down fighting. I've seen enough of Ryan Neufeld as an H-Back and Royal trying to run a three yard pattern. Enough is enough, screw the excuses let the offense do something other than play to try and keep the ball away from the other team. The last couple of weeks have proven that to be a failure.

Night Train
09-27-2007, 01:52 PM
If the run doesn't work early, I don't want to see Jauron setting up the strategic punt in the 3rd quarter, with the Bills down by 20.

He'll be booed out of the stadium if he doesn't let Edwards go downfield.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2007, 01:52 PM
Frankly, This is a vanilla offense minus the beans.

(I never get to use Frank and beans in a sentence often enough)

RedEyE
09-27-2007, 02:50 PM
1)Lynch for 5

2)Pass to Peerless in the flats incomplete (drop)

3)3 yard slant to Roscoe or Reed

4)punt

1) Lynch to the right for 5

2) TE fade that goes wrong - sack for minus 11

3) Lynch for 8

4) Punt

and so on and so forth...

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 03:19 PM
When you downsize from putrid, what do you end up with?

Attrocious, Abyssmal, Pathetic, Stupid, ******ed,. Idiotic, Bland?

Choose your descriptive term, if we're really downsizing the offense, we'll be lucky to pick up a first down past the first drive.