PDA

View Full Version : Forget the bills for a second

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 12:19 PM
What happened to the fins' D? They are giving up 28 pts. a game ?
Did age catch up to them?
:idunno:

mchurchfie
09-27-2007, 12:36 PM
Thay definitely hit the wall.:snicker:

LtFinFan66
09-27-2007, 12:39 PM
Valid Question. If our O scores 28 points, we should be winning. Zach didn't play against the Jets which didn't help but they are getting no push and are getting little pressure on the QB. Let me stand back there all day and I will hit an open receiver.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 12:41 PM
Valid Question. If our O scores 28 points, we should be winning. Zach didn't play against the Jets which didn't help but they are getting no push and are getting little pressure on the QB. Let me stand back there all day and I will hit an open receiver.
I heard that JT isn't doing so well either.

LtFinFan66
09-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Hopefully he is just getting out of the blocks slow. He has 1 sack or maybe 1.5

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 12:44 PM
How's Cam's O? Obviously better than ours but is it any better than Mularkeys?

LtFinFan66
09-27-2007, 12:46 PM
It finally showed promise this past week when he realized that Ronnie Brown can be a weapon if given the ball alot. Definitely not the MM run, run, incomplete pass, punt offense

OpIv37
09-27-2007, 12:47 PM
It finally showed promise this past week when he realized that Ronnie Brown can be a weapon if given the ball alot. Definitely not the MM run, run, incomplete pass, punt offense

apparently the Bills are cheaters too- Fairchild stole Mularkey's game plan.

LtFinFan66
09-27-2007, 12:48 PM
:rofl:

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 12:49 PM

Please don't turn this into another Bills ***** thread. Read the title.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 12:50 PM
I always thought Brown would be a stud RB. Miss Welker much?

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Their problems are up front. Other than Vonnie Holiday, they aren't very stout up front and are getting pushed around. Taylor hasn't been his usual dominant self, but I think a big part of that is the guys around him. Their front 7 has always been a great strength, but now they aren't as stout and can't generate a consistent pass rush. Joey Porter has been a disappointment.

Getting rid of Kevin Carter was foolish. Carter is a versatile guy who knows how to play DL. It is no surprise Tampa Bay is playing better on defense with him up front.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 12:55 PM
Their problems are up front. Other than Vonnie Holiday, they aren't very stout up front and are getting pushed around. Taylor hasn't been his usual dominant self, but I think a big part of that is the guys around him. Their front 7 has always been a great strength, but now they aren't as stout and can't generate a consistent pass rush. Joey Porter has been a disappointment.

Getting rid of Kevin Carter was foolish. Carter is a versatile guy who knows how to play DL. It is no surprise Tampa Bay is playing better on defense with him up front.
I'm surprised their D isn't coming out blazing early in the season which they usually have for as long as I can remember. They usually fizzle out towards the end of the season.

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 12:56 PM
I feel bad for Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. They are both great players and the prime of their careers have been wasted. Now they are stuck in yet another rebuilding plan.

LtFinFan66
09-27-2007, 12:59 PM
I always thought Brown would be a stud RB. Miss Welker much?Don't miss him so much. I do HATE seeing him doing so well for the hated Pats. (sorry NE39)

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 01:00 PM
I feel bad for Jason Taylor and Zach Thomas. They are both great players and the prime of their careers have been wasted. Now they are stuck in yet another rebuilding plan.
I've had nothing but respect for Zach since day 1. JT was aight . I can see them in a redskins uniform next year.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 01:03 PM
Don't miss him so much. I do HATE seeing him doing so well for the hated Pats. (sorry NE39)
even with the fins I was worried about that little *****. He's as fast as Parrish but thicker.

Static
I've had nothing but respect for Zach since day 1. JT was aight . I can see them in a redskins uniform next year.\

If Zach takes another head shot he may be watching Jason in the Redskin uniform

Mahdi
I've had nothing but respect for Zach since day 1. JT was aight . I can see them in a redskins uniform next year.
Jason Taylor I can definitely see playing for the skins at some point. They have no DEs and they love vets. I dont see Zach going there with Fletcher being there already.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 01:07 PM
Jason Taylor I can definitely see playing for the skins at some point. They have no DEs and they love vets. I dont see Zach going there with Fletcher being there already.
I actually preffered Zach over Fletcher when we brought Fletch in.

BB will probably take ZAch.

Static
09-27-2007, 01:10 PM
even with the fins I was worried about that little *****. He's as fast as Parrish but thicker.

I knew the pats would be able to use him better...they just have to many weapons

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 01:11 PM
I knew the pats would be able to use him better...they just have to many weapons
They use a lot of screen passes. Welker/ Parrish would be perfect in that setting.

Static
09-27-2007, 01:17 PM
The thing about the offense is i am not sure if they got it or it was just the fact that we played the jets.

Mahdi
09-27-2007, 01:18 PM
I actually preffered Zach over Fletcher when we brought Fletch in.

BB will probably take ZAch.
Probably to replace Seau.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 01:19 PM
The thing about the offense is i am not sure if they got it or it was just the fact that we played the jets.
wait til' we play them this sunday. That should answer a lot of your questions.

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 01:20 PM
I don't think Welker is like Parrish, other than them both being short. He is more like Wayne Chrebet.

Parrish has more speed than Welker. Welker isn't really that fast, but he has great short-area quickness and a very high football IQ. Welker does a great job in the middle of the field and getting open in the short zones, because he does a great job reading coverages and adjusting. I don't think that is a strength of Parrish.

He is a perfect compliment to Randy Moss.

Mahdi
Everybody gets it against the Jets. Bills too unfortunately.

justasportsfan
Probably to replace Seau.
Seau is still very serviceable. Maybe Zach will retire a fin and then sign with the Pats like Seau.

Static
09-27-2007, 01:22 PM
Seau is still very serviceable. Maybe Zach will retire a fin and then sign with the Pats like Seau.

They have picked up quite a few former dolphins :lol:

Ickybaluky
09-27-2007, 01:23 PM
They have picked up quite a few former dolphins :lol:

This is true. Sammy Morris has played better than hoped, in all phases of the game. Larry Izzo still captains their ST.

Static
09-27-2007, 01:26 PM
This is true. Sammy Morris has played better than hoped, in all phases of the game. Larry Izzo still captains their ST.

I'm sure you remember the story of when Huard, Izzo, i think terrell buckly and one other got there picture taken with there super bowl ring on there middle finger, and they sent it to Zach thomas after NE first super bowl.

shelby
09-27-2007, 02:03 PM
Joey Porter is guaranteeing a victory on Sunday:

The Dolphins are 0-3 and in desperate need of a victory, so he {Porter} guaranteed one will come this weekend when Miami hosts the Oakland Raiders (http://www.nfl.com/teams/oaklandraiders/profile?team=OAK).
"Write it how you want to write it," Porter said. "We will win on Sunday."
The "we will win" promise is a tactic the often-outspoken Porter used at times during his eight seasons as a lightning rod in Pittsburgh. For whatever reason, the Steelers usually responded.
Miami can only hope it works again, or the Dolphins will be 0-4 for the second time in four seasons.
"We don't feel like we're an 0-3 team," Porter said. "We've played better. We haven't played to where we need to be but we know what we have on this team. We lost some games where things just fell apart and on defense we're doing things different from what we planned on doing. We've kind of adapted to them instead of letting them adapt to us."
full story (http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d802b96bf&template=without-video&confirm=true)

Mad Bomber
09-27-2007, 02:39 PM
:roflmao:

It sure seems that way.

dplus47
09-27-2007, 03:36 PM
porter's ineffectiveness seems to me to be coming from the way they're using him: he has been taking a lot of snaps at LDE, and he's getting swallowed up by the blocking from that position.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 03:37 PM
porter's ineffectiveness seems to me to be coming from the way they're using him: he has been taking a lot of snaps at LDE, and he's getting swallowed up by the blocking from that position.

and here I am thinking it's because his 6 buddies aren't with him on the field :D

:calm:

dplus47
09-27-2007, 03:41 PM
and here I am thinking it's because his 6 buddies aren't with him on the field :D

:calm:

that was kinda funny. i ain't mad.

bflojohn
09-27-2007, 05:18 PM
Sorry, couldn't do it! Not even for a second.... what was the point again?

churchinski
09-27-2007, 05:24 PM
:idunno:I'm going to forget the Bills for a lot more than a second as soon as the hockey season starts

SABURZFAN
09-27-2007, 05:33 PM
:idunno:

it's not like they weren't told.i hope the suicide rate is climbing over in Finheaven.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 05:36 PM
it's not like they weren't told.i hope the suicide rate is climbing over in Finheaven.
it's probably slightly higher than BZ.

!Papacrunk!
09-27-2007, 06:20 PM
wrong forum, correct :)