PDA

View Full Version : as good as Poz is/was this year...

acehole
09-28-2007, 01:40 PM
I think he will be riddle with injuries his whole career in the middle....

Move him to weak side and draft a pure runstuffer.....

thoughts?

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 01:50 PM
IM going to put on my homer glasses for TWO SECONDS here.

I was impressed and pleasantly surprised by how good he looked against the run.

I think it was the EXACT opposite. I think he was STRUGGLING big time in pass coverage. . But Jesus he was a rookie and played all of two games, he would get better.

Overall, I think Poz looked great and we'll be good at MLB for a while.

NOW though!!!!!! I wouldn't have ever let Fletch walk away like the Bills did and if Poz was DRAFTED for WLB then this defense would be much better (providing he didnt break his arm of course)

Mahdi
09-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Poz stuffs the run purely.

justasportsfan
09-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Poz stuffs the run purely.
yeah, it's seems like his D against the pass needs a lot of work.

Mitchy moo
09-28-2007, 02:23 PM
Poz and the pass do not mix. Oil / water.

Mahdi
09-28-2007, 02:24 PM
yeah, it's seems like his D against the pass needs a lot of work.
I think that has more to do with the mental side of the Cover 2 and not the physical aspect.

OpIv37
09-28-2007, 02:42 PM
On one hand, he's been injured 2 out of the last 3 years.

On the other hand, unlike McCargo, this most recent injury is a completely different injury that his previous one, and was more or less a freak accident.

I think it's premature to call him injury prone and I think we'd be better served to draft a weak side LB and let Poz build on what he's learned so far than keep moving him around.

patmoran2006
09-28-2007, 03:19 PM
POZ is clearly part of the solution, not the problem.

bflojohn
09-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Jonathan Goff, ILB, Vanderbilt. Swing Paul Posluszny to weakside OLB with Ellison as his backup. DiGiogio backs up Goff, and we are set!

Ebenezer
09-28-2007, 11:00 PM
I'd like to know how many of us wouldn't have broken a forearm during that tackle. Injuries happen. It's not like he tripped over the yardline.

acehole
09-29-2007, 07:31 AM
Jonathan Goff, ILB, Vanderbilt. Swing Paul Posluszny to weakside OLB with Ellison as his backup. DiGiogio backs up Goff, and we are set!

like it allthough need 1 more olb...

churchinski
09-29-2007, 10:20 PM
I'd like to know how many of us wouldn't have broken a forearm during that tackle. Injuries happen. It's not like he tripped over the yardline.i don't think it would have broke my forearm

SpillerThrills
09-29-2007, 10:25 PM
i don't think it would have broke my forearm

no, it probably would have broken alot more than just your forearm.....

Mitchy moo
09-29-2007, 11:23 PM
no, it probably would have broken alot more than just your forearm.....

lol.

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-30-2007, 03:02 AM
I think he will be riddle with injuries his whole career in the middle....

Move him to weak side and draft a pure runstuffer.....

thoughts?

riddled with injuries his whole career, eh? my thoughts are that you have some serious psychic abilities. Can you tell me anything else that will happen to this team over the next 10-11 seasons?

And how is he not a pure run stuffer? That's a joke, right?

the kid is shut down for the season and he played two games...we'll not be able to truly evaluate his talent until next year...I'd suggest moving onto someone else to tear down...or maybe even accentuating the positives on this team.

acehole
09-30-2007, 08:59 AM
riddled with injuries his whole career, eh? my thoughts are that you have some serious psychic abilities. Can you tell me anything else that will happen to this team over the next 10-11 seasons?

And how is he not a pure run stuffer? That's a joke, right?

the kid is shut down for the season and he played two games...we'll not be able to truly evaluate his talent until next year...I'd suggest moving onto someone else to tear down...or maybe even accentuating the positives on this team.

Not tearing down anyone ...he plays too hard for for his body ..I am saying the opposite. He will get less action on the outside....shut down the run on that side. I am not psychic...but if you can put 2 and 2 together it is a physically demanding spot to be + he plays very hard + not the biggest guy in the world = potential problem. He need some help in the middle replacing tripplet or move him to his spot in school. In that spot he could be very effective...thus improving the team. That is the piont of the post. Are you just going to tear down the messanger? What would you do to improve the team?

DarbyTheDinosaur
09-30-2007, 03:01 PM
Not tearing down anyone ...he plays too hard for for his body ..I am saying the opposite. He will get less action on the outside....shut down the run on that side. I am not psychic...but if you can put 2 and 2 together it is a physically demanding spot to be + he plays very hard + not the biggest guy in the world = potential problem. He need some help in the middle replacing tripplet or move him to his spot in school. In that spot he could be very effective...thus improving the team. That is the piont of the post. Are you just going to tear down the messanger? What would you do to improve the team?

Not tearing down the messenger...just the message. But you made a solid point once you expanded upon what you were talking about.

However, I would need to argue with you about his size...he's listed at 238 right now...don't you think he'll add another 10-12 over the next few seasons...is that really that small? If so, all of our linebackers are undersized.