PDA

View Full Version : Winter Classic expected to boost WNY economy

G. Host
09-27-2007, 04:35 PM
The New Year's Day game between the Buffalo Sabres and Pittsburgh Penguins is expected to boost the local hospitality industry at a time when hotel rooms typically sit empty.

"We're hoping people come in during the weekend and stay through the game," said Richard Geiger, Buffalo Niagara Convention & Visitors Bureau president and chief executive officer.
http://buffalo.bizjournals.com/buffalo/stories/2007/09/24/story3.html?jst=s_cn_hl

Did not know if this belong in Sabres or Buffalo forum.

JD
09-27-2007, 06:34 PM
Yeah.. people are going to come to BUFFALO, 4 days before the Ice Bowl....for some reason I doubt that. Don't get me wrong, I love this place.

gr8slayer
09-27-2007, 07:37 PM
That's kind of stating the obvious "expected to boost WNY economy." Sadly, it won't have any lasting effect

RockStar36
09-27-2007, 08:23 PM
It's better than nothing. And people might come in a few days before or stay a few days after seeing that the game is on a holiday and a lot of people have off around that time.

THATHURMANATOR
09-28-2007, 12:38 AM
But I was told on this very message board that the NHL is out to screw Buffalo by giving us this game and boost to our economy.....

BlackMetalNinja
09-28-2007, 06:05 AM
But I was told on this very message board that the NHL is out to screw Buffalo by giving us this game and boost to our economy.....

They aren't screwing Buffalo... they're screwing Buffalo fans... get it right Thurm! :up:

Michael82
09-28-2007, 09:43 AM
They aren't screwing Buffalo... they're screwing Buffalo fans... get it right Thurm! :up:
EXACTLY!

RockStar36
09-28-2007, 09:51 AM
Is it just me or is Buffalo always getting screwed in some way?

And I'm not saying they are getting screwed this time. What I'm saying is that it seems like no matter what someone has to complain about getting screwed. I'm trying to figure out if every other fan base is the same way.

JD
09-28-2007, 10:29 AM

And I'm not saying they are getting screwed this time. What I'm saying is that it seems like no matter what someone has to complain about getting screwed. I'm trying to figure out if every other fan base is the same way.

Theres a group on facebook called "Forget sex, if you're a Buffalo fan you're already getting ****ed!"

ahahaha!

THATHURMANATOR
09-28-2007, 11:35 AM
I still don't get how the fans are getting screwed but whatever.

THATHURMANATOR
09-28-2007, 11:45 AM

It has more to do with the loser attitude this city has. Instead of making things happen people just sit around complaining about how they were screwed over. I am working to change this attitude but I am only 1 man Dev. I NEED HELP!

RockStar36
09-28-2007, 12:31 PM
It has more to do with the loser attitude this city has. Instead of making things happen people just sit around complaining about how they were screwed over. I am working to change this attitude but I am only 1 man Dev. I NEED HELP!

Seriously man.

It seems like nobody is every happy. It's crazy!!

SabreEleven
09-28-2007, 03:15 PM
It can't make the economy any worse.

JD
09-28-2007, 05:30 PM
Were the city of good neighbors, were so pissed off with life that we just give away our money to help others lol.

How can we not have a losers mentality? Our sports teams have been nothing but a bunch of losers, and thats pretty much all we have going for the city at the moment. The cold doesnt make anyone smile. Everyone is happy in the summer, though.

Typ0
09-28-2007, 08:34 PM
I still don't get how the fans are getting screwed but whatever.

the fans are getting screwed because the macy's ticket processors were down intermittently in rochester...and many of the fans tried online when tickets went onsale and didn't get any because they were too stupid to try again.

Typ0
09-28-2007, 08:37 PM
Were the city of good neighbors, were so pissed off with life that we just give away our money to help others lol.

How can we not have a losers mentality? Our sports teams have been nothing but a bunch of losers, and thats pretty much all we have going for the city at the moment. The cold doesnt make anyone smile. Everyone is happy in the summer, though.

that's kinda true. maybe we should all move south or west so the government comes in and rebuilds our land every few years due to natural disaster. It's high time they spread that $$$ around. Everytime some joker gets his trailer rebuilt in Florida due to a hurricane WNY should get an equal amount of money.

JD
09-28-2007, 09:53 PM
that's kinda true. maybe we should all move south or west so the government comes in and rebuilds our land every few years due to natural disaster. It's high time they spread that $$$ around. Everytime some joker gets his trailer rebuilt in Florida due to a hurricane WNY should get an equal amount of money.
Yeah I like that idea!

JD
09-28-2007, 10:08 PM
Theres a group on facebook called "Forget sex, if you're a Buffalo fan you're already getting ****ed!"

ahahaha!
Why was I negged for this? You people are ****ing ******ed:cgal: