PDA

View Full Version : Losman On Wilfork: He Got Off Easy

raphael120
09-27-2007, 04:46 PM
"Right now my mind is clouded with trying to get my knee better," he said. "My mind is not really thinking about the hit. I watched the tape once and it was enough for me. It was pretty nasty. It looked like he had an opportunity to pull up. He's trying to make a play for his team and its football, but I think he got off easy."

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5321

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 04:49 PM
Way too come off as a classy individual JP!

The hit Kimo Von Olhoeffen put on Carson Palmer was much worse and Palmer didn't sound like a jaded schoolgirl afterwords about it, even though it was in the playoffs and ruined the Bengals chances of winning.

In fact he said that Kimo was trying to make a play and he didn't even think it was dirty.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 04:50 PM
wow Dockery got fined $ 5000 for not strapping his helmet ? If that's so then he did get off easy.

what I think should happen is that the punishment increases depending on whether there was injury.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 04:52 PM

The hit Kimo Von Olhoeffen put on Carson Palmer was much worse and Palmer didn't sound like a jaded schoolgirl afterwords about it, even though it was in the playoffs and ruined the Bengals chances of winning.

In fact he said that Kimo was trying to make a play and he didn't even think it was dirty.

Someones gotta say something and stop all these foolishness that the tends to swing the Pats way. This is the one time I agree with Lossmans yap. If it happened to Trent Green I'd still call foul because of all the crap the Pats get away with.

raphael120
09-27-2007, 04:53 PM

Kimo obviously didn't mean to do it, if you saw the replay of it there was no way that he could have stopped himself, he's a big dude, he didnt REACH OUT like Wilfork did. And Olhoeffen doesn't have a shady past incident like Wilfork has. Olhoeffen even looked really mad at himself when he saw what happened to Palmer, he was really down on himself. Wilfork just comes off like some ***** like "Well I didnt do it, and I know me, and dont accuse me, *****."

If I was JP i wouldve said the same damn thing, **** Wilfork. When you come from a coaching staff and a front office that allows and preaches the kinda **** that you see with the video taping and everything else, does it really suprise you? I bet that it's encouraged to take cheap shots at QBs like that in NE.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Kimo obviously didn't mean to do it, if you saw the replay of it there was no way that he could have stopped himself, he's a big dude, he didnt REACH OUT like Wilfork did. And Olhoeffen doesn't have a shady past incident like Wilfork has. Olhoeffen even looked really mad at himself when he saw what happened to Palmer, he was really down on himself. Wilfork just comes off like some ***** like "Well I didnt do it, and I know me, and dont accuse me, *****."

If I was JP i wouldve said the same damn thing, **** Wilfork. When you come from a coaching staff and a front office that allows and preaches the kinda **** that you see with the video taping and everything else, does it really suprise you? I bet that it's encouraged to take cheap shots at QBs like that in NE.
:posrep:

We don't need other bills fans trying to give the PAts a PAt on the back. The NFL does a great job at it.

TacklingDummy
09-27-2007, 04:55 PM

Mewelde Moore was right. JP is a dick.

"I don't like the way he played ball the last two years at Tulane. You are what you are. He's a great player and he'll be a great player once he plays total team ball and sells out for the team and not himself. We could have been a great team our senior year and reaped the benefits.

"But he kind of took a big turn ... and he just kind of tanked. I didn't like that. I wish the best to him. I just don't have any interest in playing with him."

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
When has Wilfork had a shady past or run ins in the NFL? I haven't heard of any.

In fact, right before the game people on this board were all enamored about Wilfork and how he wanted to come here and liked Buffalo prior to our drafting of Lee Evans. People even speculated how we'd do with Wilfork on our team instead.

One unfortunate play turns the guy from someone most people on the board were happy with and enamored with to most hated player for the week.

Mahdi
09-27-2007, 04:57 PM

Thats because Kimo's wasnt dirty. Losman is stating the facts, the same facts that we recognize. It was dirty. If Peyton or Favre said the same thing no one would call it classless.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
Mewelde Moore was right. JP is a dick.

"I don't like the way he played ball the last two years at Tulane. You are what you are. He's a great player and he'll be a great player once he plays total team ball and sells out for the team and not himself. We could have been a great team our senior year and reaped the benefits.

"But he kind of took a big turn ... and he just kind of tanked. I didn't like that. I wish the best to him. I just don't have any interest in playing with him."
that has nothing to do with what JP said. If it's wrong to speak your mind then everyone should shut the hell up. JP is out because of that hit. I don't care about what Palmer said. I'd like to see what Palmer will say if Wilfork threw that elbow on him.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 04:59 PM
When has Wilfork had a shady past or run ins in the NFL? I haven't heard of any.

In fact, right before the game people on this board were all enamored about Wilfork and how he wanted to come here and liked Buffalo prior to our drafting of Lee Evans. People even speculated how we'd do with Wilfork on our team instead.

One unfortunate play turns the guy from someone most people on the board were happy with and enamored with to most hated player for the week.

It doesn't matter. He got off easy. Have Dockery and Kelsay had a shady past enough to garner $5000 fine for not injuring anyone and NO penalties?

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
Thats because Kimo's wasnt dirty. Losman is stating the facts, the same facts that we recognize. It was dirty. If Peyton or Favre said the same thing no one would call it classless.

That's because Peyton or Favre wouldn't say it...they might be thinking it and so might have Carson, but they have brains enough to hold their tongue in some instances.

The NFL is basically a big brotherhood, you try not to throw other players under the bus for things that happen on the field. Especially when not many players in this league have firm footing on where they play.

Who knows, someday JP might have to play on the same team as Wilfork.

Privately if he wants to say that, fine. But publicly you need to rise above coming across in that manner.

Wally The Barber
09-27-2007, 05:00 PM
There is only one way to settle this....
J.P. gets one swing at Wilforks knee with a 20lb sledgehammer
before the next Patriots game at the Ralph.

"Good, now we're even!"

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 05:04 PM
Fine, you don't like my example of a profile player in this league who didn't whine about a hit....

Brad Keisel hit Jason Campbell low this preseason, everyone thought the hit was dirty but Campbell even came out and said he didn't think it was a dirty play and that Keisel didn't intent on injuring him.

BTW Keisel was also flagged on the play and fined the same amount as Wilfork.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 05:08 PM
Fine, you don't like my example of a profile player in this league who didn't whine about a hit....

Brad Keisel hit Jason Campbell low this preseason, everyone thought the hit was dirty but Campbell even came out and said he didn't think it was a dirty play and that Keisel didn't intent on injuring him.

BTW Keisel was also flagged on the play and fined the same amount as Wilfork.

I don't care about who says what. It isn't classless to voice you opinion especially when you're the victim.

DynaPaul
09-27-2007, 05:14 PM
Tonya Harding should get that fat bodyguard back to go take a whack at Wilfork's knee during practice. All jokes aside though, I give JP props for speaking his mind about the hit. Yeah, he coulda been like Palmer and acted like it was an accident but why bother?

Oh yeah, and one other thing:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/WilforkNose.jpg

Pick me a winner Wilfork!

PECKERWOOD
09-27-2007, 05:18 PM

We don't need other bills fans trying to give the PAts a PAt on the back. The NFL does a great job at it.

SABURZFAN
09-27-2007, 05:25 PM

"Good, now we're even!"

all Wilfork would have to do is put the number on his jersey in front of his knees and it's a guarantee that Lossman will not hit the numbers.he can't do it with a football so what would make me think he could do it with a sledgehammer? :idunno:

raphael120
09-27-2007, 05:35 PM

You asked for it:

But this is not the first time Wilfork has been accused of playing dirty against the Bills. In a Bills-Patriots game in Buffalo on Oct. 3, 2004, Wilfork was accused by former Bills offensive linemen Jonas Jennings and Chris Villarrial of taking cheap shots at them during the game.
The incident happened behind the play. Following a six-yard completion from Drew Bledsoe to Eric Moulds, Jennings who was blocking Richard Seymour on the play was blindsided by Wilfork who initiated a helmet-to-helmet hit on the Buffalo tackle.
The hit cracked Jennings helmet near his jaw and Jennings was knocked out cold sustaining a concussion.
"It was almost like it was premeditated, like they set me up," Jennings told the Associated Press at the time.
Jennings had exchanged words with Wilfork earlier in that game when he saw the defensive tackle kick Villarrial in the ribs when he was on the ground following a first quarter field goal by Rian Lindell.
"It was a dirty thing to do," Villarrial told the AP a few days after the game. "Let's be obvious, anybody that's down on the ground, you don't kick them."
Losman, who was a rookie with the Bills that season, said he remembered the incident.

justasportsfan
09-27-2007, 05:39 PM
You asked for it:
I owe you a :posrep:

raphael120
09-27-2007, 05:43 PM
Bellichick is a ****ing ***** and so are most of the players who play for him.

Yasgur's Farm
09-27-2007, 06:21 PM
For anyone calling out JP for what he said concerning the Wilfork incident... Your views are tainted by your hatred.

YardRat
09-27-2007, 06:37 PM
Call a spade a spade and let the chips fall where they may.

Has anybody heard any mention of Wilfork talking to JP after the incident, calling him to see how the knee is or apologize?

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 06:56 PM
Call a spade a spade and let the chips fall where they may.

Has anybody heard any mention of Wilfork talking to JP after the incident, calling him to see how the knee is or apologize?

"I've got one guy tripping me up and I've got one guy hitting my left leg," Wilfork said. "Of course, that's the only reason I was falling. I'm mad because he's hurt. That's what I regret — him being a quarterback and getting hurt. It wasn't intentional."
Wilfork said he has tried to reach out to Losman to apologize.
"I've got some friends on that team," Wilfork said. "I'll try to talk to him as a person and let him know how I feel about the whole situation."

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/patriots/2007-09-27-wilfork-fine_N.htm

Mr. Pink
09-27-2007, 06:59 PM
For anyone calling out JP for what he said concerning the Wilfork incident... Your views are tainted by your hatred.

WRONG!

My views on this are because similiar things have happened in the past and the players never come out and whine about it. Most classy players come out and say the right things, this is just more evidence of JP saying the wrong things.

If he wants to feel jaded about the whole thing, fine, but don't come out publicly and say it. Especially when you're viewed as a joke around the league, it just makes you look even worse.

You know that saying Manny just being Manny? This is just another JP just being JP.

TigerJ
09-27-2007, 07:02 PM
So Dick Jauron is supposed to condemn Wilfork for a dirty hit, and we can all do it, but Losman, the target is supposed to tell the world he thought it was clean? I'm not sure what Losman's salary is, but he's missing approximately an eighth of the season between last week and this coming Sunday, even if Losman comes back and plays the Dallas game. I would guess if we multiply the amount of Wilfork's fine ($12,000) by eight, the result ($96,000) is far less than one eighth of either Losman's salary or Wilfork's. So just doing the math, if you can take out your opponent's key players for a relatively nominal amount like that, I'd say it's a bargain.

jmb1099
09-27-2007, 07:09 PM
So Losman shouldn't have said anything? This board is hitting a new low.

raphael120
09-27-2007, 08:50 PM
So Losman shouldn't have said anything? This board is hitting a new low.

Coy Wire was even quoted as sayin it was dirty too. How would you like it if someone was pullin cheap crap on one of your buddies, you're just going to sit there and take it like a *****? Hell no, I'd call the dude out just like anyone else would. I mean, especially in JPs situation, for all we know, this injury could mean the end of JPs career in Buffalo if Edwards lights it up...and Im sure JP is party thinking that, he is missing good playing time to make up for the first 2 games, now he just has to sit by

kinigirly
09-27-2007, 09:10 PM
well the 11/18 game should be fun now

TigerJ
09-27-2007, 09:10 PM

If you read carefully the who article at www.buffalobills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com), Losman makes it clear he's not accusing Wilfork of deliberately hitting him in the knee. "I know there are some people that are saying that he deliberately did this and if that's the case then I don't think it's enough." Later in the article he states, "It looked like he and an opportunity to pull up," but that still stops short of an accusation. All we really have is our perceptions.

You state Wilfork has no history of a shady past, but again, if you read the Chris Brown article he relates an incident in a 2004 game with the Patriots. Jonas Jennings had words with Wilfork "when he saw the defensive tackle kick Villarrial in the ribs when he was on the ground following a first quarter field goal by Rian Lindell." Then a little later in the game, "Following a six-yard completion from Drew Bledsoe to Eric Moulds, Jennings who was blocking Richard Seymour on the play was blindsided by Wilfork who initiated a helmet-to-helmet hit on the Buffalo tackle." The hit cracked Jennings' helmet and knocked him cold. But no, Wilfork has no hint of a shady past.

RockStar36
09-28-2007, 07:30 AM

Two different situations Kimo wasn't on purpose, Wilfork was.

It's a shame the NFL isn't like the NHL and just let the Bills handle it on the field.

TacklingDummy
09-28-2007, 07:39 AM
It's a shame the NFL isn't like the NHL and just let the Bills handle it on the field.

You don't think if that was Peyton Manning that one of Peyton's O-linemen would have went after Wilfork?

mybills
09-28-2007, 07:39 AM

"Good, now we're even!"
I'll take it! :up:

mybills
09-28-2007, 07:41 AM
If you read carefully the who article at www.buffalobills.com (http://www.buffalobills.com), Losman makes it clear he's not accusing Wilfork of deliberately hitting him in the knee. "I know there are some people that are saying that he deliberately did this and if that's the case then I don't think it's enough." Later in the article he states, "It looked like he and an opportunity to pull up," but that still stops short of an accusation. All we really have is our perceptions.

You state Wilfork has no history of a shady past, but again, if you read the Chris Brown article he relates an incident in a 2004 game with the Patriots. Jonas Jennings had words with Wilfork "when he saw the defensive tackle kick Villarrial in the ribs when he was on the ground following a first quarter field goal by Rian Lindell." Then a little later in the game, "Following a six-yard completion from Drew Bledsoe to Eric Moulds, Jennings who was blocking Richard Seymour on the play was blindsided by Wilfork who initiated a helmet-to-helmet hit on the Buffalo tackle." The hit cracked Jennings' helmet and knocked him cold. But no, Wilfork has no hint of a shady past.
Like I said, he was protesting way too much to be innocent.

raphael120
09-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Like I said, he was protesting way too much to be innocent.

Wilfork was very defensive about the whole thing, and if you have something to hide, then your mouth is going to keep flappin. Just like Wilforks.

DraftBoy
09-28-2007, 10:42 AM
Losman can whine about it being fair or not all he wants, personally I dont think its fair that every sunday when I sit and watch the game I have to see him play like ****, but I dont get to fine him for that do I?

justasportsfan
09-28-2007, 10:46 AM
Losman can whine about it being fair or not all he wants, personally I dont think its fair that every sunday when I sit and watch the game I have to see him play like ****, but I dont get to fine him for that do I?

His performance has nothing to do with the hit. Bashing the qb has nothiing to do with the topic.

raphael120
09-28-2007, 10:57 AM

LOL

Sometimes it does make me feel physically sick to see him play...

Wraith
09-28-2007, 10:59 AM

Yet you do get to whine about it, frequently. Trying to deny Losman that same right?

raphael120
09-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I'm sorry, but that ****ing guy BLATENTLY tried to hit JP in the knee, and for all intensive purposes, COULD HAVE ENDED JP'S FOOTBALL CAREER if the hit was hard enough, JP is lucky that it's not as serious as Palmers was!

If someone is trying to **** up my entire career and being a dick and pulling crap like that, I would be STEAMIN' mad! I keep watching the hit over and over and the NFL is a ****ing joke when it comes to this crap. $12,500? You kidding me? I think Wilfork laughs at that crap, it means nothing to him!

TO got fined $7,000 FOR A TOUCHDOWN DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU KIDDIN ME!?!?