• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

TRUST ME ON THIS

For anyone who’s been on this board for any length of time, you’ll know that I’m not very fond of the owner, the front office, the way this organization is run and the lack of good players on this football team.

I am a “realist” to some and some far-worse words to others. I continue to hammer what I perceive as an amateur organization and for people who disagreed before, you can see why now. Anyone who thinks this team is 0-3 because of injuries you’re out of your mind. This is a bad football team, that’s poorly coached, run by a GM who’s old and in over his head and a scumbag owner who cares little about winning and as evidenced by his press conference a few months ago; not very committal about making sure the Bills stay in Buffalo once he bites the bullet.

Point being- praise for this team and players doesn’t come easily through me, so if I say something good about this team, then it should be taken with more than a grain of salt.

I see a lot of people down on him already, but I think you guys are out of your mind. For the first time in several years, Im actually EXCITED about our quarterback. I don’t what planet you’re from, but Trent Edwards is going to be a very good F’n quarterback for this team.

Again, I am far from a homer, so trust me when I tell you this. Within 10 days from now, the JP debate will be over and win or lose the next two games, you’re going to be pumped about Edwards’ future with this team, I”ll put MONEY on it.

BTW, I decided on this before week one started.
    http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=133655&highlight=edwards

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: TRUST ME ON THIS

You could be right, Pat. But I think it's a little early to annoint Edwards as our next great QB.

BTW, weren't you all over the Bills for taking him in the 3rd round rather than a CB or some other position of perceived greater need?
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

Yes I was, and said so in that thread.

Im not annoiting him anything right now.. But Im telling you this guy is good, he's BETTER than Losman I guarentee it. Not saying hes Young, Brady, Manning, etc..

Comment

• don137
        • Jul 2002

I think everybody is cautiously optimistic about Edwards. He's smart, looked great in pre-season, comes highly recommended from Bill Walsh and seems to have many intangibles such as poise, pocket awareness, willingness to take a leadership role, etc. I will not expect great things from him just yet. I will support #7 or #5. Doesn't matter who is starting as long as the best player is out there.

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Unless Edwards somehow beats the Jets and Cowboys or has a Peyton Manning type game in one of the two Losman will be our starting QB.

Comment

• don137
            • Jul 2002

One thing for sure if he does well against some tough defenses in Dallas and Baltimore he stands a chance to start the rest of the way. IMO, he will do some things great and at times make rookie mistakes but not enough to hold off JP once he is healthy again. However, the leash with JP will be very short if Edwards perform admirably and JP stinks it up again when he comes back.

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

What will you be saying if Edwards gets a season ending injury this Sunday?

Oh, I know, "GO JP!"
              I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• RockStar36
                Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                • Sep 2004

I'm not reading that really long post in a different font.

Please summarize in 1-2 sentences. Thanks.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                  Roways rooking ahread!
                  • Sep 2005

Originally posted by RockStar36
                  I'm not reading that really long post in a different font.

Please summarize in 1-2 sentences. Thanks.
                  Pat likes Edwards over JP, it's the 22nd time he's written a post about it as well.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

Originally posted by Skooby
                    Pat likes Edwards over JP, it's the 22nd time he's written a post about it as well.
                    Ya and three weeks ago you said he sucks and that he only played good in preseason because he was playing against the “walmart crew”

Then two weeks later Bill Walsh on his deathbed told Levy how great he is. The way you make it out, instead of saying goodbye to his family Walsh called Levy instead and said to draft the kid.

Make up your f’n mind. At least most the homers on here are consistent. You don’t even know what the hell you want. You’ll say ANYTHING to be on the “pos rep” tip. LOL, whatever.

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                      Roways rooking ahread!
                      • Sep 2005

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                      Ya and three weeks ago you said he sucks and that he only played good in preseason because he was playing against the “walmart crew”

Then two weeks later Bill Walsh on his deathbed told Levy how great he is. The way you make it out, instead of saying goodbye to his family Walsh called Levy instead and said to draft the kid.

Make up your f’n mind. At least most the homers on here are consistent. You don’t even know what the hell you want. You’ll say ANYTHING to be on the “pos rep” tip. LOL, whatever.
                      I like JP, the cat just has no upside. Edwards played excellent during the pre-season against a untested crew (Walmart & what have you) and is a pocket type of passer which this offense is designed for. Edwards fits better here and now.

My mind is made up, Edwards needs to play and we'll see how he does. If we draft brohm I may like him better. I guess I need to check the rule book about changing my mind.

Your rep's on the way.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                        Next Question!
                        • Nov 2004

Put money on it? If gambling were legal, how much would you be willing to bet?

Jon

Comment

• Oaf
                          Do you read what you write?
                          • Jun 2007

Weren't you this "excited" when JP was about to have his first start in the opener about the Texans? Any time you switch to the young upstart, you're hoping for that spark, and then for the fire. This is no different.

Comment

• DynaPaul
                            • Sep 2003

The Jets are gonna blitz the hell out of Edwards on Sunday. Hopefully he'll make those hot reads and get the ball out quick.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

I'm just not sure Edwards is going to do any better, and it's not really an indication of him being good or bad. The cold, hard facts seem to point at the schemes not working, receivers not getting open, etc. If Peyton Manning was starting on Sunday I'm not sure Buffalo would score more than 10 points. But Manning's not starting, a 3rd round rookie is. I'm just not getting my hopes up that he's going to do any better than Losman.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X