PDA

View Full Version : Your keys to victory Sunday to Victory over the Jests.

Bufftp
09-28-2007, 09:17 AM
What are your keys to Victory?

1) The running game. Marshawn needs at lest a 125 yard game and 25 carrries. This will eat clock time and hopefully open some of the passing game.

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 09:22 AM
Edwards is going to throw a lot of accurate short passes like Pennington does when he's on. I expect Reed and Parrish to have good games.

I expect Lynch to FINALLY get involved more in the passing game as well.

The defense is obviously going to suck and give up a ton of yards. The key to winning I think is being able to somehow garnish 2 turnovers at some point.

gr8slayer
09-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Marshawn Jones-Drew Faulk

unpaid_bills
09-28-2007, 09:30 AM
New attitude, new plays + new coaches not asking that much

Mahdi
09-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Keys to Victory:

Defense: We all know that the Bills will allow 2 things, yards on the ground and short passes so I wont even mention stopping those things as keys to winning. In light of that;

1) Limit the run-after-catch for Coles and Cotchery, both are dangerous YAC guys.

2) Dont allow the long 15-20 yard runs Jones is good at.

3) Hit Pennington, once he's hit a couple times he loses his rythem and confidence. Schobel will have to have a game like he did last time agains the Jets.

4) We need turnovers. This defense depends on bending and getting TOs.

Offense:

1) Get Edwards into a flow early, passes to Lynch and underneath.

2) Lynch must touch the ball 30 times at least between running and receiving.

3) Evans has to show up.

I really think Edwards is going to have a great game. Im thinking 250 yards and 1TD. Not because he is better than JP or anything but because our OL will give him all day to throw and they are weak in the secondary in their 1 and 2 spots let alone their 3rd CB who will be matched up on Parrish or Reed.

The bills will win 24-17.

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 09:38 AM
Keys to Victory:

Defense: We all know that the Bills will allow 2 things, yards on the ground and short passes so I wont even mention stopping those things as keys to winning. In light of that;

1) Limit the run-after-catch for Coles and Cotchery, both are dangerous YAC guys.

2) Dont allow the long 15-20 yard runs Jones is good at.

3) Hit Pennington, once he's hit a couple times he loses his rythem and confidence. Schobel will have to have a game like he did last time agains the Jets.

4) We need turnovers. This defense depends on bending and getting TOs.

Offense:

1) Get Edwards into a flow early, passes to Lynch and underneath.

2) Lynch must touch the ball 30 times at least between running and receiving.

3) Evans has to show up.

I really think Edwards is going to have a great game. Im thinking 250 yards and 1TD. Not because he is better than JP or anything but because our OL will give him all day to throw and they are weak in the secondary in their 1 and 2 spots let alone their 3rd CB who will be matched up on Parrish or Reed.

The bills will win 24-17.
Nah, he is better than Losman. you'll see Sunday. He'll be precise, accurate and poised with his reads and he'll patiently take what the defense gives him. .Something Losman is pretty much incapable of doing.

THe Trent Edwards era is about to begin.. For the first time this season, Im excited to see a game.

gr8slayer
09-28-2007, 09:40 AM
Nah, he is better than Losman. you'll see Sunday. He'll be precise, accurate and poised with his reads and he'll patiently take what the defense gives him. .Something Losman is pretty much incapable of doing.

THe Trent Edwards era is about to begin.. For the first time this season, Im excited to see a game.
It won't last, it's Losman's job when he's healthy again.

RockStar36
09-28-2007, 09:41 AM
I hope I'm not getting my hopes up but I expect a big day from Marshawn. About 150+ all-purpose yards and at least 2 touchdowns.

RockStar36
09-28-2007, 09:42 AM

Of course he is. You're not basing it on anything except you don't like Losman. The backup quarterback is ALWAYS better than the starter.

gr8slayer
09-28-2007, 09:43 AM
Of course he is. You're not basing it on anything except you don't like Losman. The backup quarterback is ALWAYS better than the starter.
It's that way on every team. The back-up QB is always the most popular player on the team.

RockStar36
09-28-2007, 09:45 AM
It's that way on every team. The back-up QB is always the most popular player on the team.

Exactly.

The life of a back-up QB must be nice. Sweet paycheck. Don't take a beating. Most popular player on the team.

Ickybaluky
09-28-2007, 09:49 AM
What are your keys to Victory?

1) The running game. Marshawn needs at lest a 125 yard game and 25 carrries. This will eat clock time and hopefully open some of the passing game.

I can agree with this, especially early. The Jets front is undersized for a 3-4 team. Their DL only averages 282 pounds, and Vilma is an undersized LB in a 3-4. They can be pushed around, and Buffalo should have an advantage on that match-up with their OL averaging 330+ lbs. It is simple physics.

After that:

2) Edwards needs to recognize the blitz pre-snap and adjust accordingly.

The Jets don't have a good pass rush, so they have to blitz to bring pressure. They likely will be blitzing Edwards a lot, hoping to confuse him. Their 3-4 front allows them to disguise where the blitz is coming from, and Edwards will have to do a good job of recognizing what they are doing pre-snap, set his protection and get rid of the ball quickly. If the running game is going strong, then play-action should be effective and it will be easier on Edwards.

3) Create negative plays on defense.

The Jets offense is very efficient, they don't commit a lot of penalties or turn the ball over a lot. They mix in the run and Pennington is an accurate thrower who does a great job finding the open guy.

The flip side to that is they don't create a lot of big plays, so they have to string long drives together to create scoring opportunities. If the Bills can get some sacks and create long yardage situations, it will kill Jet drives. The Jets will probably run with some effectiveness, but they will have trouble if they have a lot of 2nd- and 3rd- and longs because of negative plays.

4) Don't give the Jets a short field.

Because the Jets have to string long drives together, you can't give them a short field. Field position is important, because they have to string a lot of plays together to go the length of the field (which is hard to do). Moorman is a weapon in that regard. Also, obviously, don't turn the ball over and give up the short field.

DraftBoy
09-28-2007, 09:52 AM
run and pray

justasportsfan
09-28-2007, 09:54 AM
MOran is fliplopping again.

carybillsfan
pray their team bus gets lost on the way to the stadium.

Bill Cody

Why? If Edwards plays very well, why would you sit him? Edwards is no lock to be good. But the Bills are the worst team in the NFL. What is the point of the remaining games is it isn't to find out what Edwards can offer? We know what JP can offer, mediocre at best performance and an attitude that says it's everyone else's fault. Enough.

Throne Logic
09-28-2007, 10:04 AM
Put a guy on our sideline with a camera . . . oh, wait . . . apparently that was already done. Sorry.

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Why? What has he done to EARN it, if Edwards plays well?

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 10:08 AM
If Jauron thinks he's unpopular right now; just wait til next Monday night vs Dallas if we beat NY Sunday and Edwards plays well and he starts Losman.

The first INCOMPLETION the guy throws the crowd is going to jump on him, IF Edwards brings it on Sunday

BleedinGreenNC
09-28-2007, 10:10 AM
pray their team bus gets lost on the way to the stadium.

Hey man, do you watch the games at the upperdeck?

gr8slayer
09-28-2007, 10:10 AM
If Jauron thinks he's unpopular right now; just wait til next Monday night vs Dallas if we beat NY Sunday and Edwards plays well and he starts Losman.

The first INCOMPLETION the guy throws the crowd is going to jump on him, IF Edwards brings it on Sunday
If he's worried about being popular he shouldn't be coaching in the first place.

G. Host
09-28-2007, 10:11 AM
Special special teams play. The special teams will make the difference in points and field position between winning and losing.

Jan Reimers
09-28-2007, 10:13 AM
My three keys to victory:

1.) Open up the offense.

2.) Open up the offense.

3.) Open up the offense.

RockStar36
09-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Now wait just a second.

When has Losman blamed his teammates. Out of all of his faults, him being a team player is the last thing you can peg on him.

And Pat, do you know the crowd will jump on him? Will you be at the game? Of course you won't.

gr8slayer
09-28-2007, 10:17 AM
Now wait just a second.

When has Losman blamed his teammates. Out of all of his faults, him being a team player is the last thing you can peg on him.

And Pat, do you know the crowd will jump on him? Will you be at the game? Of course you won't.
I will be!

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 10:21 AM
You Losman lickers make me laugh.

Stay off the Edwards bangwaggon when it gets going come Sunday..

RockStar36
09-28-2007, 10:22 AM
You Losman lickers make me laugh.

Stay off the Edwards bangwaggon when it gets going come Sunday..

WTF is a bangwaggon? Do you really like Edwards THAT MUCH?

:rofl:

I support anyone who is under center. If it means the Bills will win, then I hope Edwards lights the place up on Sunday.

That's what you don't seem to understand Captain Flip Flop.

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 10:27 AM
Flip-flop? I liked Edwards more before the season started.. And I hardly remember ever being a Losman guy; with the exception of supporting him when he was starting.

The bottom line is he sucks. You can blame everybody and everything in the world for him. AT the end of the day, he's a very unintelligent QB and unless he goes back to the old School Raiders and can throw the ball deep 10 times per game, he's all but useless.

emocomputerjock
09-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Run Lynch at them like we did Brown last week. Don't give up 30 points. Most importantly, don't give up! Jauron looks to be conceding the rest of the year, and to hell with that. The Jets are very beatable.

RockStar36
09-28-2007, 10:29 AM
Flip-flop? I liked Edwards more before the season started.. And I hardly remember ever being a Losman guy; with the exception of supporting him when he was starting.

The bottom line is he sucks. You can blame everybody and everything in the world for him. AT the end of the day, he's a very unintelligent QB and unless he goes back to the old School Raiders and can throw the ball deep 10 times per game, he's all but useless.

What has Edwards done to show you he is better? Besides being the back-up QB? He might be better but nobody knows that for sure. You act like you know everything. You don't. Nobody knows for sure if he'll be better.

gr8slayer
09-28-2007, 10:32 AM
What has Edwards done to show you he is better? Besides being the back-up QB? He might be better but nobody knows that for sure. You act like you know everything. You don't. Nobody knows for sure if he'll be better.
Ex-fraking-actly. Edwards has done nothing.

In the words of Bill Parcels: "Put away the anointing lotion"

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 10:55 AM
you're just NOT getting it.

It's not what Edwards HAS done.

It's what Losman HASN'T DONE!

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 11:00 AM
Ex-fraking-actly. Edwards has done nothing.

In the words of Bill Parcels: "Put away the anointing lotion"
I dont think many people on here, other than the "Answer" are annonting Edwards anything.

What it comes down to, is Losman hasn't progressed into a consistent, quality starting quarterback and I speak for myself, and probably 95% of the people when I say I have severe doubts that he will EVER WILL. We see former backups turned starters and even last year's rookies who look 10x more poised and accurate than him back there, with HALF the starts.

This team will start and end with its quarterback.. Losman isn't going to be that guy, and if you think for 2 seconds Levy didn't already know that when drafting Edwards on day one, you're nuts. Maybe Edwards will be no better; if so, then we need to look elsewhere. But either way, Losman is taking this team nowhere except for an early day one pick each season.

mybills
09-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Why? What has he done to EARN it, if Edwards plays well?
Are you for real? Edwards was handed the same playbook that they pawned off on JP, and he didn't do any better. IF is the key word here. IF Edwards does better, it would have to be due to changes made in coaching. JP & Edwards are about equal right now, and I expect it to stay that way, since Jauron already announced (see picture) that he'll be more conservative this week. :dizzy: Handing off the ball to Lynch is the plan, and even the worst QB in the league can do that.

Night Train
09-28-2007, 11:54 AM
Run & stop the run.

That has been the key to winning football since year 1

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 12:48 PM
Are you for real? Edwards was handed the same playbook that they pawned off on JP, and he didn't do any better. IF is the key word here. IF Edwards does better, it would have to be due to changes made in coaching. JP & Edwards are about equal right now, and I expect it to stay that way, since Jauron already announced (see picture) that he'll be more conservative this week. :dizzy: Handing off the ball to Lynch is the plan, and even the worst QB in the league can do that.

IF they are equal,then bye bye Losman.

Edwards is in the first year of a rookie contract.. Losman will cost $50 million to extend long-term.

mybills
09-28-2007, 12:53 PM
IF they are equal,then bye bye Losman.

MAN YOU ARE THICKHEADED! They are equal in performance because of the playbook. He won't ever look any better than Losman if they keep using it. Get it now? :dizzy:

Nevamind, go ahead and get your hopes up. :shakeno:

Mr. Pink
09-28-2007, 01:03 PM
MAN YOU ARE THICKHEADED! They are equal in performance because of the playbook. He won't ever look any better than Losman if they keep using it. Get it now? :dizzy:

Nevamind, go ahead and get your hopes up. :shakeno:

It's kinda sad in my opinion that a guy coming off having little to no snaps with the starting offense and spent less time gameplanning can go out and play exactly the same as the guy who is supposed to be starter.

That's why I'm looking forward to this week's game. To see what TE can do with a full week with the starters in practice.

If he looks better than JP, making reads, throwing to the open receiver, not panicking in the pocket...I don't see any reason for us to go back to JP.

casdhf
09-28-2007, 01:09 PM
I have high hopes for Edwards, but the way he just starred down his receiver against the Pats could lead to problems. I'm guessing that Trent ends up throwing 2 or 3 pics and the running game bails him out.

Bills 24 - Jets 21

Mr. Pink
09-28-2007, 01:13 PM
My game prediction....

Bills down 23-17 with a minute left, ball near their own 30...TE marches the team downfield using the no huddle offense, gets the team into the redzone with 15 seconds left. 1st down, incomplete pass on a fade route to Price. 9 seconds left, quick out to Reed 7 yard gain out of bounds. Last play TE sees an open Robert Royal in the endzone fires, off Royal's hands and intercepted by Jonathan Vilma.

Bills lose 23-17 but Trent looks impressive enough to start on MNF vs the Cowboys.

Lynch runs for 140 yards and score.
Edwards passes for 215, a TD and 2 INTs.

mybills
09-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I have high hopes for Edwards, but the way he just starred down his receiver against the Pats could lead to problems. I'm guessing that Trent ends up throwing 2 or 3 pics and the running game bails him out.

I agree on both. That's pretty much how I see it happening. Plus they basically said they're gonna run the hell out of Lynch & hold the reins on Edwards.

justasportsfan
09-28-2007, 01:49 PM
the jets are gonna have huge yardage again against our bend don't break D that will give the short yards(WCO) but not (supposedly) the big play. Question is, can our D stop the jets from getting to the endzone?

carybillsfan
09-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Hey man, do you watch the games at the upperdeck?

No most of the time I watch at home, while taking care of the little ones.

Dont drink the water
09-28-2007, 06:10 PM
What it comes down to, is Losman hasn't progressed into a consistent, quality starting quarterback and I speak for myself, and probably 95% of the people when I say I have severe doubts that he will EVER WILL. We see former backups turned starters and even last year's rookies who look 10x more poised and accurate than him back there, with HALF the starts.

Did you take a class in imaginary stats or does it just blow out your asss?

There is nothing that you have ever shown that you have the pulse of Buffalo fandom.

MTBillsFan
09-28-2007, 08:48 PM
run Marshawn run! 40-45 carries 40+ minutes in Ball Control...
ala the Giants in SB25 with Anderson?

Typ0
09-28-2007, 08:50 PM
Keys to victory:

two scores from special teams.
two scores from the defense.

LtBillsFan66
09-28-2007, 08:52 PM
Play 110%.
Take advantage of opportunities.
Convert on 3rd downs.
Establish the ground game.
Minimize costly mistakes.
Don't give up the big play.

Philagape
09-28-2007, 08:59 PM
All Lynch, all the time.

HHURRICANE
09-28-2007, 09:08 PM
You folks are going to find out how bad the Bills are this Sunday.

Without a gameplan that allows Edwards to open the field up so Marshawn can run expect yet another dismal performance by our offense.

The key is not having Fairchild call the plays.

Typ0
09-28-2007, 09:11 PM
we don't have the receivers to open up the field. We need a QB who can execute a plan to attack the short game in passing and attack the line with a good running game. Everyone wants to see low percentage passes by a team that lacks that kind of talent downfield. That will equal nothing but more time on the field for the defense.

Throne Logic
09-30-2007, 12:45 AM
This game will ultimately decide what our oline is made of. If we cannot run against the Jets, there is no hope left for 2007.

That said, if the coaches really hold back on the passing game, the Jets will just put 8 or 9 in the box. I don't care how bad you are in run D, with the Jet's full compliment of players focused on Lynch, he's not going anywhere.

It would be amusing to see both teams line up with all 22 players in the box on first down, like the super-protect used on the kneel-down .

Mitchy moo
09-30-2007, 12:52 AM
we run and score.

mybills
09-30-2007, 07:10 AM
we don't have the receivers to open up the field. We need a QB who can execute a plan to attack the short game in passing and attack the line with a good running game. Everyone wants to see low percentage passes by a team that lacks that kind of talent downfield. That will equal nothing but more time on the field for the defense.
Actually, we've got the same receivers as last year, and they did just fine back then against the Jets. They could do it again. The coaches are all about Lynch this year. But I expect them to loosen up on Edwards in this game, since they ran their test on him last week. Of course, it will depend on their version of the test results. :;

njsue
09-30-2007, 07:14 AM
The Jets are just not that impressive of a team.

Pennington is more banged up. Schobel should be licking his chops.

The Bills should win this one.

I see Mr. Lynch having a big game.

njsue
09-30-2007, 07:17 AM

Jauron has to realize that Vanilla won't win games.

djjimkelly
09-30-2007, 08:31 AM
only key to bills victory is some decent playing play calling and not bunching our sets up and announcing to the world we are running

Spiderweb
09-30-2007, 10:08 AM
[QUOTE=Bufftp]What are your keys to Victory?

The entire Coaching staff misses the bus and the players run the show.

njsue
09-30-2007, 10:35 AM
Time for the Tricky Bills!

YardRat
09-30-2007, 10:47 AM
Turnovers - the D has to create more than one, and the Trent-led offense needs to minimize them.

Third down - The D needs to stop the Jets O and get them off the field.

Offensive efficiency - Solid running attack w/Lynch, and adequate game from Trent, the receivers, and TE's. Multiple TD's would be nice.