What do star players from an AFC team do with there bye week?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vinceanity
    • Dec 2006

What do star players from an AFC team do with there bye week?

Young, Bulluck, Scaife visit hurt Bill in hospital

By JIM WYATT
    Staff Writer

Given a chance to go anywhere they wanted during their bye weekend, three Titans spent the first part of it in Houston on Thursday night with injured Bills tight end Kevin Everett.
    Quarterback Vince Young, linebacker Keith Bulluck and tight end Bo Scaife visited Everett at Houston's Memorial Hermann hospital, where he's spending the next part of his recovery from a life-threatening spinal cord injury.

The players gave Everett a No. 10 Titans jersey that was autographed by all three, and talked with him for roughly 30 minute after Everett finished his rehab.
    Everett, who is from Port Arthur, Texas, was part of Scaife's group at the NFL Combine three years ago, and the two met when Everett, as a high school senior, visited the University of Texas, where Scaife and Young went to school.
    Everett was hurt making a tackle in Buffalo's season opener against Denver.
    "They wanted to do something to lift his spirits,'' said Mike Mu, Young's marketing manager.
    "He enjoyed seeing them and they enjoyed spending time with him.''
    Everett recently was transferred from Buffalo to Houston's Memorial Hermann-The Institute for Rehabilitation and Research, which provides medical rehabilitation for patients of catastrophic trauma such as brain or spinal cord injuries.
    Doctors initially feared Everett never would walk again, but he began moving his arms and legs days after the injury. In Houston, he has been able to lift his right arm and sit up in bed, doctors say.
    The Titans practiced Thursday, and many players left town late in the day.
    Several Titans will be honored at the Texas-Kansas State game in Austin on Saturday, when Young will serve as an honorary captain and be present at the coin flip.
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: What do star players from an AFC team do with there bye week?

Classy.

I'm telling you. VInce Young is not only going to be a big-time winner in this league, he's a good guy. He's good for this league.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• vinceanity
      • Dec 2006

VY paid there way and also made a nice donation to help Kevin out. Kev remains in all our prayers.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I'm a HUGE Vince Young fan. THis guy just WINS.. Forget the numbers he does what he has to do.

Comment

• RockStar36
          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
          • Sep 2004

D & S Sports

Comment

• The King
            Without me it's just Awe so
            • Jun 2004

Wow, talk about class.

Considering Buffalo has zero shot at the playoffs here's a team I am rooting for the rest of the way.
            How could you root against people like that.
            I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
            "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
            You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
            It was all
            true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
            He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
            mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• Bulldog
              Top Dog
              • Jan 2003

Pretty impressive. I was never really a VY fan, but I may be now. It seems pretty obvious to me that this guy gets it both on and off the field. It may not always be pretty when he plays, but all the guy does is win games. And I think this gesture speaks to the kind of human being he is, which is really refreshing is this age of "me" players. I have a lot of repect for these gentlemen and my only regret is that there aren't more like them in the NFL.
              I only drink when I'm alone or with others.

Comment

• hammerbillsfan
                • Aug 2005

VY and the Titans

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Very impressive.

Jon

Comment

• patmoran2006
                    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                    • Dec 2005

What's INCREDIBLE to me is this kid is 10-6 as a starter, with FAR inferior overall talent than Buffalo.

Comment

• Elminster
                      #1 Kelsay Fan
                      • Oct 2006

Originally posted by MBBedard
                      Wow, talk about class.

Considering Buffalo has zero shot at the playoffs here's a team I am rooting for the rest of the way.
                      How could you root against people like that.
                      I consider the Titans rivals, personally. So, though they seem to be a classy organization, the Titans won't get my support for a while yet, if they do...
                      Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

why are the Titans rivals to you?

Ahh throwback play?

Comment

• mybills
                          81 st zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Very classy! Thanks, VY.
                          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• jdbillsfan
                            • Oct 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                            What's INCREDIBLE to me is this kid is 10-6 as a starter, with FAR inferior overall talent than Buffalo.

I am not sure you could say Buffalo has more superior talent than any team at this point.

Comment

• cocamide
                              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Bulldog
                              Pretty impressive. I was never really a VY fan, but I may be now. It seems pretty obvious to me that this guy gets it both on and off the field. It may not always be pretty when he plays, but all the guy does is win games. And I think this gesture speaks to the kind of human being he is, which is really refreshing is this age of "me" players. I have a lot of repect for these gentlemen and my only regret is that there aren't more like them in the NFL.
                              Great post. I wasn't much of a VY fan either. I always thought of him as the next Vick, but I guess that was just because of their similarities on the field. Thank god that isn't true off the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X