PDA

View Full Version : Dummy- JP's record as a starter

patmoran2006
09-27-2007, 11:24 AM
TAckling Dummy, since I know your obsessed with your hate of Losman, what is his actual record as a starter?

And how many of those wins came against sub .500 teams.?

LtBillsFan66
09-27-2007, 11:35 AM
I know he pwns the Texans!

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 11:36 AM
TAckling Dummy, since I know your obsessed with your hate of Losman, what is his actual record as a starter?

And how many of those wins came against sub .500 teams.?

8-19

1 win against a team with a above .500 record, Jets last year.

Some of those wins were against teams with .500 records.

Mitchy moo
09-27-2007, 11:41 AM
Hall of fame career?? :blowup:

RockStar36
09-27-2007, 11:52 AM
So...the point of this thread is to just stir up trouble. Everyone can read his signature.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 11:55 AM

Houston (2-14) Win
Tampa Bay (11-5) Lost
Atlanta (8-8) Lost
New Orleans (3-13) Lost
Chargers (9-7) Lost
Panthers (11-5) Lost
Dolphins (9-7) Lost
Patriots (10-6) Lost

New England (12-4) Lost
Dolphins (6-10) Won
Jets (10-6) Lost
Vikings (6-10) Win
Bears (13-3) Lost
Lions (3-13) Lost
New England (12-4) Lost
Packers (8-8) Won
Colts (12-4) Lost
Texans (6-10) Won
Jags (8-8) Win
Chargers (12-4) Lost
Jets (10-6) Won
Miami (6-10) Won
Titans (8-8) Lost
Ravens (13-3) Lost

Denver (2-1) Lost
Pitts. (3-0) Lost
New England (3-0) Lost

The question really isn't how many games JP won as starter. It's how many of those close games the Bills lost that they should have won if JP produced.

You could look at it this way, JP only lost to 2 teams with losing records. The other 17 losses came against teams with .500 or above records.

Wraith
09-27-2007, 12:02 PM

Houston (2-14) Win
Tampa Bay (11-5) Lost
Atlanta (8-8) Lost
New Orleans (3-13) Lost
Chargers (9-7) Lost
Panthers (11-5) Lost
Dolphins (9-7) Lost
Patriots (10-6) Lost

New England (12-4) Lost
Dolphins (6-10) Won
Jets (10-6) Lost
Vikings (6-10) Win
Bears (13-3) Lost
Lions (3-13) Lost
New England (12-4) Lost
Packers (8-8) Won
Colts (12-4) Lost
Texans (6-10) Won
Jags (8-8) Win
Chargers (12-4) Lost
Jets (10-6) Won
Miami (6-10) Won
Titans (8-8) Lost
Ravens (13-3) Lost

Denver (2-1) Lost
Pitts. (3-0) Lost
New England (3-0) Lost

The question really isn't how many games JP won as starter. It's how many of those close games the Bills lost that they should have won if JP produced.

You could look at it this way, JP only lost to 2 teams with losing records. The other 17 losses came against teams with .500 or above records.

Might as well throw in the game against KC that he won in 2005. Sure, he didn't start that game, but can we really award the win to Kelly Holcomb? Losman threw for the only two touchdowns scored in that game, and the Chiefs finished at 10 - 6 that year.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 12:09 PM
Records of the teams the Bills beat win JP was starter 52-76.

Records of the teams the Bills Lost to when JP was starter 164-101.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 12:11 PM
Might as well throw in the game against KC that he won in 2005. Sure, he didn't start that game, but can we really award the win to Kelly Holcomb? Losman threw for the only two touchdowns scored in that game, and the Chiefs finished at 10 - 6 that year.

Sorry, JP didn't start.

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 12:16 PM
So what?

Wraith
09-27-2007, 12:19 PM
Sorry, JP didn't start.

Fortunately for me, YOU don't get to make that distinction.

Every reader of this topic gets to decide for themselves whether to ignore a game in which Losman played the vast majority of while throwing for the only points the Bills scored that day enroute to a 14 - 3 Buffalo victory over a good Chiefs team that ended the season at 10 - 6.

If you want to discard it from your analysis, that's fine, but good luck trying to convince the intelligent posters of this thread that Losman shouldn't get credit for that game because he failed to do something as trivial as taking the first snap of the game for his team.

This would be like me trying to claim that Losman should get the credit if the game on Sunday had ended with the Bills leading 7 - 3. I would get laughed off this board, and rightfully so.

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 12:27 PM
Fortunately for me, YOU don't get to make that distinction.

Every reader of this topic gets to decide for themselves whether to ignore a game in which Losman played the vast majority of while throwing for the only points the Bills scored that day enroute to a 14 - 3 Buffalo victory over a good Chiefs team that ended the season at 10 - 6.

If you want to discard it from your analysis, that's fine, but good luck trying to convince the intelligent posters of this thread that Losman shouldn't get credit for that game because he failed to do something as trivial as taking the first snap of the game for his team.

This would be like me trying to claim that Losman should get the credit if game on Sunday had ended with the Bills leading 7 - 3. I would get laughed off this board, and rightfully so.
Unfortunately, as the starter Losman gets tagged with Sunday's loss, though. After what, 3 plays?

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 12:28 PM
Fortunately for me, YOU don't get to make that distinction. I know, the record books make that distinction.

If you want to discard it from your analysis, that's fine, but good luck trying to convince the intelligent posters of this thread that Losman shouldn't get credit for that game because he failed to do something as trivial as taking the first snap of the game for his team. Holcomb started, JP came in after Holcomb got hurt. Does it make it right? Nope. It is what it is.

This would be like me trying to claim that Losman should get the credit if game on Sunday had ended with the Bills leading 7 - 3. I would get laughed off this board, and rightfully so. If the Bills won Sunday I would have put it under "games the Bills won when JP started". Does it make it right? Probably not. But JP started and that's all that matters for this analysis.

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 12:31 PM
All of this proves the old adage, Figures don't lie, but liars figure.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Show me one thing that is a lie and not a fact. Thanks. :up:

I am actually trying to be nice to Losman in this thread. Look at the records of the teams the Bills lost to when JP started. I wouldn't have brought that up if I wanted to bash him.

Wraith
09-27-2007, 12:35 PM

I wouldn't get too upset. My points been made. Anyone who takes the time to actually read the thread will know about the deception.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 12:38 PM
I wouldn't get too upset. My points been made. Anyone who takes the time to actually read the thread will know about the deception.

What is the title of this thread? Who started the KC game? Easy questions, thanks. :up:

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Wraith, I agree with you. I was talking about the specious arguments of the TD/pm set.

patmoran2006
09-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Why are people so down on Edwards?

How much ****in worse can he possibly be than this crap?

Wraith
09-27-2007, 12:44 PM

Well, for starters, he could start losing games to teams with losing records.

Who is down on Edwards?

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 12:57 PM
Wraith, I agree with you. I was talking about the specious arguments of the TD/pm set.

Even if JP started the KC game does it really make that much of a difference between being 1-15 or being 2-15 against teams with above .500 records?

Jan Reimers
09-27-2007, 01:00 PM

Most of us are not down on Edwards. We want him to do well. We want him to beat the Jets. We want to have 2 great QBs. We're just not quite ready to annoint Edwards the next Jim Kelly after 1 start.

And a lot of us happen to think JP is a good, developing QB. I think your hate for JP is clouding your judgment.

Bill Cody
09-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Even if JP started the KC game does it really make that much of a difference between being 1-15 or being 2-15 against teams with above .500 records?

To the lickers it's a big deal.

raphael120
09-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Most of us are not down on Edwards. We want him to do well. We want him to beat the Jets. We want to have 2 great QBs. We're just not quite ready to annoint Edwards the next Jim Kelly after 1 start.

And a lot of us happen to think JP is a good, developing QB. I think your hate for JP is clouding your judgment.

The only thing I saw developing after JPs first two games this year was a load of crap on the field.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 02:31 PM
The only thing I saw developing after JPs first two games this year was a load of crap on the field.

Lost in JPs injury is the fact that he held on to the ball to long and then fumbled in the New England game.

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 03:10 PM

Don't forget that game he came in to play against the Pats in 04...where he threw a pick and everything. If you want to count all games JP played in to formulate his record, seeing I'm seeing that trend with KC...you then have to count the loss to the Pats in 04.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 03:18 PM
Don't forget that game he came in to play against the Pats in 04...where he threw a pick and everything. If you want to count all games JP played in to formulate his record, seeing I'm seeing that trend with KC...you then have to count the loss to the Pats in 04.

How dare you bring that up. Hater.

JD
09-27-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure who ever compared Edwards to Kelly or called him our "savior", Jan. Would you enlighten me??

We just basically feel that JP's time is up and its about time we give someone else a go. If we lose the next five games with Edwards are you all going to say he is horrible? I for one will not. This entire TEAM is garbage! You put a decent QB on a garbage team, he is still going to look like ****. Until we give Trent as much time as we gave JP, I will not bag on him at all.. no matter how bad he does. Hes a rookie, he can make mistakes. JP is not, but he still makes rookie mistakes.

Get real!

SABURZFAN
09-27-2007, 05:02 PM
So...the point of this thread is to just stir up trouble. Everyone can read his signature.

and there you go jumping to conclusions.you're a ****ing Mod and set a poor example.you should be stripped of the title.

SABURZFAN
09-27-2007, 05:04 PM

the same can be said about a Licker thread.

SABURZFAN
09-27-2007, 05:09 PM
a lot of us happen to think JP is a good, developing QB. I think your hate for JP is clouding your judgment.

a lot of us happen to think JP is garbage and shows little development. i think because of that, it clouds your judgment of how awful Losman really is.

SABURZFAN
09-27-2007, 05:11 PM
To the lickers it's a big deal.

of course it is.it gives them a reason to go and whine to the Mods.