PDA

View Full Version : For a team and fans so DESPERATE for a spark..

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 01:28 PM
I find it out hard to fathom how lukewarm at best the support for Trent Edwards is in here.

I dont get it. This team is GOD AWFUL and going nowhere. Why in the world would everyone NOT want to see the next guy get his shot. Jesus, how much worse could this offense possibly be with Edwards starting instead of Losman. I mean, seriously.

Again, this teams brtual and with Poz out for the year, there is nothing to look forward to except following Lynch's progress. If nothing else based on words of some credible football people (such as Walsh), his preseason performance and his first drive against the Patriots---- fans should be estatic right now to see what the kid can do as a starter. To me, its like a "What do we have to lose" situation..

Just don't get some of you guys..

casdhf
09-28-2007, 01:31 PM
In the immortal words of Op:

"Differen't doesn't logically mean better"

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 01:35 PM

We're 0-3 with 8 points per game scored and getting outgained by more than 2.5 to 1.

"It can only get better"

LtBillsFan66
09-28-2007, 01:46 PM
I'm a big fan of Edwards and hope that he's the future QB of the team. I want him to do well, but I don't think he can provide the spark. Dick Jauron is a perennial loser.

Philagape
I'll never get "excited" over a rookie QB. He may be the next Montana someday, but not Sunday.

patmoran2006
I'll remember the fair-weathered Edwards fans come Monday morning after this week of crapping on him in here.

Especially you, Muttboy

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 01:47 PM
I'll never get "excited" over a rookie QB. He may be the next Montana someday, but not Sunday.
Jets have the 5th worse defense in football; if they can get the running game going he can look very good Sunday

Philagape
09-28-2007, 01:48 PM
Jets have the 5th worse defense in football; if they can get the running game going he can look very good Sunday

If they can get the running game going, then he'll just have to manage the game. I'm excited about Lynch.

Mahdi
09-28-2007, 01:55 PM
I think everyone is just cautiously optimistic or maybe just open to the idea of Edwards. Theres no point in getting ecstatic or over-joyed because if the rest of the team doesnt perform he will look like garbage anyways and we wont even see his true potential. Personally and I'm pretty sure its like this for most as well, I just want to see someone other than Lynch and the OL play a good game and if it happens great, if not than its nothing new but I'm not going to get all ecstatic and then watch as Edwards struggles with a laid back game-plan. Maybe he will do well, but at this point I'm done with getting all worked up before games, I'm on a wait and see basis.

raphael120
09-28-2007, 02:14 PM
Can we just ****ing discuss the topic here people?!!?!

Lots of Bills fans are going to watch this game because we want to track the progress of Edwards, you have to admit, having Edwards in there is going to add another element of excitement. It's like preseason all over again...eh, it doesnt matter who wins, you just want to see how good your players are.

OpIv37
09-28-2007, 02:17 PM

close enough- I said "different doesn't necessarily mean better."

I'm curious to see what Edwards can do, but our WR's suck and Fairchild has his head up his ass, so I don't anticipate better results.

And if he doesn't completely suck, then we're headed for another full-blown QB controversy.

Mahdi
09-28-2007, 02:26 PM
I am interested to see if Edwards can throw the ball deep or not. He only ever throws short stuff. The two passes that exceeded 15 yards were either over-thrown or under-thrown. He gets a pass though of course. The reps should make a big difference.

gil
09-28-2007, 02:46 PM
I mean seriously, Pat, if people here had started threads saying things like "I AM SO EXCITED FOR EDWARDS TO START, HE WILL SPARK THE TEAM" you would likely be the first person to jump on that thread and list the other 1,500 reasons why the team is in trouble - sorry we're not reading your mind and starting threads to meet your approval.

For the record, I am optimistic to see what the kid can do, but can he be a spark? That's a pretty long shot.

DynaPaul
09-28-2007, 06:29 PM
I'm for Edwards coming but at this point I'm used to letdowns from this team.

acehole
09-28-2007, 06:47 PM
A. I dont think it is the time yet for the next guy. B Rothesburger had 7 int/'e this piont last year on an aguably much better team...and they were smart enough to leave him in for this year.

B. I think watching T Edwards on this team is like watching a switch at captian of the Titanic as it is going down...what the hell fun is that?

C. I will be going applepicking on Sunday instead of wasting my time on this team right now. Tivo is a great thing and this game will no longer piss me off until late Sunday night.

D. If JP is the worse QB as people here have stated. PUT HIM in and lets pray for the # 1 pick!...save your precious savior until this team is built around him...during the Bill Cow years.....

E. People here are already questioning witner for crying out loud!

F. We are 6 players and 2 coaches away from a Playoff team and you guys want to flush all that progress down the tiolet! (# 2 WR, Pass catching TE, Stud DT,OLB,OLB,CB.)

Send a message to Ralph!...We are not watching until you give us a reason!

OK I am fine now.

Good post PAt.

th
I find it out hard to fathom how lukewarm at best the support for Trent Edwards is in here.

I dont get it. This team is GOD AWFUL and going nowhere. Why in the world would everyone NOT want to see the next guy get his shot. Jesus, how much worse could this offense possibly be with Edwards starting instead of Losman. I mean, seriously.

Again, this teams brtual and with Poz out for the year, there is nothing to look forward to except following Lynch's progress. If nothing else based on words of some credible football people (such as Walsh), his preseason performance and his first drive against the Patriots---- fans should be estatic right now to see what the kid can do as a starter. To me, its like a "What do we have to lose" situation..

Cntrygal
09-28-2007, 06:55 PM
I'll remember the fair-weathered Edwards fans come Monday morning after this week of crapping on him in here.

:blah:

I'm sure Fairchild and Co. will set him - and the rest of the team - up for success.

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 07:01 PM
:blah:

I'm sure Fairchild and Co. will set him - and the rest of the team - up for success.

:bow: :cgal:

Typ0
09-28-2007, 07:07 PM
:bow: :cgal:

didn't I just read a long diatribe about you not being in this thead?

Typ0
09-28-2007, 07:11 PM

they are the same people that keep whining "you guys need to stop claiming you are right and gloating". They can't accept the fact that we have been spinning our wheels behind JP lossman for two years now. They can't accept that Mularkey benched his ass because he was out there on the field absolutely clueless doing nothing. Instead, that move destroyed his psyche. At the time the cry was "leave him in he'll turn into Montana by default". But since he wasn't left in doing nothing he's been ruined. Excuses, excuses. Men don't make excuses they just do.

Typ0
09-28-2007, 07:16 PM
A. I dont think it is the time yet for the next guy. B Rothesburger had 7 int/'e this piont last year on an aguably much better team...and they were smart enough to leave him in for this year.

B. I think watching T Edwards on this team is like watching a switch at captian of the Titanic as it is going down...what the hell fun is that?

C. I will be going applepicking on Sunday instead of wasting my time on this team right now. Tivo is a great thing and this game will no longer piss me off until late Sunday night.

D. If JP is the worse QB as people here have stated. PUT HIM in and lets pray for the # 1 pick!...save your precious savior until this team is built around him...during the Bill Cow years.....

E. People here are already questioning witner for crying out loud!

F. We are 6 players and 2 coaches away from a Playoff team and you guys want to flush all that progress down the tiolet! (# 2 WR, Pass catching TE, Stud DT,OLB,OLB,CB.)

Send a message to Ralph!...We are not watching until you give us a reason!

OK I am fine now.

Good post PAt.

th

A. Roth won the superbowl the year before and had a horrid offseason last year.

B. Wrong, he might not win. He might make rookie mistakes. But if he does SOMETHING we're headed in the right direction.

C. Watch it later whats the difference?

D. He's injured so it's a non issue.

E. Whitner is lost because the defensive line stinks.

F. We need more than that.

YardRat
09-28-2007, 08:37 PM
I still can't get over how the 'players' in the JP vs Holcomb battle are now adopting a different argument.

Mad Bomber
09-28-2007, 09:07 PM

Just don't get some of you guys.. Pat, I haven't read the rest of this thread, but your dissing of other Zoners is getting old. This post is a delusional projection of your feelings onto the rest of us. Why are you ranting on other Zoners about Edwards when we haven't even played the game yet?

Wait until Monday, please.

I hope that TE has a solid game on Sunday.

I'm just looking forward to kicking some Jets ass this week. Especially since I live in the NYC area, where there are nothing other than Jest and Giants fans.

PECKERWOOD
09-28-2007, 09:08 PM

I'm just going into this thing cautiously. I've already jumped the gun once on Losman and I don't want to do it again on Edwards. I'm going to make him prove it to me that he can step up and become a leader on this team. It's hard to imagine Buffalo going anywhere but up, we've already hit rock bottom so I'm willing to try almost anything at this point.

Michael82
09-29-2007, 12:55 AM
It was a bad idea to throw Holcomb in for a spark a couple years ago. Just like it won't work for Edwards this year. He won't be a spark. It will be the same old boring ass offense because the coaches are the problem. And JP Losman will be back after the bye week and starting at home against the Baltimore Ravens. :up:

BillsFever21
09-29-2007, 01:46 AM
I Jesus, how much worse could this offense possibly be with Edwards starting instead of Losman. I mean, seriously.

I remember a lot of people saying how much worse could Gregg Williams be then Wade Phillips. Then how much worse could Mularkey be the Gregg Williams. And then how much worse could Dick Jauron be then Mike Mularkey. And then how much worse could the defense be this year without the veterans then they were last year with them. Even heard before that how much worse could Rob Johnson be then Doug Flutie. Then how much worse could Drew Bledsoe be then before. Then how much worse could Losman be then Drew Bledsoe.

Well, most of the time it got significantly worse to the point where our team currently is. We were worse under each coach then the one before. Yes our defense was worse then last year BEFORE the injuries to 3rd string quality players.

mybills
09-29-2007, 06:56 AM
"I'll remember the fair-weathered Edwards fans come Monday morning after this week of crapping on him in here."

Fair-weathered Edwards fans? :roflmao: Who's crapping on him? :coocoo: