I'm going to say it again in regards to the D...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

I'm going to say it again in regards to the D...

You can't build a defense around Schobel, Crowell, and Kelsay. These guys are not talented enough to help carry and lead the D.

I watched Michael Strahan at 35 still be more of a destructive force than anyone we have on our time.

Without some higher caliber players raising the bar, guys like Yobouty, Simpson, and Whitner will continue to play at levels comparable.

The Bills D in the early 90's got mediocre players and good players to play at higher levels because of Bruce, Conlan, and Bennett.

Until this team get some players that elevate this team I expect nothing but the same.
  • CSFAN
    • Mar 2007

Re: I'm going to say it again in regards to the D...

Does anyone know how next year's draft is looking as far as big DT's go?

Comment

• hydro
      • Oct 2005

Originally posted by CSFAN
      Two words, GLENN DORSEY! I believe there is somewhat of a drop off after him thought.
      BERNIAC!

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by CSFAN

that's the entire problem. This organization does not believe in big DT's. they want quick penetrating DT's.... Look at us now.

We got rid of pat Williams and Sam Adams and have never looked back, and our Defenses have been getting worse and worse.

and I 100% agree. Schobel, Kelsay and Crowell are the kind of players who put next to great players to make your team a Superbowl caliber team. Not vice versa.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
          Peterman Sucks!
          • Mar 2006

The problem is, we kind of have to build our D around Schoebel and Kelsay, we have a ton of money invested into them.

Comment

• EDS
            • Jan 2003

This is why you don't use a very high draft pick on a safety when your defensive tackles are non-existent.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
              • Mar 2005

Originally posted by EDS
              This is why you don't use a very high draft pick on a safety when your defensive tackles are non-existent.
              Yep, the Whitner pick is starting to not look so good.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE

Without some higher caliber players raising the bar, guys like Yobouty, Simpson, and Whitner will continue to play at levels comparable.
                The best thing for a shakey secondary is a great pash rush.

The Bills pass rush about as well as they stop the run.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                  The best thing for a shakey secondary is a great pash rush.

The Bills pass rush about as well as they stop the run.
                  People fall in love with the garbage around here. Schobel and Kelsay are jokes. Denney being hurt is about the equiv of Stamer being hurt.

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

Schobel and Kelsay will be fine once we can get a better push from mcargo and replace tripplet with a stud. Bruce Smith had hanson and washington to help them. We have no pressure from the middle on a defense that requires pressure from the middle. We get that pressure from the middle this deffense will be more productive...after all it was designed to do that...... That in theory is why we can do without top flight corners.... We suck on deffense because we hoped tripplet would create that and mcargo is doing that but not on a consistant basis......

Replace triplet = better pass defense.

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                    You can't build a defense around Schobel, Crowell, and Kelsay. These guys are not talented enough to help carry and lead the D.

I watched Michael Strahan at 35 still be more of a destructive force than anyone we have on our time.

The Bills D in the early 90's got mediocre players and good players to play at higher levels because of Bruce, Conlan, and Bennett.

Until this team get some players that elevate this team I expect nothing but the same.
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• EDS
                      • Jan 2003

Originally posted by acehole
                      Schobel and Kelsay will be fine once we can get a better push from mcargo and replace tripplet with a stud. Bruce Smith had hanson and washington to help them. We have no pressure from the middle on a defense that requires pressure from the middle. We get that pressure from the middle this deffense will be more productive...after all it was designed to do that...... That in theory is why we can do without top flight corners.... We suck on deffense because we hoped tripplet would create that and mcargo is doing that but not on a consistant basis......

Replace triplet = better pass defense.
                      The problem is McCargo and Triplett spit time at one of the defensive tackle positions and the other defensive tackle position is split by crap and crap.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Poz is certainly that kind of player, but he's hurt. I think Whitner, who is 21 or 22 years old and has played all of 19 games, may eventually be a force, too, but of course we're writing him off already.

Let's just write off the whole friggin' D, which is both one of the youngest and most injured in the league, without giving them a chance.

Better yet, let's write off the whole friggin' team and become Pats fans.

We hate the owner, the GM, the coach, and most of the players, so what's the use?
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

The original post focused on Schobel, Kelsay and Crowell, who have neither youth nor injury as an excuse.
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                            • Feb 2005

I agree... I'm totally baffled why a DE who had trouble against the run would drop 20 pounds.

There is 1 good thing about this season however... Our depth will be better for it as far as experience goes.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by hydrosmak
                              Two words, GLENN DORSEY! I believe there is somewhat of a drop off after him thought.
                              Dorsey's very active, but if the qualifier is "big" Dorsey doesn't fit. He's 6'2" and a tad over 300 lbs., the same size as the guys we've got now. Ironically the biggest DT for the Bills is usually thought of as the worst (Tim Anderson).
                              Last edited by TigerJ; 09-29-2007, 09:34 AM.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X