PDA

View Full Version : Its Not Trent Edwards vs J.P. Losman

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 01:29 PM
You know,sometimes I have got to laugh....

On Sunday you will be watching a new Quarterback in Buffalo and many of you will log in here on Monday and post your comments on this board.

Most of you will compare the 2 and try to convince everyone who will liston on who should be the starter against the Cowboys.

My friends, that will be a mistake.

Do you remember Jim Kelly's first game in Buffalo? I remember it well and I left that game knowing "He Was The Guy". There was no player in the entire NFL that was better in the eyes of Buffalo fans.
It made no difference who we were playing, Jim Kelly would find a way to win the game. If it meant scoreing 35 points, he would do it! The players rallied to his side and the rest is history.
The difference is I knew it right away, it didn't take more then 20 mins!

You need to decide for yourself rather this is the guy that can rally a team or does he just play QB to make a few bucks and retire.

I refuse to compare him to J.P. Losman. I want to see if he has the qualities of a winner or does he play the postion to help Buffalo"Win a few games?"

My guess is, You will know it right away. Its won't take you an entire season before you have your answer. I have seen Edwards play at Stanford and you will notice some big diferences on how he handles the players!

When things were going wrong, Jim Kelly got together with his offense and took total contol of the converation, he was the boss and the players listoned, you will find Edwards is like that too!

Keep you eyes on how he handles the huddle. When he is on the side line,is he talking with the players and coaches in an attempt to find a way to score points, or is he sitting by himself in a daze? Try to remember how Jim Kelly was when he was a Bill. There was a fire and everyone knew it too!

Its not Trent Edwards against J.P. Losman, its Trent against what Jim Kelly was as a player for the Buffalo Bills!

Its been a long time since Buffalo had a great quarterback in town and some of us forget what it takes to win....

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 01:34 PM
You dont compare QB's to hall of famers.

There were few Jim Kelly's in the NFL for ANY team.

However, I like your post about the questions that should be asked. I am in TOTAL agreement with that.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 01:39 PM

However, I like your post about the questions that should be asked. I am in TOTAL agreement with that.

You can compare them to the qualities of a hall of famer....for sure!

Would you rather compare him to J.p Losman...please!

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 01:43 PM

I think you missed my second to the last sentence!

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 01:44 PM
You can compare them to the qualities of a hall of famer....for sure!

Would you rather compare him to J.p Losman...please!

Responding to him about a subject he abuses only adds gas on a inferno. :surrender

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 01:54 PM
lol, coming my Pad Warrior's twin brother over there....

Wally. I agree about the intangibles aspect of your post. .I've always looked for those things from JP and rarely seen them.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 02:01 PM
lol, coming my Pad Warrior's twin brother over there....

Wally. I agree about the intangibles aspect of your post. .I've always looked for those things from JP and rarely seen them.

You know, we have some younger fans on this board that were little kids when Kelly was QB in Buffalo.
Its easy to forget what Jim did here.

Its also easy to look at 2 average QB's in one town and think the have what it takes to win Superbowls.

I need to catch myself sometimes too!

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 02:16 PM
You know I used to have a caddilac and I forgot how great it was.

I have a Chevy right now, and I love it.....get my drift!

raphael120
09-28-2007, 02:17 PM
Great post! :clap:

HendersonD06
09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
The Jets may not have a J.Kelly type of QB... But I love the way Chad Pennington plays the game of football... I always feel like we have a chance with Chad. When you see him in the huddle... Players such as Coles, Cotchery, Leon Washington, Ferguson, Mangold... They all LISTEN... And when a player makes a mistake... Chad Pennington will be the first one to get on their ass on the sidelines... To me... Chad is a born leader.

But the reason why Im glad Chad is the QB for the Jets, is his heart... Thats all I gotta say... He has more heart than any player I have ever seen. Just go look at the game vs NE, week one of this year... The man has heart, I never seen a player with as much heart.

Yea Chad may not have the best arm... But he finds ways to win games with his heart and his leadership ability. (He's also #2 all time in completion %) This year he has 4 TD's and 0 Int's in 2 games.

Ok sorry Buffalo fans, I just got carried away with myself for a moment.

shelby
09-28-2007, 02:40 PM
Wally, are you ready to proclaim Edwards as the saviour of this team?

Do you think he can overcome the piss poor playcalling and make something happen out there?

Do you think he's ready to be compared with Jim Kelly?

i don't have much knowledge of his skills as i never followed him at Stanford.
i'd love to see this kid come out and make some kick ass plays, watch our O finally gel, and score some points. But i don't know if Jauron is willing to let that happen.

i've said before and i will repeat...i don't give a :curse: who is the starting QB of this team, as long as they are producing. i don't need a QB controversy. i need the Bills to go over .500 this season, and i'll be satisfied with that.

{btw....anyone living in Southwestern Florida, it is highly worth your while to sit down at Boomers in Port Charlotte and watch a Bills game with Wally. i highly recommend it.}

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 02:42 PM
The Jets may not have a J.Kelly type of QB... But I love the way Chad Pennington plays the game of football... I always feel like we have a chance with Chad. When you see him in the huddle... Players such as Coles, Cotchery, Leon Washington, Ferguson, Mangold... They all LISTEN... And when a player makes a mistake... Chad Pennington will be the first one to get on their ass on the sidelines... To me... Chad is a born leader.

But the reason why Im glad Chad is the QB for the Jets, is his heart... Thats all I gotta say... He has more heart than any player I have ever seen. Just go look at the game vs NE, week one of this year... The man has heart, I never seen a player with as much heart.

Yea Chad may not have the best arm... But he finds ways to win games with his heart and his leadership ability. (He's also #2 all time in completion %) This year he has 4 TD's and 0 Int's in 2 games.

Ok sorry Buffalo fans, I just got carried away with myself for a moment.

Buffalo needs an upgrade and Edwards has the best shot from what I have seen of him.
When he gets hot, he is hard to stop at times!

casdhf
09-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Ok sorry Buffalo fans, I just got carried away with myself for a moment. Heart doesn't win games. Culpepper was all hart, look where it got him.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 02:44 PM
Wally, are you ready to proclaim Edwards as the saviour of this team?

Do you think he can overcome the piss poor playcalling and make something happen out there?

Do you think he's ready to be compared with Jim Kelly?

i don't have much knowledge of his skills as i never followed him at Stanford.
i'd love to see this kid come out and make some kick ass plays, watch our O finally gel, and score some points. But i don't know if Jauron is willing to let that happen.

i've said before and i will repeat...i don't give a :curse: who is the starting QB of this team, as long as they are producing. i don't need a QB controversy. i need the Bills to go over .500 this season, and i'll be satisfied with that.

{btw....anyone living in Southwestern Florida, it is highly worth your while to sit down at Boomers in Port Charlotte and watch a Bills game with Wally. i highly recommend it.}

I am not expecting Edwards to be Jim but, He has some qualities the fans will love.
Perhaps he will rally the team...wewill see!

shelby
09-28-2007, 02:47 PM
i'll love any QB who can score a few touchdowns at this point.
:gobills:

HendersonD06
09-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Shelby, I live on the west coast of FL, here in Tampa... What if I watch a game with him? (Im a jets fan) :)

shelby
09-28-2007, 03:07 PM
i'm sure he wouldn't mind a bit.
He's a nice guy.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 03:38 PM
i'm sure he wouldn't mind a bit.
He's a nice guy.

The more the better, Boomers, RT 41 Port Charlotte.

Wear you Jets jersey, you will be popular!

trapezeus
09-28-2007, 03:49 PM
i don't understand wally's post. perhaps i'm not getting it. but he doesn't see Edwards or Losman being the next kelly. but he seems to be rallying that Edwards will be kelly after the jets game.

this was a john kerry post for sure.

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 03:56 PM
The more the better, Boomers, RT 41 Port Charlotte.

Wear you Jets jersey, you will be popular!

come down to the naples club, by radio road.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 04:12 PM
come down to the naples club, by radio road.

We are staying near home this week!

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 04:16 PM
We are staying near home this week!

That's cool, I know how the mileage can get really up there from driving down here.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 04:24 PM
That's cool, I know how the mileage can get really up there from driving down here.
I will go to Naples for a game this year as I want to check it out!

Mark my words we will be in Naples some game this year!

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 04:41 PM
I will go to Naples for a game this year as I want to check it out!

Mark my words we will be in Naples some game this year!

Let me know your coming and I'll save room for you at the table. It's the Beef O'brady by radio, it's a goodtime.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 04:43 PM
Let me know your coming and I'll save room for you at the table. It's the Beef O'brady by radio, it's a goodtime.
I have heard about the place and I hear it is one of the best places to see a Bills game in Florida!

I will be coming and I will let you know!

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 04:45 PM
I have heard about the place and I hear it is one of the best places to see a Bills game in Florida!

I will be coming and I will let you know!

Look forward to it!!!!!

shelby
09-28-2007, 04:45 PM
Can't be better than O'Brien's in Brandon....that place was awesome, even if the trampy waitress was hitting on my husband.:mad:

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Can't be better than O'Brien's in Brandon....that place was awesome, even if the trampy waitress was hitting on my husband.:mad:

She was looking for a big tip, If you know what I mean. :couch:

shelby
09-28-2007, 04:49 PM
:spit:
THAT'S MY BIG TIP DAMNIT!

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 04:51 PM
:spit:
THAT'S MY BIG TIP DAMNIT!

:surrender , Classic.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 04:59 PM

I must have missed that!

I was watching the game!

Want to hit Naples one game Shelby....its really a long drive for you!

Dont drink the water
09-28-2007, 06:01 PM
My guess is, You will know it right away. Its won't take you an entire season before you have your answer. I have seen Edwards play at Stanford and you will notice some big diferences on how he handles the players!.

Many of the posters already made up their mind about Losman right away before he played a down but now many have changed their minds. Not always a bad thing to change your mind meaning that you are willing to listen to facts but the former is exactly what QBs critics complain on - focuses exclusively on one target until you are sacked or fumble.

Wally The Barber
09-28-2007, 06:26 PM
[quote=Dont drink the water]Many of the posters already made up their mind about Losman right away before he played a down but now many have changed their minds. Not always a bad thing to change your mind meaning that you are willing to

Great Point

Wally The Barber
09-29-2007, 08:39 AM
i don't understand wally's post. perhaps i'm not getting it. but he doesn't see Edwards or Losman being the next kelly. but he seems to be rallying that Edwards will be kelly after the jets game.

this was a john kerry post for sure.

Everyone else seem to understand it....need I say more!

We need to stop comparing Chevys to Fords and start looking for a BMW.

Lets compare Edwards to the Brady's, Mannings,and Kelly's.
In my opinion Losman is a Ford.

jamze132
09-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Do you remember Jim Kelly's first game in Buffalo? I remember it well and I left that game knowing "He Was The Guy". There was no player in the entire NFL that was better in the eyes of Buffalo fans.
It made no difference who we were playing, Jim Kelly would find a way to win the game. If it meant scoreing 35 points, he would do it! The players rallied to his side and the rest is history.
The difference is I knew it right away, it didn't take more then 20 mins!

So midway through the first quarter we are going to know if he has "it"? OK.:blowup:

Cntrygal
09-29-2007, 09:12 AM
Kinda hard for anyone to succeed as long as the coach is sabotaging you.

shelby
09-29-2007, 09:28 AM
I must have missed that!

I was watching the game!

Want to hit Naples one game Shelby....its really a long drive for you!
i don't think i could talk Terry into that.:(

churchinski
09-29-2007, 10:02 PM
actually if you want to win a superbowl you'll probably need a better QB than kelly was

he was on a team loaded with hall of famers and couldnt win one

TigerJ
09-29-2007, 10:40 PM
If Losman is healhy, he probably starts versus Dallas. But if Edwards plays well, every game in which he starts and plays well erodes the likelihood that Losman has a long term future with the club.

Mitchy moo
09-29-2007, 11:15 PM
i don't think i could talk Terry into that.:(

You could find a way, if you wanted too.:couch:

Wally The Barber
09-30-2007, 07:36 AM
You could find a way, if you wanted too.:couch:

Real Bills fans find a way! :cgal:

Wally The Barber
09-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I hate to say I told you so but..............................................................................

Wally The Barber
10-01-2007, 11:05 AM
:couch: