PDA

View Full Version : Ashton Youboty is the best corner on this team

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-27-2007, 03:30 PM
I like what ive seen from him so far, he seems to be the only cornerback that has really kept their part of the field in check. As a matter of fact him, McCargo, Whitner and Poz (who is now on IR) have really been the only bright spots of the defense.

I've never been impressed with McGee as a corner, i see him as a career #2 corner. However he is a great returner.

Youboty's ceiling is much higher, if he can continue to mature down the road we can add another corner, move McGee to the nickel position and let him function more as a return man.

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 03:36 PM
Personally, I've liked Jabari Greer so far this year as our best corner. He's actually been in position on every play and almost had a 100 yard INT return a TD against Pittsburgh. Split second faster and he woulda had the ball and woulda been gone.

I'd like to see Jabari as the 1, Youboty as the 2 and McGee back to the Nickle corner.

Bruce is Loose
09-27-2007, 03:46 PM
Personally, I've liked Jabari Greer so far this year as our best corner. He's actually been in position on every play and almost had a 100 yard INT return a TD against Pittsburgh. Split second faster and he woulda had the ball and woulda been gone.

I'd like to see Jabari as the 1, Youboty as the 2 and McGee back to the Nickle corner.
Agreed...I have really liked Greer as the best so far - the plays he got burned by Moss were really not his fault - I just wish he had two more inches to him.
Yobouty hasnt stood out to me, but thats a good thing (Webster DID stand out for instance)...

Looking to the future, we have quite a few young players on D that look to really step up.

We could still use another CB since the likelyhood of both of these guys turning into quality starters next year is still hazy...
I like what we have at S (Ko has always scared me, but he was a rookie, so hell get better).
DLine is one DT away from being respectable once Denny and Hargrove return to the rotation.
Clearly we will need another LB to start, so our current starters can provide some (quality?) depth...

maybe all is not hopeless??

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 03:55 PM
Yobouty hasnt stood out to me, but thats a good thing (Webster DID stand out for instance)...

Looking to the future, we have quite a few young players on D that look to really step up.

We could still use another CB since the likelyhood of both of these guys turning into quality starters next year is still hazy...
I like what we have at S (Ko has always scared me, but he was a rookie, so hell get better).
DLine is one DT away from being respectable once Denny and Hargrove return to the rotation.
Clearly we will need another LB to start, so our current starters can provide some (quality?) depth...

maybe all is not hopeless??

I mostly agree with all these sentiments actually, good post. Just to touch on them a little.

Youboty not standing out isn't necessarily a bad thing, while he hasn't made any standout plays I haven't seen him burned either. His play is actually a lot better than I expected from my watching his days at The Ohio State University, I honestly did not like him as a player then.

We could use an established corner though to push the youngsters and give them some leadership. It blows my mind that Dexter McCleon is still available in FA. He shouldn't want too much, and given our depth at corner or lack there of, I'd be all for bringing McCleon in. Where that leaves us in CB positioning I'm not sure. I'd assume the Bills would put McGee one and McCleon 2. And yes, I realize the likelihood of us picking up Dexter is slim to none.

About the DLine, you're a little more optimistic than I am. I think we have two overrated one dimensional ends. I do agree we need a bigger body in the middle as a run stuffer, but I really think we need an End who is more well rounded. Even if we get a DT who stuffs the run, all teams will have to do is run offtackles to offset that. Neither Aaron nor Kelsay are any good vs the run, and nothing will change that, given their history.

xXSpIkes5IXx
09-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Greer had 2 nice plays against Pittsburgh.

But Randy Moss absouletely made him his *****, especially in the 2nd half. I like Jabari, but i think Youboty has a much higher ceiling, and the potential to be a legitamate #1 cornerback in thsi league.

TigerJ
09-27-2007, 08:09 PM
I thought Moss made his plays inspite of the fact that Greer had pretty good position. If you're 6'4" and a great athlete, there's a limit to what a CB can do even if he plays you as well as you can be played. The onus was on Buffalo's line to get more pressure on Brady, and it failed miserably. That's why Moss had a great game.

Confused
09-27-2007, 08:15 PM
Tryin to get to you and that booty, tryin to get to you and that booty. Funny friggin commercial.

patmoran2006
09-27-2007, 08:20 PM
I do see some ability in Youboty. TO say he's the best corner is like saying Robert Royal is our best TE. in other words, that aint saying much.

but I think you're pretty spot on in that the kid is showing some potential.

Oaf
09-28-2007, 12:54 AM

Agreed %100. Greer on the outside against Coles, Youboty on Cotchery, and McGee back in the slot.

Greer's got the speed to match.
Youboty's got the size to match.
McGee's got the physicality to match.

That would be solid.

ArcticWildMan
09-28-2007, 01:25 AM
About the DLine, you're a little more optimistic than I am. I think we have two overrated one dimensional ends. I do agree we need a bigger body in the middle as a run stuffer, but I really think we need an End who is more well rounded. Even if we get a DT who stuffs the run, all teams will have to do is run offtackles to offset that. Neither Aaron nor Kelsay are any good vs the run, and nothing will change that, given their history.

Bingo!

shelby
09-28-2007, 04:03 AM
Whoa! AWM sighting!:shocked:

Jan Reimers
09-28-2007, 07:05 AM
Youboty has more upside than any of our corners. All he lacks is game experience.

mybills
09-28-2007, 07:44 AM
The jury is still out on Youboty. He hasn't impressed me yet.

mchurchfie
09-28-2007, 08:16 AM
I like Youbooty and Grier, they both have alot of potential.